egg bowl

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

fenderman wrote:Now get the firenutt web site going and lets start looking for a winner HC
Already an "Mike Leach for Head Coach of Ole Miss" Fan page......
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GoneToOxford wrote:
fenderman wrote:Now get the firenutt web site going and lets start looking for a winner HC

If that happens, I'm out. That's plan stupid.
Some Random Dude
Chucky_38
All American
All American

My final thoughts on the the Egg Bowl: The best team won. Give them credit. They are good. And Mullen has a big mouth, but he backs it up. As for us, we have a lot of work to do.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Heath
All American
All American

Chucky_38 wrote:My final thoughts on the the Egg Bowl: The best team won. Give them credit. They are good. And Mullen has a big mouth, but he backs it up. As for us, we have a lot of work to do.
I have to agree with you. I think Mullen is a smarta**, but he did back it up when Ole Miss had nothing to lose and State had everything to lose. And OM should have been the team out for revenge. They were a better team and they came out and showed it.

But, I think we will be a better team next year and will return the favor. I'm hoping none of our Juniors leave (due to the NFL going through CBA and possible lock-out). Our O-line should be a heck of a lot better and the D overall too. So, let's just look forward to signing day, then Spring Training!!!
done

Not sold yet that Mullen is a great coach. They only beat one team with a winning record and I think his coaching in the 4th quarter actually kept us in the game last night. They abandoned their aggressive defense on our final scoring drive and opted for a soft one which allowed us to dink it down the field and get back into the game.

I do however think that the perception that he did a great job this year will eventually (maybe even this year) mean that he gets a legitimate head coaching job and gets his family rescued from Starkville.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:Not sold yet that Mullen is a great coach. They only beat one team with a winning record and I think his coaching in the 4th quarter actually kept us in the game last night. They abandoned their aggressive defense on our final scoring drive and opted for a soft one which allowed us to dink it down the field and get back into the game.

I do however think that the perception that he did a great job this year will eventually (maybe even this year) mean that he gets a legitimate head coaching job and gets his family rescued from Starkville.
I hope you're right. I want him gone. Whether or not he is a great coach, he promised to beat us last year. He did it. He promised to beat us this year and that his program was going to be better. He did and right now, it is.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

lewindha wrote:
GoneToOxford wrote:

If that happens, I'm out. That's plan stupid.
I'll support the UM coach (whoever he is) as long as he proves he can keep the boys motivated and beat MSU most of the time.