I have never in my LIFE...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Seen such HORRIBLE play calling. Week after week CHF shows how mediocre he is.

FEED TREADWELL.

We should be up by 4 scores. My gosh this is horrible.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm glad I read your second sentence, because I was fixing to say, "I have! Last week, and the week before that, and the week before that...."
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This thread is a joke... Find me a perfect coach, and I will be happy to sell you my ocean front property in Brandon... Absolutely ridiculous standards.. There were a lot of mistakes but we played with passion, intensity, aggression, and won by 20 against a top 15 team..
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

MageeRebel425 wrote:This thread is a joke... Find me a perfect coach, and I will be happy to sell you my ocean front property in Brandon... Absolutely ridiculous standards.. There were a lot of mistakes but we played with passion, intensity, aggression, and won by 20 against a top 15 team..
And without RK and TC. Maybe we won't fall apart next year after all. Silly penalty towards the end but we are gonna be talking about Breeland Speaks more and more!
-----
Go Rebs!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

darylscook wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:This thread is a joke... Find me a perfect coach, and I will be happy to sell you my ocean front property in Brandon... Absolutely ridiculous standards.. There were a lot of mistakes but we played with passion, intensity, aggression, and won by 20 against a top 15 team..
And without RK and TC. Maybe we won't fall apart next year after all. Silly penalty towards the end but we are gonna be talking about Breeland Speaks more and more!

Speaks is a man!!!!!! I love the way he plays!!!!
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Agreed Don't really know what happened against Memphis but they looked like a totally different team Sat night.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

55chevy wrote:
Agreed Don't really know what happened against Memphis but they looked like a totally different team Sat night.

I can't explain it either... however i do know one statistic that cannot be denied... Memphis is till undefeated and we are the only team in the nation that has beaten 2 top fifteen teams and lost to 2 top 20 teams...so far this year we have been ranked for its entirety... not trying to accept mediocrity but it wasn't so many years ago that even getting ranked once during the year would have had us all giddy with excitement...we are still a very good team and after this year's bowl game we will have the most bowl appearances of any college in the nation....not too shabby... I think I am right about the bowl appearance stat.... pretty sure.
Later,
Hagar
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I cannot recall any point in my life when I would have been "giddy" about merely being ranked. But then, I don't suffer from gloom and doom syndrome when things aren't going right either.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Not trying to nitpick but I would think mediocrity would be somewhere around the middle of the pack. There are a lot of teams not mentioned anywhere near the top twenty five who are mediocre. When you are ranked you are in the upper levels of the nation. Now, #19 may not seem great until you realize there are 128 D1 programs in the nation. When looking at it from that perspective #19 looks a lot better. There are over 100 teams that would love to be where OM is right now.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Maybe not, but several demand perfection and that's good enough for me.

Regardless, this post explicitly called out and criticized the play calling. There are at least 20 current NCAA coaches who wouldn't have made all the bone-headed calls we saw over the past few weeks. I dare say at least 80% would have taken the short FG against Memphis to extend the lead instead of going for it. And the other 20% would have gone for it would not have tossed it 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

A win is a win, and I'm glad we kicked A&M's tail. Hopefully we build on this and stop boneheaded calls. If we can make it to January, we can clean house then. I'm talking Matt Luke at a minimum!
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

With the level of recruiting that CHF has been able to accomplish, we should be a much better team than one with loses to Memphis. Don't get me wrong Memphis is a good team, but talent wise they should not compete with Ole Miss. Without 5 turnovers against Alabama we lose that game, heck Alabama made it a game with all the turnovers. Florida and Memphis we got outplayed and outcoached, when we pay a coach a top ten in the nation salary, I feel like we should get a top ten coach. CHF has shown to be a great recruiter, but has not shown that as a coach. Four of our wins are simply we had better players.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So I guess Alabama got out coaches by ATM. They sure needed turnovers to win. The Memphis game ticked me off too. I don't like losing to a lower form of life but it does happen from time to time. As for bad play calling be sure to study closer to make sure it's not execution on that play rather than just a bad call.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

TLM 1961 wrote:With the level of recruiting that CHF has been able to accomplish, we should be a much better team than one with loses to Memphis. Don't get me wrong Memphis is a good team, but talent wise they should not compete with Ole Miss. Without 5 turnovers against Alabama we lose that game, heck Alabama made it a game with all the turnovers. Florida and Memphis we got outplayed and outcoached, when we pay a coach a top ten in the nation salary, I feel like we should get a top ten coach. CHF has shown to be a great recruiter, but has not shown that as a coach. Four of our wins are simply we had better players.

Look at a 4 year composite and we are 9th or worse in the SEC.. Bama is #1 in the country over the same time period, but we beat them 2 years in a row... Saban will go down as one of the best ever, but he lost to us two years in a row.. It happens.. This game is played on a field, and thank goodness it is because if we just rolled out recruiting rankings to simulate games, we would finish middle of the pack most years. As far as the 5 turnovers, yeah, we FORCED 5 turnovers.. That is part of the game. Such a big part of the game that a majority of the time, teams that are + in that category usually win.. We got beat by a team that is from a lower level conference, but has a coach that will get a top 5 job. Memphis has won 14 in a row. Florida would probably be undefeated, had their starting QB played at Death Valley.. If some of you cats want to find a dominant team that just rolls over everybody, I suggest watching girls basketball.. The Uconn lady Huskies are usually a safe bet because college football has more parody than anytime in its history, for a number of reasons...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:So I guess Alabama got out coaches by ATM. They sure needed turnovers to win. The Memphis game ticked me off too. I don't like losing to a lower form of life but it does happen from time to time. As for bad play calling be sure to study closer to make sure it's not execution on that play rather than just a bad call.

Yep... To most fans, if it does not work, it was a bad call.. Considering the majority of the offense is a run/pass option, sometimes its just bad reads or lack of execution...
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:So I guess Alabama got out coaches by ATM. They sure needed turnovers to win. The Memphis game ticked me off too. I don't like losing to a lower form of life but it does happen from time to time. As for bad play calling be sure to study closer to make sure it's not execution on that play rather than just a bad call.
You're seriously comparing a convincing win with what happened to us?????

You can write off Memphis as "something that just happens from time to time", but it doesn't happen to Nick Saban coached teams because it doesn't happen to teams whose fan base demands more!