CHF....the BIG question...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Never liked the Wommack hire
I was told to shut up and drink the kool-aid when I questioned this hire.

That being said, I don't think the defense has been bad. There has been some missed tackles and some issues, but on the whole I think the D has been good. Definitely could be better, but the offense, or lack thereof is the troubling part.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I absolutely think Bo is the answer. If we go another direction we are crazy. And for this offense to work in the future we need QBs that look a lot more like Bo than Barry. Because without a Pass first QB SEC defenses will shut us down and we will be underutilizing the strongest weapons on our team, the wideouts. When Barry comes in and we are running horizontal options, we remove most of those receivers as a threat. Like it or not, without Bo we likely are a 4 or 5 win team at best. The biggest question is not whether Bo is the answer. The biggest question (if we have the guts to admit it) is whether Freeze is the answer. You ask me early in the year, even after Bama game, I was 80% sure he was. Right now, I think the jury is out and asking for compelling evidence to offset some damaging evidence.
I'm definitely not opposed to Freeze opening it up and allowing Kincade and Buchanan a shot. If they are better, then so be it. Don't know what that does to the team dynamic by benching a two-year starter, but we *beep* about Cutcliffe sticking with upperclassmen when we had better younger players(Patrick Willis).
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:

That being said, I don't think the defense has been bad. There has been some missed tackles and some issues, but on the whole I think the D has been good. Definitely could be better, but the offense, or lack thereof is the troubling part.
I just don't like Wommack, think he's wrong for the job. But I agree with what u say. But I still think we need a new OC and DC.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I absolutely think Bo is the answer. If we go another direction we are crazy. And for this offense to work in the future we need QBs that look a lot more like Bo than Barry. Because without a Pass first QB SEC defenses will shut us down and we will be underutilizing the strongest weapons on our team, the wideouts. When Barry comes in and we are running horizontal options, we remove most of those receivers as a threat. Like it or not, without Bo we likely are a 4 or 5 win team at best. The biggest question is not whether Bo is the answer. The biggest question (if we have the guts to admit it) is whether Freeze is the answer. You ask me early in the year, even after Bama game, I was 80% sure he was. Right now, I think the jury is out and asking for compelling evidence to offset some damaging evidence.
I'm definitely not opposed to Freeze opening it up and allowing Kincade and Buchanan a shot. If they are better, then so be it. Don't know what that does to the team dynamic by benching a two-year starter, but we *beep* about Cutcliffe sticking with upperclassmen when we had better younger players(Patrick Willis).
Don't forget Eli. It killed me for him being on the bench when I thought he could do better than Ro at times.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebel4life22 wrote:Some of you are laughable...no offense.

You mean to tell me we should all CROWN CHF for taking us to Compass and Liberty Bowls?

Pathetic.

Coaches get fired all the time for 6 and 7 win seasons. We aren't here to go to Compass Bowls and get beat by Miss. State...

Again, if I'm the AD at Ole Miss I tell Freeze to either win 9/10 games next year or you're gone...

MEDIOCRITY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI.
Thank you!!!!! I though I was here alone amongst losers for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:

I just don't like Wommack, think he's wrong for the job. But I agree with what u say. But I still think we need a new OC and DC.
Some Random Dude
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
Ditto....
Randy
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Bottom line a disappointing season for the Rebels of lost opportunity to step up to the next stage and build momentum into the promise of 2014. From the inability to close against Auburn and A&M to last night's loss to a program that hadn't beaten a winning team from a major conference in three years. I think we need to make changes in the play calling process and content, get Bo and the offense a big back to complete the total dynamic of this offense (we could have used Barry as that this year IMO), try and complete this recruiting class in spite of the season ending collapse. The upside is still there. In spite of his worst game ever last night, Bo will be the top returning QB in the league. He will still have amazing weapons. And the beginning of the schedule sets us up to possibly be 4-0 when Bama, breaking in a new QB, comes to Oxford in October. But we have really killed our momentum. And play calling must improve. For now we need to pull for Bama to win so we can have two BCS teams from the SEC and hope that the bowl dominos fall in a way that gets us Nashville instead of one of the ghetto bowls in Memphis or Birmingham. And we must win that bowl game. Hotty Toddy!
Pardon me, but F--k Bama! I'm not pulling for those arrogant a$$holes to win another freaking game. We deserve the toilet bowl, so Freeze can be content with one of the Ghetto bowls. It the administration doesn't like going to the ghetto bowls, then demand change.

Last edited by proud2breb on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:
Rebel4life22 wrote:Some of you are laughable...no offense.

You mean to tell me we should all CROWN CHF for taking us to Compass and Liberty Bowls?

Pathetic.

Coaches get fired all the time for 6 and 7 win seasons. We aren't here to go to Compass Bowls and get beat by Miss. State...

Again, if I'm the AD at Ole Miss I tell Freeze to either win 9/10 games next year or you're gone...

MEDIOCRITY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI.
When has it ever been the policy of our school to fire a coach that doesn't win 9-10 games a year? We haven't won that consistently since Johnny vaught ! You obviously forgot about how bad our teams were under nuttsack . You also forget that we already improved over last years total.
And Nuttsack still had multiple 9 win seasons!

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Bottom line a disappointing season for the Rebels of lost opportunity to step up to the next stage and build momentum into the promise of 2014. From the inability to close against Auburn and A&M to last night's loss to a program that hadn't beaten a winning team from a major conference in three years. I think we need to make changes in the play calling process and content, get Bo and the offense a big back to complete the total dynamic of this offense (we could have used Barry as that this year IMO), try and complete this recruiting class in spite of the season ending collapse. The upside is still there. In spite of his worst game ever last night, Bo will be the top returning QB in the league. He will still have amazing weapons. And the beginning of the schedule sets us up to possibly be 4-0 when Bama, breaking in a new QB, comes to Oxford in October. But we have really killed our momentum. And play calling must improve. For now we need to pull for Bama to win so we can have two BCS teams from the SEC and hope that the bowl dominos fall in a way that gets us Nashville instead of one of the ghetto bowls in Memphis or Birmingham. And we must win that bowl game. Hotty Toddy!
Beginning to question if Bo is the answer. I'm sure Freeze will open it up this spring. If Bo wins, I hope he improves, he has a lot of room for that.
This is what kills me. Bo has played tons better this year than last. Yes, he had probably his worst game last night in the two years he's been here. At the same time, Freeze jerks him in and out of games and makes some questionable play calls(especially in the red zone). But it's Wallace that isn't the answer, not the one coaching him.

Everybody can talk about how bad Bo is, but you're a bad fan, a fairweather fan, a negative nellie, and whatever else you guys wanna come up with if you even hint that Freeze could be at fault for some of this.

I'm not insinuating that Freeze needs to be replaced. But you guys all talk about how we're rebuilding, or how Kennedy hasn't been given what he needs to succeed. I'm beginning to think Bo isn't being given everything he needs to be successful. Like putting Brunetti in last night, running it up the middle twice(when it CLEARLY was NOT working), and then run Bo back out on 3rd and 9 to convert. How is that being put in a position to succeed? And it's happened all year.

It's hilarious that you guys are talking about how Freeze needs hire a new OC or give up playcalling duties. Take this to the bank. If you want someone else calling the plays, hire a new HC. Freeze ain't giving that up.
Hit the Nail on the head!

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
I'm fine with that because I believe that in a fair evaluation Bo would win that going away. But you will be missing a preparation opportunity if you waste too much time with such an exercise. And if we do not go into next year with Bo as the unquestioned starter then we lose the huge advantage we have over the other SEC teams in a returning, probably pre-season All SEC, starter at the most important position on the field. And you will have the fans screaming for Bo every time the rookies *beep* up. My biggest fear is that Freeze will pull the same *beep* he pulled with Brunetti again next year, but with Kincaide. I think if you look at the season as a whole, Bo was our best and most important player. His performance against Texas and LSU showed what he can do against tough competition in pressure situations and he is the toughest dude on this team. For us to not hit the ground running in Spring with him as the unquestioned starter, and Captain, of this team would I think be a missed opportunity to go into next year as one of the favorites in the West.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

He needs another top recruiting class before he will be able to competitive in the SEC West, at least one. Nutt didn't do a thing his last two years here and should not have been allowed to hang around as long as he did
RebLG
Water Boy
Water Boy

Leave Bo in on third and short the last two weeks and stop running up the middle when our line has been getting whipped and we win one or both of those games.

The defense got better every week. They are young and have tons of talent for the future except at LB.

OL may be our weak spot this year and will be again next year if you look at it on paper. And as everyone knows the OL is the engine behind the offense. Need another recruiting boost there.

I still am a Freeze supporter. He has some sophomore mistakes in him. But the Rebels are exciting to watch and were in every game this year. Even the Bama game for 3 quarters. At the beginning of the year, I would have taken 7-5. No one should be happy to be 7-5 each year but the Rebs are getting better. Every team has a bad game. We had several and still finished 7-5 and a bowl game.

Lastly, support the Rebels. Those young men came to Oxford when they could have went elsewhere. Turn on them and what do you think they will tell the new recruits when they visit? Give them support no matter what. Go REBS!!
Reb LG
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

In the end no-one in charge gives a crap what any of y'all thinks. I too am glad bama lost and lost the way they did, but I'm sure no-one gives a crap what I think either. :P
scott
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

fenderman wrote:He needs another top recruiting class before he will be able to competitive in the SEC West, at least one. Nutt didn't do a thing his last two years here and should not have been allowed to hang around as long as he did
If you mean top 10, it ain't gonna happen after the egg bowl! Should still get a top 50 class, but need better than that in the SEC! Even a top 20 class is already 12th among other SEC schools