CHF....the BIG question...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Seriously? If Aubarn had not miraculously won 3 of their games, someone correct me if I'm wrong HAHAHAHA! and we would have won the 3 we could have won , would y'all be talking a different talk? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
scott
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

For most of the season, CHF continued to say.. " this is a journey...we are not there yet?'' UNTIL after the LSU game, when he said " We are ahead of schedule" . MY expectations as a fan for the rest of the year changed after that. Guess I was drinking too much KoolAide with my red and blue glasses on
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

and seems to me he kept telling people in a respectable way to his players that the expectations should be minimal at this point. but we won a few games at the beginning and then started losin to better teams and the questioning starts pouring in. some cant except that we are not alabama or lsu(thanks saban). will we ever get there? i dont know, but a coach in his second year at ole miss shouldnt catch this much crap especially considering what shape the team was in. let the frickin guy get players that fit his taste here and then judge him because i saw the best freshmen group ive ever seen playing this year.
on another note, i hope the ones that were screaming the auburn game was his test realize how much talent that team does have

**didnt finish my point.....idont think ahead of schedule equates to being at the end of the journey , but just another case of taking freeze out of context for arguments sake...geez :roll:
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:and seems to me he kept telling people in a respectable way to his players that the expectations should be minimal at this point. but we won a few games at the beginning and then started losin to better teams and the questioning starts pouring in. some cant except that we are not alabama or lsu(thanks saban). will we ever get there? i dont know, but a coach in his second year at ole miss shouldnt catch this much crap especially considering what shape the team was in. let the frickin guy get players that fit his taste here and then judge him because i saw the best freshmen group ive ever seen playing this year.
on another note, i hope the ones that were screaming the auburn game was his test realize how much talent that team does have

**didnt finish my point.....idont think ahead of schedule equates to being at the end of the journey , but just another case of taking freeze out of context for arguments sake...geez :roll:
Yes, Auburn is much better than we all thought. I still think we could've won that game. Doesn't mean I don't like Freeze. Doesn't mean I think he should be replaced. Doesn't mean I don't think he deserved a raise. But, I do think there was some questionable playcalling in a handful of games. I don't know why it's blasphemy to say so. Maybe I didn't give enough money to have an opinion.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We outgained Auburn's "amazing offense" by 100 yards but Malzahn did not put his backup QB in in the red zone or call cute plays that killed his offense's momentum. Coaching won that game for Auburn. I also think coaching won the Texas, LSU and Vandy games for us. Not agreeing with a $1 million raise has nothing to do with not believing in Freeze. It has everything to do with believing that such raises should be based upon results, not potential. We already paid for potential when we made an inexperienced Sunbelt Coach a millionaire. I am however glad they at least got rid of the $100k bonus per SEC win. We could win 11 games next year and this raise at this time would still make no sense.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

for the record, u labeled auburns offense amazing ....coaching may have very well won that game, but its merely an opinion. we could argue points till we're blue in the face about why the game was lost, but its still OPINION. i can tell u that they run similar offenses and freeze tries to put us in positions to win with lesser talent but gus has more options. it doesnt really matter at this point , just give the guy time to put his own liking out there and we'll see where we stand. already been pointed out but freeze is now middle of the pack pay wise and people are freaking out. i receive raises each year whether ive done something to deserve it or not. its staying on par with the rest of the field.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

WildRebel wrote:i receive raises each year whether ive done something to deserve it or not. its staying on par with the rest of the field.

lucky for you....not all of us are in that category!!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:for the record, u labeled auburns offense amazing ....coaching may have very well won that game, but its merely an opinion. we could argue points till we're blue in the face about why the game was lost, but its still OPINION. i can tell u that they run similar offenses and freeze tries to put us in positions to win with lesser talent but gus has more options. it doesnt really matter at this point , just give the guy time to put his own liking out there and we'll see where we stand. already been pointed out but freeze is now middle of the pack pay wise and people are freaking out. i receive raises each year whether ive done something to deserve it or not. its staying on par with the rest of the field.
Has that raise ever been 50% and/or a million dollars?
Some Random Dude
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Hell, I want a job with Wildrebel if you can get a raise even if you don't deserve it. Now as for sports, the next two years will seal the deal for CHF either way good or bad. No crying about injuries, that raise just put a weight on his shoulders to produce, plain and simple. Some questions for thought, will we lose any players to the NFL ( CP, DM ) if so, how does that affect our team for next year?
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

TLM 1961 wrote:Hell, I want a job with Wildrebel if you can get a raise even if you don't deserve it. Now as for sports, the next two years will seal the deal for CHF either way good or bad. No crying about injuries, that raise just put a weight on his shoulders to produce, plain and simple. Some questions for thought, will we lose any players to the NFL ( CP, DM ) if so, how does that affect our team for next year?
Yeah, some folks on Rivals were asking about Cody, but I don't think he's going anywhere. Moncrief is most likely gone. The loss of him and Logan will hurt, but I think we are stacked in the WR dept., especially if we hold on to Pack and Epps.
Some Random Dude
GtownRebel
All American
All American

He will have a pro evaluation like Moncrief after the season to determine if he should jump now or wait until next season.
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

GtownRebel wrote:He will have a pro evaluation like Moncrief after the season to determine if he should jump now or wait until next season.
I just hope they both stay away, from those who "advised" Rufus & Jevan, respectively. ;)
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

3rdR8Bromance wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:He will have a pro evaluation like Moncrief after the season to determine if he should jump now or wait until next season.
I just hope they both stay away, from those who "advised" Rufus & Jevan, respectively. ;)
Jevan left because of nutt.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Several left because of Nutt.