Moderator: Rebel Security

OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

BigTrev34 wrote:
OMNOB wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Just came in. It doesnt matter what I think now

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3541647
I'm wondering what sort of stock can be put into this? The article states that Hardy would be sidelined for two months...
Hardy is 6-8 weeks. That is about 2 months.
I am quite familiar with the break down of weeks as it translates to months, but, it seems to me that there are people here that have some "inside" information regarding the football program who say that Hardy would be ready to go for Vandy on Sept 20, which is four weeks, or one month.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

OMNOB wrote:
A10Rebel wrote:Everyone hurt. Great. A seven win best case scenario just went to five. Anyone else going to blow up in the next couple of days? Who's left on DL? Any play makers?

This is garbage and you know they don't have the two-a-day schedule from hell either.
injuries happen, it's the nature of the game of football.

I personally can't see where this "the sky is falling" attitude comes from. The losses of Jerry and Hardy sting to be sure, but really a team does not two kids make. I want to pound Tiger High into submission as much as the next guy, and I don't believe that we need those two guys to do so. By the time we roll into Winston-Salem Laurent will be ready to go and along with Tillman and Powe the line should be serviceable enough.

Besides, as a team goes, it would seem to me that the O is the over-all strength, so , if the D gives up 35 it'll be all good as long as the O scores 36 :)
True injuries happen. Surgical injuries in the middle of two a days??? That doesn't help. Our offense can be all that and sack lunch but you know as well as I do we weren't electrifying at all last year in that department and I won't be convinced until we're knee deep into the season. A fourty point deficit is no fun and unrealistic task to ask any offense to dig out from.

What's left? Our defensive front which is supposed to be diesel. Pressure is what we need against the offenses of the SEC if we can't deliver on that then PRESSURE is in fact what we'll get on our secondary which as of right now; the jury is still out on and our cover guys have zero depth.

Look I want to be successful but at the same time I'm not letting reality slip away here and the reality is this; our front four on the DL is one of the few strong attributes about our team. If two studs in that department are m.i.a. the entire unit suffers. You got guys out there who up to a few days ago were pretty much going to serve on the second platoon, not game time, prime time starters. Standouts handle it, the rest struggle until they've put in their time that's the long and short of it. We'll see how they handle first team stress. My bet; not well, to use an old cliche': talking is one thing walking it is another.

I refuse to set myself up for early frustration and disappointment. I want them to prove me wrong. I want them to totally make a fool out of me. I'll be the FIRST person on here that will owe up to it. Book it.

jmo.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The D line is what had me most excited about this team. Ask the NYGs how much a d line can help. Heck ask Eli. I bet he will tell ya how much it can help. This ain't good no matter how ya spin it. I am pulling for the young men to play their hearts out until they get back. Get well soon D line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hottytoddy08
Water Boy
Water Boy

"Hardy is 6-8 weeks. That is about 2 months."

6 weeks from surgery would be the monday before florida game.
if all goes well.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

hottytoddy08 wrote:"Hardy is 6-8 weeks. That is about 2 months."

if all goes well.
I will surprised if he isn't ready before then... and if not remember he was 3rd string going into Fall practice... Emmanual Stephens and Chris Bower and Kentrell Lockett ain't exactly chopped liver and should be more than enough to carry the team until he comes back...besides if we have to Marcus Tillman can play DE if we canget some of the other linemen coached up before then. Greg Hardy being the great player he is, isn't going to be the difference in any of our games within the first month of our season. WE don't play any great running and passing teams before we get to Florida... this will be the game that will test our whole defense...the early part of our schedule is gonna be one demensional offenses. That is the situation where you have to have all cylinders working at the same time. Take my word for it.
Later,
Hagar
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The starting d line for the first game will be better than many we have fielded in the past. Yet when d line was all healthy the depth was great. Not as much depth now. Before we didn't have to worry about them tired. They would have been as fresh in the fourth as the first. Getting worn down is my biggest concern.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:

if all goes well.
I will surprised if he isn't ready before then... and if not remember he was 3rd string going into Fall practice... Emmanual Stephens and Chris Bower and Kentrell Lockett ain't exactly chopped liver and should be more than enough to carry the team until he comes back...besides if we have to Marcus Tillman can play DE if we canget some of the other linemen coached up before then. Greg Hardy being the great player he is, isn't going to be the difference in any of our games within the first month of our season. WE don't play any great running and passing teams before we get to Florida... this will be the game that will test our whole defense...the early part of our schedule is gonna be one demensional offenses. That is the situation where you have to have all cylinders working at the same time. Take my word for it.
I think the whole defense will tested at the wake game. They have a very capable passer in Skinner. While wake ain't Florida, they're still picked by many of the media outlets to finish second in the atlantic division. We can't compare that to the SEC but they're still a good team and will be hard to beat on the road.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

badmotorfinger wrote:
Hagar wrote:

if all goes well.
I think the whole defense will tested at the wake game. They have a very capable passer in Skinner. While wake ain't Florida, they're still picked by many of the media outlets to finish second in the atlantic division. We can't compare that to the SEC but they're still a good team and will be hard to beat on the road.
Again, not to take anything away from WF... they will still be a one dimensional team. I can assure you they won't be running the football with any success against US.
Later,
Hagar
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:
Hagar wrote: I will surprised if he isn't ready before then... and if not remember he was 3rd string going into Fall practice... Emmanual Stephens and Chris Bower and Kentrell Lockett ain't exactly chopped liver and should be more than enough to carry the team until he comes back...besides if we have to Marcus Tillman can play DE if we canget some of the other linemen coached up before then. Greg Hardy being the great player he is, isn't going to be the difference in any of our games within the first month of our season. WE don't play any great running and passing teams before we get to Florida... this will be the game that will test our whole defense...the early part of our schedule is gonna be one demensional offenses. That is the situation where you have to have all cylinders working at the same time. Take my word for it.
Again, not to take anything away from WF... they will still be a one dimensional team. I can assure you they won't be running the football with any success against US.
Gotcha! :wink:
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

When we played them 2 years ago, they ran the ball 53 times for 240 yards and only passed the ball 5 times for 43 yards. And that was without their best RB playing. They were/are capable of running the ball.

Coming into that season, they had led the ACC in 4 of the last 5 seasons in rushing.

Here's the article:

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... LID=613096
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:When we played them 2 years ago, they ran the ball 53 times for 240 yards and only passed the ball 5 times for 43 yards. And that was without their best RB playing. They were/are capable of running the ball.

Coming into that season, they had led the ACC in 4 of the last 5 seasons in rushing.

Here's the article:

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... LID=613096
I thought they ran the ball on us, but not that much...wow....53 out of 58 times. i remember that our D-line was nonexistant. Ouch...painful memories. :twitch:
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

A10Rebel wrote:
OMNOB wrote:
A10Rebel wrote:Everyone hurt. Great. A seven win best case scenario just went to five. Anyone else going to blow up in the next couple of days? Who's left on DL? Any play makers?

This is garbage and you know they don't have the two-a-day schedule from hell either.
injuries happen, it's the nature of the game of football.

I personally can't see where this "the sky is falling" attitude comes from. The losses of Jerry and Hardy sting to be sure, but really a team does not two kids make. I want to pound Tiger High into submission as much as the next guy, and I don't believe that we need those two guys to do so. By the time we roll into Winston-Salem Laurent will be ready to go and along with Tillman and Powe the line should be serviceable enough.

Besides, as a team goes, it would seem to me that the O is the over-all strength, so , if the D gives up 35 it'll be all good as long as the O scores 36 :)
True injuries happen. Surgical injuries in the middle of two a days??? That doesn't help. Our offense can be all that and sack lunch but you know as well as I do we weren't electrifying at all last year in that department and I won't be convinced until we're knee deep into the season. A fourty point deficit is no fun and unrealistic task to ask any offense to dig out from.

What's left? Our defensive front which is supposed to be diesel. Pressure is what we need against the offenses of the SEC if we can't deliver on that then PRESSURE is in fact what we'll get on our secondary which as of right now; the jury is still out on and our cover guys have zero depth.

Look I want to be successful but at the same time I'm not letting reality slip away here and the reality is this; our front four on the DL is one of the few strong attributes about our team. If two studs in that department are m.i.a. the entire unit suffers. You got guys out there who up to a few days ago were pretty much going to serve on the second platoon, not game time, prime time starters. Standouts handle it, the rest struggle until they've put in their time that's the long and short of it. We'll see how they handle first team stress. My bet; not well, to use an old cliche': talking is one thing walking it is another.

I refuse to set myself up for early frustration and disappointment. I want them to prove me wrong. I want them to totally make a fool out of me. I'll be the FIRST person on here that will owe up to it. Book it.

jmo.
Great opinion A10. You seem to be concerned about the dline. Everyone else makes it seem like Jerry and Hardy are just good players but they are not. They are playmakers, especially Hardy. Losing your All SEC DT and DE are a big deal, especially when you aint LSU or Aub or Ga where you just bring in the backup.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

BigTrev34 wrote:
A10Rebel wrote:
OMNOB wrote: injuries happen, it's the nature of the game of football.

jmo.
Great opinion A10. You seem to be concerned about the dline. Everyone else makes it seem like Jerry and Hardy are just good players but they are not. They are playmakers, especially Hardy. Losing your All SEC DT and DE are a big deal, especially when you aint LSU or Aub or Ga where you just bring in the backup.

Preciate that bro. Yeah those are the guys that get a sack or make a fumble happen on a third down and change the course of a game. Rooks don't typically come in phenominal and make those big plays. Hardy is huge in that department. Look at the Alabama game last year. Dude took over. Nobody's telling me his back up does this. Guys like that get the other players jacked, it's contagious; trust me. We get in a South Carolina or Alabama game where we're evenly matched and we don't have a Hardy or one of our play makers. That game favors the other team.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer