Laurent’s take on Peria Jerry

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://djrebel.wordpress.com/

August 21, 2008 by djrebel
Ted Laurent is a defensive tackle, not a trainer. However, the fact that he is recovering from the same surgery that senior tackle Peria Jerry, an All-SEC candidate, had earlier this week gives him some insight into what the recovery period is like.

“He says he feels way better than I did. He told me he can bend his leg and all that. My first week I couldn’t do that. I don’t know when he’ll be back, but it should be soon. We need him,” Laurent said.

Recovery time is different for different players, but if Jerry has good range of motion early in the rehab process that’s a good sign.

A few notes
August 21, 2008 by djrebel
It’s not clear how long Jonathan Cornell may be out after a strained calf in Wednesday’s practice. The injury is not believed to be serious.

Ted Laurent, who was starting nose tackle before he had arthroscopic knee surgery on July 28, says he feels good and considers himself to be about 85 percent of full speed. He’s back in pads and on the field and believes he can be close to full strength for the Aug. 30 opener against Memphis.

End Emmanuel Stephens, a junior college transfer, says being in school and going through spring drills has helped him get acquainted with SEC football. As the right side defensive end, he’s gone up against left tackle Michael Oher more than once this camp. “He’s won some, and I’ve won some,” Stephens says.

That’s probably not a bad ratio for a newcomer against a preseason All-American.

:x