CHF....the BIG question...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:This thread is stupid.
I agree with u, seems the stupidity is coming out of some.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

rebeljim wrote:
rebelbear wrote:This thread is stupid.
I agree with u, seems the stupidity is coming out of some.
Amen. Fair weather flyers.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

calling people names because they have a different opinion from yours is never a good thing.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:calling people names because they have a different opinion from yours is never a good thing.
That's very true, but with some on here u have to make an exception. Seems they live to bash everything Ole Miss.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebel4life22 wrote:Some of you are laughable...no offense.

You mean to tell me we should all CROWN CHF for taking us to Compass and Liberty Bowls?

Pathetic.

Coaches get fired all the time for 6 and 7 win seasons. We aren't here to go to Compass Bowls and get beat by Miss. State...

Again, if I'm the AD at Ole Miss I tell Freeze to either win 9/10 games next year or you're gone...

MEDIOCRITY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI.
A bowl game is a bowl game... it is worth the same thing to us as any other bowl actually... besides it is the Music City bowl we are going to not the Liberty... it is worth far more than money actually... it is worth exactly 15 extra practices...@ 2 years ago we couldn't even sniff a bowl... right now we are on a small crest of 2 lower tier bowls...I am thankful we got one... next year will be a whole different story... lets see how this off season progresses before I get my hopes up... right now I got Freeze and I support him...so far he hasn't really been offensive and has done some good stuff that we need to happen to get us back on the road to where we need to be... Win the Day if possible... if not work toward the goal of doing the little things as right as possible. The sun did come up this morning and we are all still here... lets just be thankful.
Later,
Hagar
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Bottom line a disappointing season for the Rebels of lost opportunity to step up to the next stage and build momentum into the promise of 2014. From the inability to close against Auburn and A&M to last night's loss to a program that hadn't beaten a winning team from a major conference in three years. I think we need to make changes in the play calling process and content, get Bo and the offense a big back to complete the total dynamic of this offense (we could have used Barry as that this year IMO), try and complete this recruiting class in spite of the season ending collapse. The upside is still there. In spite of his worst game ever last night, Bo will be the top returning QB in the league. He will still have amazing weapons. And the beginning of the schedule sets us up to possibly be 4-0 when Bama, breaking in a new QB, comes to Oxford in October. But we have really killed our momentum. And play calling must improve. For now we need to pull for Bama to win so we can have two BCS teams from the SEC and hope that the bowl dominos fall in a way that gets us Nashville instead of one of the ghetto bowls in Memphis or Birmingham. And we must win that bowl game. Hotty Toddy!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Bottom line a disappointing season for the Rebels of lost opportunity to step up to the next stage and build momentum into the promise of 2014. From the inability to close against Auburn and A&M to last night's loss to a program that hadn't beaten a winning team from a major conference in three years. I think we need to make changes in the play calling process and content, get Bo and the offense a big back to complete the total dynamic of this offense (we could have used Barry as that this year IMO), try and complete this recruiting class in spite of the season ending collapse. The upside is still there. In spite of his worst game ever last night, Bo will be the top returning QB in the league. He will still have amazing weapons. And the beginning of the schedule sets us up to possibly be 4-0 when Bama, breaking in a new QB, comes to Oxford in October. But we have really killed our momentum. And play calling must improve. For now we need to pull for Bama to win so we can have two BCS teams from the SEC and hope that the bowl dominos fall in a way that gets us Nashville instead of one of the ghetto bowls in Memphis or Birmingham. And we must win that bowl game. Hotty Toddy!
Beginning to question if Bo is the answer. I'm sure Freeze will open it up this spring. If Bo wins, I hope he improves, he has a lot of room for that.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

You mean to tell me we should all CROWN CHF for taking us to Compass and Liberty Bowls?

Pathetic.

Coaches get fired all the time for 6 and 7 win seasons. We aren't here to go to Compass Bowls and get beat by Miss. State...

Again, if I'm the AD at Ole Miss I tell Freeze to either win 9/10 games next year or you're gone...

When has it ever been the policy of our school to fire a coach that doesn't win 9-10 games a year? We haven't won that consistently since Johnny vaught ! You obviously forgot about how bad our teams were under nuttsack . You also forget that we already improved over last years total.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Bottom line a disappointing season for the Rebels of lost opportunity to step up to the next stage and build momentum into the promise of 2014. From the inability to close against Auburn and A&M to last night's loss to a program that hadn't beaten a winning team from a major conference in three years. I think we need to make changes in the play calling process and content, get Bo and the offense a big back to complete the total dynamic of this offense (we could have used Barry as that this year IMO), try and complete this recruiting class in spite of the season ending collapse. The upside is still there. In spite of his worst game ever last night, Bo will be the top returning QB in the league. He will still have amazing weapons. And the beginning of the schedule sets us up to possibly be 4-0 when Bama, breaking in a new QB, comes to Oxford in October. But we have really killed our momentum. And play calling must improve. For now we need to pull for Bama to win so we can have two BCS teams from the SEC and hope that the bowl dominos fall in a way that gets us Nashville instead of one of the ghetto bowls in Memphis or Birmingham. And we must win that bowl game. Hotty Toddy!
Beginning to question if Bo is the answer. I'm sure Freeze will open it up this spring. If Bo wins, I hope he improves, he has a lot of room for that.
This is what kills me. Bo has played tons better this year than last. Yes, he had probably his worst game last night in the two years he's been here. At the same time, Freeze jerks him in and out of games and makes some questionable play calls(especially in the red zone). But it's Wallace that isn't the answer, not the one coaching him.

Everybody can talk about how bad Bo is, but you're a bad fan, a fairweather fan, a negative nellie, and whatever else you guys wanna come up with if you even hint that Freeze could be at fault for some of this.

I'm not insinuating that Freeze needs to be replaced. But you guys all talk about how we're rebuilding, or how Kennedy hasn't been given what he needs to succeed. I'm beginning to think Bo isn't being given everything he needs to be successful. Like putting Brunetti in last night, running it up the middle twice(when it CLEARLY was NOT working), and then run Bo back out on 3rd and 9 to convert. How is that being put in a position to succeed? And it's happened all year.

It's hilarious that you guys are talking about how Freeze needs hire a new OC or give up playcalling duties. Take this to the bank. If you want someone else calling the plays, hire a new HC. Freeze ain't giving that up.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:

Pathetic.

When has it ever been the policy of our school to fire a coach that doesn't win 9-10 games a year? We haven't won that consistently since Johnny vaught ! You obviously forgot about how bad our teams were under nuttsack . You also forget that we already improved over last years total.
I'm beginning to think you are Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I absolutely think Bo is the answer. If we go another direction we are crazy. And for this offense to work in the future we need QBs that look a lot more like Bo than Barry. Because without a Pass first QB SEC defenses will shut us down and we will be underutilizing the strongest weapons on our team, the wideouts. When Barry comes in and we are running horizontal options, we remove most of those receivers as a threat. Like it or not, without Bo we likely are a 4 or 5 win team at best. The biggest question is not whether Bo is the answer. The biggest question (if we have the guts to admit it) is whether Freeze is the answer. You ask me early in the year, even after Bama game, I was 80% sure he was. Right now, I think the jury is out and asking for compelling evidence to offset some damaging evidence.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
This is what kills me. Bo has played tons better this year than last. Yes, he had probably his worst game last night in the two years he's been here. At the same time, Freeze jerks him in and out of games and makes some questionable play calls(especially in the red zone). But it's Wallace that isn't the answer, not the one coaching him.

Everybody can talk about how bad Bo is, but you're a bad fan, a fairweather fan, a negative nellie, and whatever else you guys wanna come up with if you even hint that Freeze could be at fault for some of this.

I'm not insinuating that Freeze needs to be replaced. But you guys all talk about how we're rebuilding, or how Kennedy hasn't been given what he needs to succeed. I'm beginning to think Bo isn't being given everything he needs to be successful. Like putting Brunetti in last night, running it up the middle twice(when it CLEARLY was NOT working), and then run Bo back out on 3rd and 9 to convert. How is that being put in a position to succeed? And it's happened all year.

It's hilarious that you guys are talking about how Freeze needs hire a new OC or give up playcalling duties. Take this to the bank. If you want someone else calling the plays, hire a new HC. Freeze ain't giving that up.
I'm not just blaming Bo, Freeze has as much blame on him as anybody. Also agree that Freeze won't let go of the play calling. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us and him. I think we need new OC and DC though. Never liked the Wommack hire, just don't think he's very good. Having us in a 3 man front on 4th downs says it all. Against Mo. and state we use that crap, only to watch the other team march right done the field. Freeze also is a victim of his success last year. Maybe had us predicting bigger than we should. We have no SEC olinemen except Tunsil, and he may be out for the bowl game from what I've seen. We have no big back. Our dline is too small. Other than his play calling, I have no beef with Freeze, but that is one thing he needs to shore up. Throw the ball DOWN the field, stop with the east-west passing. If u bring out big Robert to play RB, fake it to him sometimes, and have Brunetti roll out with a pass/run option. These are just a couple of things that should've been done offensively.
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

I WILL NOT pull for bama.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

AtlantaRebels wrote:I WILL NOT pull for bama.
ROLL TIDE is all I can say about that. I want the SEC to win the NC again, so, one more time, ROLL TIDE. 8-)
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Just to be clear on some things I posted earlier, I am not saying Freeze is without fault in this game and others this year. I definitely think he's made mistakes. Some bonehead ones at that. A lot of players have had bad plays and decisions this year also. But my response was mainly at ones saying to fire him if he don't win 9 or 10 next year. I agree we should be close to that but he should at least get four years of recruiting in and then see where we are. If we are losing games we should win at that point, then I'll be the first in line for a change.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!