CHF....the BIG question...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mascott wrote:In the end no-one in charge gives a crap what any of y'all thinks. I too am glad bama lost and lost the way they did, but I'm sure no-one gives a crap what I think either. :P
scott
I give a crap what you think! Go to hell Bama!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Rebel4life22 wrote:How many wins does he need next year for you guys to be happy?

9-10 wins or I say fire him.

Thoughts?
Good God. Please shut up.
L. S. WHO?
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxpatchreb wrote:
Rebel4life22 wrote:How many wins does he need next year for you guys to be happy?

Thoughts?
How many wins do you think is reasonable yo expect, Oxpatch?
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

its hard to pick a number of wins that is right for almost any college football team. college football can be confusing. Ole Miss beats texas who beats Oklahoma who beats Oklahoma st who beats msu who well somehow miraculously beat us. or Ole Miss beats Lsu who beats auburn who beats Alabama who beats us. Line up, show your talent, play with a winning attitude and hope the ball bounces your way. We do have the ability to win 9 or 10 but its not guaranteed.
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

We are not far off player wise to having a unit that can be a 10 win team, question is, do we have the coaching staff to coach up players to make it reality.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

U people questioning Freeze is funny. The man has us winning faster than anyone thought possible. Then some get greedy and wonder why we ain't doing this or that. Maybe it's because we still don't have enough talent to compete day in and day out. We had some injuries in key spots, and didn't have the depth to replace them. Do any of u not know how pitiful our Oline is? How we don't have a big back to run over folks? The only way we get that is through recruiting. And that won't happen over night. When Evans, our TE went down, we had no one to take his place. Same with CJ on the Dline, we lost our only pure pass rusher. I now return u to your bash Freeze mentality.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

No disagreement as to the injuries, Freeze is a great recruiter. But being a great recruiter and a great coach are two different animals altogether. Great coaches are able to coach up players in the absence of better players that go down to injury. My point again, is this the staff that can take us to the next level. To many poor play calls on the offensive side of the ball, that is on CHF. Defensively, why do we only have one pass rusher on the D line? If we are that poor on talent, we may want to get coach O back to help in recruiting and some fire in the D line. Looks to me like we certainly need it. Coaching staff must do a much better job next year on both sides of the ball.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

I agree a lot can be put on the coaches shoulders, but it is impossible to tell how mostly 18 to 19 y/o's are going to respond from one week to another. I have worked this age group and I will tell you they wake up in a new world every day! And when you start to respond to that statement reread my first statement. Just give the man a chance. He has proven himself too many times.

Has anyone else noticed the defense seemed to be better when R. Khemdiche was out? also D. K. was almost not heard from this year.
scott
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:U people questioning Freeze is funny. The man has us winning faster than anyone thought possible. Then some get greedy and wonder why we ain't doing this or that. Maybe it's because we still don't have enough talent to compete day in and day out. We had some injuries in key spots, and didn't have the depth to replace them. Do any of u not know how pitiful our Oline is? How we don't have a big back to run over folks? The only way we get that is through recruiting. And that won't happen over night. When Evans, our TE went down, we had no one to take his place. Same with CJ on the Dline, we lost our only pure pass rusher. I now return u to your bash Freeze mentality.
Your right! He's only 4 wins behind Houston Nutt's first two years win total!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
rebeljim wrote:U people questioning Freeze is funny. The man has us winning faster than anyone thought possible. Then some get greedy and wonder why we ain't doing this or that. Maybe it's because we still don't have enough talent to compete day in and day out. We had some injuries in key spots, and didn't have the depth to replace them. Do any of u not know how pitiful our Oline is? How we don't have a big back to run over folks? The only way we get that is through recruiting. And that won't happen over night. When Evans, our TE went down, we had no one to take his place. Same with CJ on the Dline, we lost our only pure pass rusher. I now return u to your bash Freeze mentality.
Your right! He's only 4 wins behind Houston Nutt's first two years win total!
And Nutt inherited a team FULL of NFL talent. Freeze inherited a team full of non SEC players. Know u don't know anything but whinning, so I guess u can be excused for such an ignorant response.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Maybe you have never experienced football excellence at Ole Miss, and at the moment CHF is a diamond in the ruff. Question is can he coach at this level, the best league and conference in the nation. I'm not sold to that at this point, sure didn't Auburn coach long to get to NC, playing mostly soph and juniors. He makes twice that of CHF, same guy that wasn't interested in our coaching position. Where do the issues lie, CHF sold a dream during his interview, just hope for our programs sake it's not a nightmare. We have never gone after top quality coaches, just feel that until we do our program will not be relevant. Certainly hope CHF proves me wrong, recruiting is a huge benefit, but also must be able to coach them. Example RN
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

proud2breb wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:

Thoughts?
How many wins do you think is reasonable yo expect, Oxpatch?
Our schedule sucks balls. The teams we have the least chance to beat are at home (Bama and Aub) and all of our toss ups or tough games are on the road (Vandy, aTm, LSU, Ark) with 2 home games we SHOULD win in ULL and MSU.

So that being the case, assuming we add at least SOME depth in the off season, I think we win 7 or 8 games next year.
Depending on how those Losses occur, will make a huge difference in whether I think we improve from 2013 to 2014.

People who think we have to win 9 or 10 next year or fire Freeze are just complete imbeciles.
L. S. WHO?
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Agreed. But we should win 8-9, at least. If we do not, though, and only win 7, I still will not jump off the bandwagon. Why? Because we are a work in progress. Good progress. Which may make us expect more than we should.
However, I will readily admit that anything less than 8 wins will be a bit of a letdown.
I just think it would be crazy to give up on this phenomenal team we are putting together. Give it time. Time heals all wounds.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BobReb wrote:Agreed. But we should win 8-9, at least. If we do not, though, and only win 7, I still will not jump off the bandwagon. Why? Because we are a work in progress. Good progress. Which may make us expect more than we should.
However, I will readily admit that anything less than 8 wins will be a bit of a letdown.
I just think it would be crazy to give up on this phenomenal team we are putting together. Give it time. Time heals all wounds.

that's what needs to be remembered. especially during the recruiting process
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

bbqit wrote:
BobReb wrote:Agreed. But we should win 8-9, at least. If we do not, though, and only win 7, I still will not jump off the bandwagon. Why? Because we are a work in progress. Good progress. Which may make us expect more than we should.

that's what needs to be remembered. especially during the recruiting process
I am tiring of this thread...sigh!
Later,
Hagar