Auburn prediction

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

VARebelDad
Water Boy
Water Boy

Ole Miss - 24

Auburn - 17

We catch Auburn looking ahead to playing cross state rival UGA next week. Usually not a big rival game but has really heated up the last few years. The Tigers are still suffering from over confidence from the glow of their national championship team last year.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

VARebelDad wrote:We catch Auburn looking ahead to playing cross state rival UGA next week. Usually .
on the offensive side, no game is bigger to Malzahn than the game against Nutt. He also saves some extra plays just for us. I think we have a chance to win, but I doubt we hold Auburn to just 17.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Funeral for a stupid tree 32

Funeral for a football team 24
Hog_Corleone
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

My prediction...

Ole Miss: 31
Auburn: 17

HDN, I know you have had your issues with Razorback fans, and some/most/all of us have/had our issues with you. Apologies to board members here, but please have your team ready this weeK, play four quarters and go put a beat down on those Rabbit farmer sumbeaches like never seen. My disdain for all things Auburn knows no limits.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Malzahan's Read option - 42

Nix's history against read option teams - 17
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I think we win this one. This is the win that our current staff will hang their collective hats on. Sadly, I hope I'm wrong, for the temporary glee of beating the defending champs is not worth another year of Boone, Nutt and company.

Good Guys-24
Coach stealing Plainsmen, War Eagles, Tigers (whatever they are)-13
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

I think I'll have what you're having.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

StrongRebel wrote:Malzahan's Read option - 42

Nix's history against read option teams - 17
THIS^^^
I have no confidence in Nix against ANY option........nor this entire staff currently.
But, my prediction is a bit closer to a 24-14 loss.
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

i got a feeling we pull it out this week. we got Alot of potential on offense. and our defense played a good first half last week. i also think the coaches have learned Alot of hard lessons this year but are starting to figure out what we got to work with. this is the week we pull it all together and learn how to win a big time sec game. rebels 35 war tigers 31
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Well, I haven't been on this board in forever... but I wanted to login to weigh in on this game. Mainly because I transferred from Ole Miss to Auburn after last semester.

I've been to every Auburn home game this year, and this Auburn team is very very young, but have shown a lot of heart. This team is very talented and has a lot of room to grow. Michael Dyer might have a field day, and if Emory Blake is back, the WR's may have a big day as well. I think Auburn comes out with fire in their eyes after last week vs. LSU. Not going to make a score prediction, but I'd be very surprised if Ole Miss hangs in there for all four quarters.

Hoping for a good time this weekend with a bunch of Ole Miss buddies coming to Auburn. If anyone is making the trip, drive safe and War Eagle.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The loss of Emory Blake has had a huge impact on Auburn's offense. Not only his talent but his presence makes a difference to the offense and the inexperienced quarterbacks. He is still questionable for Saturday. But even if he is not playing I just don't think we will have it in us to win. I believe this even more than ever after reading the story in the Clarion Ledger today where Nutt said he saw no need to make any half time adjustments last week because they were winning. Could you maybe at least anticipate the adjustments sure to be made by a notorious second half team like Arkansas? :roll:
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

This is my first chance to see the Rebs this year live.. In going into auburn and I refuse to come out with a loss..

Hated mascot -24
To many mascots -14
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Auburn 49
Ole Miss 10

Nutt walks directly to Neal McCready holding up a number 1 sign in the post game press conf and says in a wise ass tone, "Ha Ha, Neal! You were wrong again! it wasn't no 49-7 like you predicted, was it? Cause we're better than that!"

Then Nutt chest bumps Tyrone Nix followed by a knuckle punch.
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I honestly haven't watched much Ole Miss football this year outside of the BYU game, but from the comments on the board, I can draw conclusions. As previously mentioned, I think Malzahn will run some plays that leave Tyron Nix scratching his head.
------------------

GoneToOxford wrote:I honestly haven't watched much Ole Miss football this year outside of the BYU game, but from the comments on the board, I can draw conclusions. As previously mentioned, I think Malzahn will run some plays that leave Tyron Nix scratching his head.
An Oxford Park Commission Pee-Wee football team could run some plays that would leave Tyron Nix scratching his head.