Bring Back Colonel Reb

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

POPSREB
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I think we as Rebel Faithfuls should form a coalition to bring back Colonel Reb. This Black Bear thing is stupid. We shouldn't just sit back and let this happen. We shouldn't let the minority over rule the majority. These few minority are trying their best to replay the civil war and it's not going to happen. My suggestion to them will be what I was told about the Black Bear, " Get over it, move on and except it. Long Live Colonel Reb.
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

There are already various youtube videos of Alumni voicing opinions to stop giving donations to the UMAA. I don't know what else there is to do. As much as I hate the Black Bear, it isn't going to stop people from going to games or anything. Just wait until the bear makes the first appearance in the Grove or Vaught. The thing will be knocked out cold by a bottle of SoCo.
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

hope this works
worked so good I think I'll keep it down here
one of Flop's sons
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

Unfortunately, it seems about half the people here in Rebel Faithful think the change was necessary and/or better. I'm strongly in favor of your suggestion, but until Pete Boone and Dan Jones are fired/retired/or dead, Colonel Rebel will be a ghost at Ole Miss.

BTW, I've said I'd never buy an Ole Miss shirt with a bear on it, but that cartoon with Col Rebel & the bear would make a great T-shirt!
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

colreb74 wrote:Unfortunately, it seems about half the people here in Rebel Faithful think the change was necessary and/or better. I'm strongly in favor of your suggestion, but until Pete Boone and Dan Jones are fired/retired/or dead, Colonel Rebel will be a ghost at Ole Miss.

BTW, I've said I'd never buy an Ole Miss shirt with a bear on it, but that cartoon with Col Rebel & the bear would make a great T-shirt!
I'd buy that shirt for sure!
------------------

colreb74 wrote:Unfortunately, it seems about half the people here in Rebel Faithful think the change was necessary and/or better. I'm strongly in favor of your suggestion, but until Pete Boone and Dan Jones are fired/retired/or dead, Colonel Rebel will be a ghost at Ole Miss.

Most of us here have simply resigned ourselves to the fact that the Colonel is gone and are just ready to move on. And nothing is going to change that fact.