boise state exposed

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

Hope they enjoy the humanitarian bowl!_
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Second place in the WAC doesn't get a BCS bid?
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

rebelliousb wrote:Second place in the WAC doesn't get a BCS bid?
I lol'd
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck8 wrote:boise state exposed_
that there Kicker chokes under pressure, I agree.

Bet he is having a bad day today.
Randy
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

I turned that game off in the 4th quarter and went to bed. Just saw it on GameDay. Can't believe I missed that!
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

I watched all but the last few minutes. We were driving back from a sports bar and I was refreshing my phone for updates. I have a question for anyone who saw the ending live:

At the end of regulation Nevada scored with 13 seconds left. After Boise returned the kickoff 22 yards to the 39 yd line, there was still 13 seconds left????? How did no time run off the clock while Boise returned the kickoff?
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

I just saw the highlights on ESPN. The amount of time shown on ESPN.com were off last night. I still question how only 4 seconds ran off on the kickoff return and how quickly the clock stopped after Boise caught the pass at the 9 yd line. I've seen a lot of those type plays, but the other 99 times, the clock expired! How many plays for a first down do you see where the clock is stopped the "second" the guys knee hits the ground? They were trying to protect the higher ranked team! I'm just glad karma had other plans!
done

rewalters wrote:

Not just that the kicker choked but that when they actually play a decent team and have to play defense late into the game that they are about as good as a top 25 team but not a top 10 team and certainly not bcs worthy.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck8 wrote:
rewalters wrote:

Not just that the kicker choked but that when they actually play a decent team and have to play defense late into the game that they are about as good as a top 25 team but not a top 10 team and certainly not bcs worthy.
True! But don't you think the ESPN love will still get them a BCS bowl game?
done

colreb74 wrote: True! But don't you think the ESPN love will still get them a BCS bowl game?
No because surely they will drop from top 12. In fact they really shouldn't even get the humanitarian because Nevada should get the tiebreaker for WAC #1.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck8 wrote:
rewalters wrote:

True dat!
Randy