B'ham hotels

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

Not familiar with B'ham but heard Downtown, Summitt area and 5 points are okay. Heard the Stadium in an iffy area. Also read shuttles are from those areas and some hotels, if you want to opt for that. Just out for a little guidance....thanks. HT!
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I suggest that you stay in Fultondale. There are a handful of nice reasonable priced hotels, it is a nice area and it is ten to fifteen minutes from the stadium. You'd have to ask the hotel about a shuttle. The stadium is in a terrible neighborhood, but they have a lot of parking and I've never really heard of anyone having anything happen to their car.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm planning on staying in Homewood, have stayed in that area before and no problems. Hoping the shuttle will be somewhere not too far away.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

I stay twice a year in the Homewood area for the past 3 years and have had no problems. The area in and around Fultondale, Gardendale just to the north of Legion Field just off I65 is a nice area. Guess 10-15minutes to the game. Decent food,
mall (It's not the River Chase) but a safe area. Think I am driving in and out.
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

Thanks, all....booked at Hampton Lakeshore Drive.....seems to be fine....hope so, anyway!
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
RebLG
Water Boy
Water Boy

I live north of Bham. Fultondale, Gardendale area is safe and very convenient. The traffic north of bham is much easier to negotiate than south of town. There is a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield Inn, Comfort Suites and La Quinta off of Walkers Chapel Exit on I-65 North in Fultondale. There is a Best Western off of Fieldstown Road in Gardendale just one mile north of Fultondale. Both exits are approximately 15 minutes from the downtown area. If possible stay away from the Bessemer area and basically anything west of town.
I know a few have responded that Homewood has been a good area to stay. In years past that would be true, but it is becoming rougher by the day. Lakeshore Drive in Homewood is good. As for the stadium, once you are in the parking area you should be as safe as any other venue in the SEC. Avoid parking outside of the official stadium. The guy you pay to watch the car may get more money FOR your car. :o Good luck and see ya there, or should I say here?
Reb LG
RebMom
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Thx so much for information. Just got off phone from booking our tix. Had to go thru BBVA Compass Bowl office since needed handicapped & Ole Miss never has a clue about that. :roll:

Appreciate the hotel info as booking something in the morning. If stay in Homewood area how far to downtown area for street festival/pep rally on Fri? Or is the Fultondale Gardendale? area closer to downtown area? Thx & Hotty Toddy...bowl office said they were having a great response from Ole Miss folks...should look like the Hotty Toddy Bowl when Rebelnation rolls into town!!!

p.s. taught all 3 folks I talked to how to hotty toddy before we hung up. :P
I'm a Marilyn...but it's not Monroe!
FORWARD REBELS --mj--
RebMom
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

RushB wrote:I'm planning on staying in Homewood, have stayed in that area before and no problems. Hoping the shuttle will be somewhere not too far away.

Later,
RushB
Let me know what hotel you book...and might do the same & hook up with ya'll while there!?
I'm a Marilyn...but it's not Monroe!
FORWARD REBELS --mj--
RebLG
Water Boy
Water Boy

Depending on which part, Homewood is closer. But neither area is far.
Reb LG
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebLG wrote:Depending on which part, Homewood is closer. But neither area is far.
I'm looking to book something in Homewood today. One of the guys I'm coming with was told by his brother-in-law about Homewood.
Some Random Dude