u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

rebeljim wrote:Tn. -9 1/2 @ vandy
arkie -5 1/2 @ state
Ole Miss +21 @ LSU
No lines on App. St @ Fla. Troy @ USC and Ga. St. @ bama
First time I actually like taking Ole Miss and betting against State all season. Wish I still had someone that took bets.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

carl winslow wrote:
arkie -5 1/2 @ state
Ole Miss +21 @ LSU
First time I actually like taking Ole Miss and betting against State all season. Wish I still had someone that took bets.
I would normally agree, but I was at Neyland! LSU could easily beat us by 40+ points like UT did. They will make some big plays and either of their QB's can pick our secondary apart. Yes, we usually play them close... But I have little confidence in in this years team, and can not afford to loose any more money on them (Not a gambler, refering to the money I've "blown"this year as a UMAA donor and season ticket holder).
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

colreb74 wrote:
carl winslow wrote:
arkie -5 1/2 @ state
Ole Miss +21 @ LSU
I would normally agree, but I was at Neyland! LSU could easily beat us by 40+ points like UT did. They will make some big plays and either of their QB's can pick our secondary apart. Yes, we usually play them close... But I have little confidence in in this years team, and can not afford to loose any more money on them (Not a gambler, refering to the money I've "blown"this year as a UMAA donor and season ticket holder).
We will get beat by 14-17 and State will get beat by 21. IMO though... Next Sunday I may be pulling up this post and laughing at it.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

carl winslow wrote:
We will get beat by 14-17 and State will get beat by 21. IMO though... Next Sunday I may be pulling up this post and laughing at it.
I hope you're right! Would be great to keep it close and have a chance to go 3-0 in the "Magnolia bowl." And few things warm my heart more than the thought of State tanking after a great start. Would be a GREAT early Christmas present!
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

IF we beat LSU, I could ALMOST erase the rest of this season from my memory....... anyone else? :mrgreen:
done

GoneToOxford wrote:IF we beat LSU, I could ALMOST erase the rest of this season from my memory....... anyone else? :mrgreen:

uh..........hmmmm...........let me see....................NOPE!
Goroth

GoneToOxford wrote:IF we beat LSU, I could ALMOST erase the rest of this season from my memory....... anyone else? :mrgreen:
Jx state....no....

One of the worst Vandy teams in history.... Nope

Blown out by a terrible ugly orange team.... Nope

Potential loss to Ms State at home.... Nope

As much as I love to see LSU go down in flames. This year has forever burned a hole in my brain.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It won't erase anything but it will make that day a better day.
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

OM can only hang with LSU if OM's offense shows up. LSU may not have the best offense in the country but they dominated Bama's defense in the 2nd half. They have always been able to run the ball regardless of their lack of a passing game.

I think my pigs have a chance of beating MSU by 2 td's. They gave us a lot of trouble last season in Little Rock and they will certainly want to erase last weekends play against Bama. They have struggled against the top few teams in the west and they can't throw the ball.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

Goroth wrote:
Jx state....no....

One of the worst Vandy teams in history.... Nope

Blown out by a terrible ugly orange team.... Nope

Potential loss to Ms State at home.... Nope

As much as I love to see LSU go down in flames. This year has forever burned a hole in my brain.
Ditto! And I hate to bring this up, but after Saturday I feel like last season when as the game started I wondered who would show up? Good Snead, or bad Snead...?

Now the questions are who will show up: "Good Masoli or Bad Masoli?" and "Bad Defense, or Mediocre Defense?"
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I think we win this game.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:I think we win this game.
Not feeling it friend, I think we will be lucky to score 14.

This one will probably be over by half.
Randy
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rewalters wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:I think we win this game.
Not feeling it friend, I think we will be lucky to score 14.

This one will probably be over by half.
I'm not good at predicting the future, but here is an intersting statistic for you: Les Miles is 2-4 against Houston Nutt with his last win against him coming in 2006. Houston has won four in a row, twice as an underdog.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Like rewalters, I think this game will be over by half-time. We'll be lucky if LSU doesn't run us out of the stadium, then drag us back in and stomp on us some more. If a miracle should occur and we win this game, it would, in many ways, make me more frustrated than I already am. It shouldn't take you ten games to get the potential out of your team. I don't ever remember Nutt just flat out saying he thought this program could get to Atlanta. While I was glad to hear him say it, his timing is just a bit bizarre. I don't know about Nutt, or the team, but my "delicate mind psyche" is in a jelly-like state from watching this team.