Malzahn to Vandy?????

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

------------------

Vandy's HC resigns...Malzahn has been mentioned as the early front-runner. Seems like a good stepping-stone move for Malzahn.
done

Sasquatch wrote:Vandy's HC resigns...Malzahn has been mentioned as the early front-runner. Seems like a good stepping-stone move for Malzahn.
Maybe....if he can take cam with him. Hey does mustain have any eligibility left? 8)
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

That's taking a leap. I wouldn't want to rebuild that program, given they are only two years removed from a bowl game. They could attract some players if the right guy got in the position. West End Nashville+Best education in the SEC could be mighty attractive.
sleber
Water Boy
Water Boy

GoneToOxford wrote:That's taking a leap. I wouldn't want to rebuild that program, given they are only two years removed from a bowl game. They could attract some players if the right guy got in the position. West End Nashville+Best education in the SEC could be mighty attractive.
Sexton has been known to do some coachy swapperoo.... Why not Mal to Oxford? Much better football opportunity in the long run.
It's rebels backwards!
done

sleber wrote:
GoneToOxford wrote:That's taking a leap. I wouldn't want to rebuild that program, given they are only two years removed from a bowl game. They could attract some players if the right guy got in the position. West End Nashville+Best education in the SEC could be mighty attractive.
Sexton has been known to do some coachy swapperoo.... Why not Mal to Oxford? Much better football opportunity in the long run.
Have we got $200k to buy him a qb?
sleber
Water Boy
Water Boy

Rebchuck18 wrote:
sleber wrote:
Have we got $200k to buy him a qb?
Well evidently we have enough to pay for the 12th highest paid college coach to go 4-8. If Nutt leaves who do want an think WILL come?
It's rebels backwards!
sleber
Water Boy
Water Boy

I think our options are kinda slim... Cam's pay for play aside... Someone still has to call the plays...
It's rebels backwards!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Vandy isn't a good stepping stone for anyone and I don't believe that Malzahn is anywhere near being SEC head coach material. He'd do well in the WAC or somewhere like that, but I think he'd crash and burn in the SEC, especially at Vandy.
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Sasquatch wrote:Vandy's HC resigns...Malzahn has been mentioned as the early front-runner. Seems like a good stepping-stone move for Malzahn.
Highly doubt he would go there. He probably will have better situations offered to him even if they are in a different conference. Vandy is a nearly impossible situation to be consistent with.