Bama vs Georgia - SEC Championship

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have seen no scenario where a win by either team benefits us... anyone else got something? Being a Bryant, I usually pull for Bama in situations like this, unless it benefits Ole Miss.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I'm looking at this game from the point of view of who I'd like to see play Notre Dame.

An Alabama/Notre Dame BCS championship game could result in a very low scoring defensive battle - a real slobber knocker. I'm fine with this except the game would be a lot closer and there would be more of a chance that the SEC doesn't win it's 7th championship in a row.

A Georgia/Notre Dame game could result in a blow out one way or the other. I think Notre Dame can score on Georgia's defense. It will come down to ND's very stingy defense against Georgia very potent offense. If ND's defense manhandles GA, then I see a 20+ point win by ND. If ND's defense is over-rated then I see a 2-touchdown plus win by GA.

My preference is a knock-it-in-the-dirt slugfest so I hope for Ala/ND game with Bama pulling out a squeaker.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I want Bama to win because I think they have the best shot against ND because of coaching. I also don't want Georgia to get any more momentum because I think we may be recruiting more in their area in the near and distant future.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I want Bama to win because I think they have the best shot against ND because of coaching. I also don't want Georgia to get any more momentum because I think we may be recruiting more in their area in the near and distant future.
Ditto.....
Randy
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

All valid points. However, in GA, I've noticed all the trees have a decidedly westward tilt. Durin the eleven years I spent in MS, I noticed that the trees tilted east. Leading to an unavoidable conclusion. ALABAMA SUCKS!!!!! Against the aforementioned logic I must say Go Ga Dogs!
Forward Rebels!