Any word on who we play?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebel PT2
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I was wondering if anyone has heard who we may be playing in Birmingham. I know PiTT won yesterday thus becoming bowl eligible, but I didn't know if the Compass Bowl was set to pick both of their teams before the Liberty or just the SEC component. Any insight would be appreciated. Hotty Toddy.
"I'm not an athlete. I'm a professional baseball player."
-John Kruk
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

If it's te Compass, it'll more than likly be either Pitt or bowling green. I think Pitt has been in the Compass for the past two years, so the Compass may prefer bowling green. Prolly won't know for sure until this evening.
Forward Rebels!
deltarebel26
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Syracuse in B-ham seems to be a pretty heavy favorite right now. I would be ok with that. Not a national powerhouse but a respectable team. They have one or two good wins this year, and there name carries a little weight. It would be better than an Ohio (no disrespect) or a smaller school who got into a lower level bowl. The smaller schools got their 6 wins and deserves a bowl game just as we do; i just think we had a tougher path to get there and played good football most of the year. I would like to see a bigger name matchup, personally. And Syracuse would give us that.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Much rather play Syracuse than Bowling Green....would much prefer to play a team from a BCS Conference
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

The bcs selection show starts at 730 so we will know then.
deltarebel26
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Syracuse accepted another bid. Looking like Pitt - they are hot and cold but played well in some games. Its no easy W
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

deltarebel26 wrote:Syracuse accepted another bid. Looking like Pitt - they are hot and cold but played well in some games. Its no easy W
That's the talk going round, Pitt.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:
deltarebel26 wrote:Syracuse accepted another bid. Looking like Pitt - they are hot and cold but played well in some games. Its no easy W
That's the talk going round, Pitt.
yes it is Pitt and Us in Compass bowl Birmingham... just in from CBS
Later,
Hagar
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Guess sec forced music city's hand....at least its not bowling green. So what color Kevlar should we wear to Birmingham? 8-)
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Heh. I did see there is a Shuttle icon on the Compass Bowl site. If that means what I think it means, I'll park my car elsewhere and take that shuttle to Legion Field.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Paul Jackson ‏@CoachPJackson
WARNING, WARNING @BBVACompassBowl Get ready...Rebel Nation is going to take over Birmingham!!! #ItsAMovement #HottyToddy
could only be an improvement...GO REBS :!:
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, wish they would go ahead and show the shuttle information so I can see about a hotel close by.

BTW, just saw a bus leaving out from Columbus at $60 a ticket if anyone is looking to travel that way.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
cajunrebel

RushB wrote:Yeah, wish they would go ahead and show the shuttle information so I can see about a hotel close by.

BTW, just saw a bus leaving out from Columbus at $60 a ticket if anyone is looking to travel that way.

Later,
RushB
Same bus idea is leaving Oxford that morning at 7am from Kroger with drinks and snacks included. I'll find the link tomorrow.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
cajunrebel

Here is the info for QB Club bus leaving Oxford.

The Ole Miss Quarterback Club is Birmingham bound! A bus will depart the Oxford Kroger parking lot at 7 a.m. and will return to Oxford immediately after the game. Beer, soft drinks and water will be provided. You must have your own football ticket. Cost of the round trip is $60 per seat. Reserve your seat by calling Sonny Potts at (662) 513-0634 or (662) 801-5050.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
hbsurvey23
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

cajunrebel wrote:Here is the info for QB Club bus leaving Oxford.

The Ole Miss Quarterback Club is Birmingham bound! A bus will depart the Oxford Kroger parking lot at 7 a.m. and will return to Oxford immediately after the game. Beer, soft drinks and water will be provided. You must have your own football ticket. Cost of the round trip is $60 per seat. Reserve your seat by calling Sonny Potts at (662) 513-0634 or (662) 801-5050.
Just got off the phone with Sonny. He said they have four buses full but he's taking down names for a possible fifth, so fingers are crossed.
Burrrrrrrr.... There's a cold front moving through Oxford.