***The OFFICIAL FIRE HUGH FREEZE THREAD***

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Done with this coward.

No balls, NOT an offensive mind, coward...a freakin joke.

We just got beat by an American conference team that hasn't beaten a ranked opponent in years.

Their defense is garbage. I watched Cincy put up 60 on them with a BACKUP QB. You have a potential first rounder at QB with talent all over and you can't do the same against them?

Done with them all and you all should be too.

A bunch of bums and we deserve better like a Justin Fuente.

Go **** yourself Freeze.
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Thought I heard Jack Eaton screaming from the press box. We appear to be a Ill coached out of sink football team. Just have to saddle up and get ready for AM next week.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Best post game tweet! I would have added Hugh Freeze to the tweet had I posted it.Image
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If we had passed every play, we'd have stomped Memphis. Passing was working, but Freeze stopped us from throwing down field.
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Freeze can recruit but he can't coach. Neither can his DC & OC. This team is done!
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Not ready to join the "Fire Freeze" crowd just yet but if he refuses to make changes after this season I just might be. Firing Matt Luke and hiring a dedicated offensive coordinator, would be very appropriate. Defense is looking horrible but Wommack has earned another year after having the best D last year.

If Freeze refuses to make changes, Bjork my have to force his hand. It's okay to be loyal but not to the point of damaging the team.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

texasrebel wrote:Freeze can recruit but he can't coach. Neither can his DC & OC. This team is done!
You're dead on! Hopefully more people see this before it's too late got the program!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:If we had passed every play, we'd have stomped Memphis. Passing was working, but Freeze stopped us from throwing down field.

Majority of the offense is run-pass option and I did not see CHF playing db for memphis... As far as driving it downfield, that would require protection from the worst OL in the league... I do understand that you don't really want to hear that because you don't want reasons, answers, or solutions. Your sole intent is to *beep* and moan as much as you can... This board has been dead as a hammer for most of the season, but it blows up when there is something to *beep* about... For those of you who are ready to jump off a bridge because you don't think Luke is getting it done, welcome to where I was over 2 years ago...
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebnPhilly wrote:Not ready to join the "Fire Freeze" crowd just yet but if he refuses to make changes after this season I just might be. Firing Matt Luke and hiring a dedicated offensive coordinator, would be very appropriate. Defense is looking horrible but Wommack has earned another year after having the best D last year.

If Freeze refuses to make changes, Bjork my have to force his hand. It's okay to be loyal but not to the point of damaging the team.
He's refused to make needed changes so far. Why would this year be any different? The ONLY way it's different is if Ross forces his hand. And that's a big if!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
RebnPhilly wrote:Not ready to join the "Fire Freeze" crowd just yet but if he refuses to make changes after this season I just might be. Firing Matt Luke and hiring a dedicated offensive coordinator, would be very appropriate. Defense is looking horrible but Wommack has earned another year after having the best D last year.

He's refused to make needed changes so far. Why would this year be any different? The ONLY way it's different is if Ross forces his hand. And that's a big if!

Because it has been easy to make excuses in the past, not enough depth, Treadwell injury, and the inability of Bo to drive it downfield. Another reason is because the fire was not that hot... The fire will get pretty hot on Freeze to make changes... He is a loyal guy, but he is also making 4 mil a year to win football games... He might not fire him, but he will be unemployed within 3 years if he does not.. As far as Defense, rewind to this time last year, we had the #1 D in the country? Why would you fire your DC then?
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Elston's post game comments said all I needed to know
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Still *beep*!!
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Becoming quite clear Freeze is a recruiter not a coach. This program is imploding. He needs to own this crap and clean house or we will continue to spiral down but have great recruiting classes. Never relevant.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:Elston's post game comments said all I needed to know
What did Elston say?
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

MageeRebel425 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:If we had passed every play, we'd have stomped Memphis. Passing was working, but Freeze stopped us from throwing down field.

Majority of the offense is run-pass option and I did not see CHF playing db for memphis... As far as driving it downfield, that would require protection from the worst OL in the league... I do understand that you don't really want to hear that because you don't want reasons, answers, or solutions. Your sole intent is to *beep* and moan as much as you can... This board has been dead as a hammer for most of the season, but it blows up when there is something to *beep* about... For those of you who are ready to jump off a bridge because you don't think Luke is getting it done, welcome to where I was over 2 years ago...
Freeze lost this game today when we lost momentum...the problem with this team this year is due to Luke not being able to improve Linemen. Memphis's Offense is top 15 nationally and our D backfield was tested by an NFL QB. Matt Luke while being a wonderful rebel is a great guy, He just isn't capable of developing a running game using 160# RB's trying to run behind linemen with no ability...Every game we have lost since Freeze has been here has been due to not having an O line to establish some semblance of a running game. Matt HAS to go... lets see at the end of the year whether Freeze is a HC or not. He will get my prayers for strength and conviction and the ability to find a way to let a friend go...I am still a Freeze fan and cannot see anyone else at the Helm...it is time for him to prove me right...make the tough choices and keep on keeping on.
Later,
Hagar