Laquon Treadwell

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebel_Fire
Water Boy
Water Boy

Is absolutely the athlete he was billed to be. Strong, a fighter, and will certainly help in the offensive scheme demanding double coverage at times. This guy is gonna be a beast with a year of the SEC under his belt.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Legit!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

IF the offensive line can block, Wallace has plenty of targets running around out there!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:IF the offensive line can block, Wallace has plenty of targets running around out there!
And he can hit them. Don't think we can overstate what Bo means to this team. He is tough and he is their leader. I do hope he doesn't get too conservative.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebelbear wrote:IF the offensive line can block, Wallace has plenty of targets running around out there!
And he can hit them. Don't think we can overstate what Bo means to this team. He is tough and he is their leader. I do hope he doesn't get too conservative.
Yep...Bo looked off to me last night. His whole throwing motion just seemed awkward. Hope it was just Game 1 jitters coupled with missing all of Spring practice. But considering he completed around 66% and no INT's, I'll take it!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sanders may not get his starting job back.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
cajunrebel

Treadwell is a stud. Feed him too. Often.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Treadwell is Moncrief 2.0...Robert is a huge talent and I am so proud we got him on our side...I was hoping to see Adeboyjo...Pruitt is the best Safety since Eric Oliver...our O line needs to find a way to Gel and our D line has got to be able to put more pressure on the QB. Jeff Scott shouldn't be dancing in the Backfield looking for holes, but he is a gamer and I loved his run to win the game...I want to see more RB by committee...we got em and unless they are RS'd lets use em. Bo had a good night but not a great one...I thought the pocket needed to move and when it did he had more time. Brunetti is a true gamer, got to hand him a cold beer for his tough support. Channing Ward is a special teams monster...AGAIN!

It was a win and one I am proud to see didn't turn into a pre season scrimmage that we have so often seen our season openers turn into.

Hugh Freeze might be the best thing to happen to Ole Miss since.... heck, Forever. I love his intensity. All in all, I was expecting a bigger win but since we didn't match up with them well I was just glad to get out with a win. I was proud of our comeback and the fact that we never Quit!...Vandy played to their potential and we didn't... we gotta get better Fast...my 9 win season has now been deflated to a hopeful 8. I don't want to sound like I have quit on this team but I found lots of things we need to change to be SEC competitive...Thank you boys for a great win and a good game...lets just stay healthy.
Later,
Hagar
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I would risk burning buchanans redshirt to move brunetti to RB which is where he belongs and where I think we need him. He could still take direct snap on goal line sets which is all we can use him at as a QB. As far as Bo, if that was a bad night then he is even better than I think he is. He is undoubtedly the leader of that offense and I think some folks will just never give him credit. If we lose him we are toast.
BIG CLINT
Water Boy
Water Boy

I thought Channing Ward killed that kid at first. He went down the field with something to prove. Hey, I'm excited about this new talent; they hit the field to play ball. Yes mistakes were made but Vandy and no slouch they were ready to play us. They just didn't factor in Treadwell.
Man what'd I miss, I had to *beep*. FIRST DOWN O..L..E MISS
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I would risk burning buchanans redshirt to move brunetti to RB which is where he belongs and where I think we need him. He could still take direct snap on goal line sets which is all we can use him at as a QB. As far as Bo, if that was a bad night then he is even better than I think he is. He is undoubtedly the leader of that offense and I think some folks will just never give him credit. If we lose him we are toast.
Ratliff is our 3rd string. Freeze wants to redshirt both freshmen QBs.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If Wallace went down they would burn Kincaid's redshirt.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Correct. Kincaid has been taking snaps with the first and second units all week.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm afraid of this height. He's only 6'1" from everything I've read. I know guys like Drew Brees are not that tall, but the best QBs have always been a little taller. I think back and am scared of some of our experimentation a few years back with a shorter QB.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

RushB wrote:I'm afraid of this height. He's only 6'1" from everything I've read. I know guys like Drew Brees are not that tall, but the best QBs have always been a little taller. I think back and am scared of some of our experimentation a few years back with a shorter QB.

Later,
RushB
While I agree with your thinking to some degree, I think you are forgetting the fact that ALL football players that come out of Texas have tons more Football Smarts than athletes from other states... it is the nature of the caliber of HS school football that is played in Texas... The better athletes are in Mississippi but if you can find a Great one in Texas he will usually be Head and shoulders above the caliber of player that Mississippi produces...Football IQ goes a long way..."Switchblade" Kincade is from one of (or quite possibly) THE Texas Premier HS team. He is easily considered one of the top 3 players in the state of Texas for his class. Young... yes... but don't think he is that far behind because of his size. And also he is as fast as Jeff Scott to boot.
Later,
Hagar