CHF....the BIG question...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
proud2breb wrote:
rebeljim wrote:U people questioning Freeze is funny. The man has us winning faster than anyone thought possible. Then some get greedy and wonder why we ain't doing this or that. Maybe it's because we still don't have enough talent to compete day in and day out. We had some injuries in key spots, and didn't have the depth to replace them. Do any of u not know how pitiful our Oline is? How we don't have a big back to run over folks? The only way we get that is through recruiting. And that won't happen over night. When Evans, our TE went down, we had no one to take his place. Same with CJ on the Dline, we lost our only pure pass rusher. I now return u to your bash Freeze mentality.
Your right! He's only 4 wins behind Houston Nutt's first two years win total!
And Nutt inherited a team FULL of NFL talent. Freeze inherited a team full of non SEC players. Know u don't know anything but whinning, so I guess u can be excused for such an ignorant response.

Maybe, but they sure didn't look like "NFL talent" under Coach O. Nor did Auburn's players look like National Championship contenders under Chizich, and it's true that 3 years ago we didn't look like bowl contenders under a declining Nutt. I don't know what the magic formula is, but there is a difference in whining and stating facts. Maybe Freeze is the anointed one, but we haven't been given enough to crown him that yet IMO. I want him to succeed, just like I wanted "O" and Nutt to succeed.

I do know a good coach develops NFL talent. Great athletes have to have a lot of things go there way to get recognized. Some people are simply gifted, but if the coach uses that gift, they rack up stats and get drafted earlier. Maybe Nutt had more talent his first 2 years. Maybe Nutt should have won 10, 11, or 12 games per season with those guys! All I know is we could have easily won 3 more games this year with a better coach. That's not a slam on Freeze, that's a fact! We were that close with the talent on our roster. My only point is that Nutt accomplished more in his first two years than what your praising Freeze for. Everyone said Nutt had us "winning faster than anyone thought possible". Great coach, or beginners luck? In hindsight we can say Nutt was lucky! I'm not gonna jump the gun on anointing Freeze! That said, he has my support as long as he's our coach... Or until we drop two consecutive to the MSUx Bulldogs!

Hotty Toddy!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Freeze is doing just fine. We fans need to keep from screwing up his recruiting so he can improve the talent and depth. I don't understand all the comparisons when the situations are totally different. The only time we need to compare our team to another is the week we play them. Focus on what you are doing to help the program. Its fine if you don't have money to give. Matter a fact just not doing the things that makes Freeze's job harder is a benefit to the program. This is a time to stick together and let that egg loss go. We will have it back next year. Don't worry about it. If we would have had injuries last year like this year we would have never gotten to Birmingham. I know some say we beat Lsu with a lot of injuries so that shouldn't matter. Folks it does and if you want to give Freeze a hard time about bad coaching you can dang well give him credit for good coaching as what happened in that Lsu game. There is a time and place for everything and where this may be the place for talking about nixing Freeze it sure ain't the time.
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Don't get me wrong CHF has my full support, but that should not mean that I cannot question his ability. As comparisons go, how do you measure a coaches ability without using another coach as a measuring stick. As of this morning 247 sports has us with the #14 recruiting class, sounds great, problem is we are #8 in the SEC. Not sure what we have available scholarship wise, but we do have 24 commits, 4 four star and 20 three star. Looking at the SEC recruiting as a whole there programs below us in the rankings at the moment, but some have fewer commits and could easily pass us. My point is simple, for our program to move forward, it would seem to me that a top five recruiting class in the SEC is a must at least every other year. This post is not to bash CHF, but for fans to raise the question as what we consider successful. Seven win seasons get us to a bowl, but as for me, I want to contend for the western conference championship and play in Atlanta.

s
ec
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Coaches will tell you that there are many 3* players that will outperform 5*s.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

coach is recruiting needs. sometimes that means you don't recruit certain 5* cause he doesn't play a position we need depth. hang in there and all will be fine. our coach is as hard a working man as you will find and do remember he had a learning curve too. I feel sure that in his 5th year we will be happy. its been a long time since I felt this good and the last time was billy brewer. yes his didn't end well but he was a fun coach and that is one thing I know about freeze. He is a fun coach. Ole Miss football, win or lose, is exciting again.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:coach is recruiting needs
I've seen State folks post stuff like this and Ole Miss people laugh at them.
Some Random Dude
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
bbqit wrote:coach is recruiting needs
I've seen State folks post stuff like this and Ole Miss people laugh at them.

that is probably the meanest thing you could say to me
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Just saying, there's definitely not as much 'buzz' around our recruiting this year as last(which is understandable). It just seems we are missing on ALL the big fish unlike last year.
Some Random Dude
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think that if I left the fishing hole with Roderick Taylor, Kendarius Webster and Markell pack in my creel I would not be lamenting “the one that got away”. Not to mention the fact that that other big fish—Hampton—is still on the line and we haven’t lost him yet. That’s a fine haul if you ask me and you add to those some nice eating size fish and I don’t think mama would feel the need to go to the grocery store looking for something to eat.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:I think that if I left the fishing hole with Roderick Taylor, Kendarius Webster and Markell pack in my creel I would not be lamenting “the one that got away”. Not to mention the fact that that other big fish—Hampton—is still on the line and we haven’t lost him yet. That’s a fine haul if you ask me and you add to those some nice eating size fish and I don’t think mama would feel the need to go to the grocery store looking for something to eat.
I agree, we have a good class. We just haven't picked up that one(or two guys) that makes everyone take notice like Treadwell, RN, and Tunsil last year. I omit Connor b/c him being from SP it wasn't a huge shocker that we got him.
Some Random Dude
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

oxpatchreb wrote:
Rebel4life22 wrote:How many wins does he need next year for you guys to be happy?

9-10 wins or I say fire him.

Thoughts?
Good God. Please shut up.
So if i'm a imbecile then that makes you a loser...

Being satisfied with 6-7 win seasons is pathetic and screams mediocrity.

You know it took ole Gus Malzahn 10 YEARS to build a winner let me tell ya...

So you shut up and get a clue.
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

TLM 1961 wrote:Don't get me wrong CHF has my full support, but that should not mean that I cannot question his ability. As comparisons go, how do you measure a coaches ability without using another coach as a measuring stick. As of this morning 247 sports has us with the #14 recruiting class, sounds great, problem is we are #8 in the SEC. Not sure what we have available scholarship wise, but we do have 24 commits, 4 four star and 20 three star. Looking at the SEC recruiting as a whole there programs below us in the rankings at the moment, but some have fewer commits and could easily pass us. My point is simple, for our program to move forward, it would seem to me that a top five recruiting class in the SEC is a must at least every other year. This post is not to bash CHF, but for fans to raise the question as what we consider successful. Seven win seasons get us to a bowl, but as for me, I want to contend for the western conference championship and play in Atlanta.

s
ec
One of the only people on this board that get it...

Ole Miss fans are thrilled about Compass and Music City Bowls where other SEC schools are in the spotlight...

Great post.
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Look, I was as disappointed as anyone, w/ the way that this season transpired. But having said that, if anyone thinks Ole Miss recruiting overall has been on par w/ AU & LSU, for the past 5 years, you apparently aren't dwelling in the same reality that I inhabit. Insisting on dominating/winning the SEC, w/ the developing talent and existing players we have (exacerbated by significant injuries, @ key positions), is like me demanding that my 2008 Mazda perform like a brand new Maserati. No single 'thing' defined the losses – coaching decisions were indeed questionable, @ times, catchable balls were dropped, bad reads/throws were made, OL struggled, @ times (even to remember the snap count :? ), and tackles were indeed missed. On some level, the Head Coach is certainly culpable, for the on-the-field 'product,' good or bad, but I'd still rather have a 7-5 team, on the rise (which stands to be proven out, I readily admit), than to win 9 games this year, and then collapse. I cannot give emphatic proof, that next year will be better, any more than the 'doom-and-gloomers' can offer finality, for their apocalyptic visions, or predictions of uninterrupted mediocrity, @ best. I am willing to give the staff the benefit of the doubt, @ this point, as well as accept that others' opinions may differ, rather than expect that everyone should simply adopt my own position. Play in the MC Bowl, close strong in recruiting, and we're 'back on schedule,' as far as I'm concerned (which is not the same, as extending an 'infinite leash,' to CHF & Co. ;) ).
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

3rdR8Bromance wrote:Look, I was as disappointed as anyone, w/ the way that this season transpired. But having said that, if anyone thinks Ole Miss recruiting overall has been on par w/ AU & LSU, for the past 5 years, you apparently aren't dwelling in the same reality that I inhabit. Insisting on dominating/winning the SEC, w/ the developing talent and existing players we have (exacerbated by significant injuries, @ key positions), is like me demanding that my 2008 Mazda perform like a brand new Maserati. No single 'thing' defined the losses – coaching decisions were indeed questionable, @ times, catchable balls were dropped, bad reads/throws were made, OL struggled, @ times (even to remember the snap count :? ), and tackles were indeed missed. On some level, the Head Coach is certainly culpable, for the on-the-field 'product,' good or bad, but I'd still rather have a 7-5 team, on the rise (which stands to be proven out, I readily admit), than to win 9 games this year, and then collapse. I cannot give emphatic proof, that next year will be better, any more than the 'doom-and-gloomers' can offer finality, for their apocalyptic visions, or predictions of uninterrupted mediocrity, @ best. I am willing to give the staff the benefit of the doubt, @ this point, as well as accept that others' opinions may differ, rather than expect that everyone should simply adopt my own position. Play in the MC Bowl, close strong in recruiting, and we're 'back on schedule,' as far as I'm concerned (which is not the same, as extending an 'infinite leash,' to CHF & Co. ;) ).
Agreed. I have in no way jumped off the CHF bandwagon so quickly. I still think he can get this done.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Rebel4life22 wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:
Rebel4life22 wrote:How many wins does he need next year for you guys to be happy?

9-10 wins or I say fire him.

Thoughts?
Good God. Please shut up.
So if i'm a imbecile then that makes you a loser...

Being satisfied with 6-7 win seasons is pathetic and screams mediocrity.

You know it took ole Gus Malzahn 10 YEARS to build a winner let me tell ya...

So you shut up and get a clue.

1) Please link to a post in my history where I said I was happy with 6-7 wins per season. Ever.

2) The fact that you think Malzhan at Aub is comparable to Freeze at Ole Miss is proof positive that you are a moron of gargantuan proportions. If you wouldn't mind, can you be a dear and stop sucking up all the oxygen? People with functioning brains and productive genes need all we can get.
L. S. WHO?