Robert is suspended.....

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze has suspended All-American defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche for the Allstate Sugar Bowl matchup with Oklahoma State.

The suspension will end Nkemdiche's college career, as he announced that he will enter the NFL draft.

"While I wish I could have finished this journey with my team, I am grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of this program, and I am ready to begin the next phase of my life," Nkemdiche said in a statement. "I have learned a valuable lesson in the last week, and I look forward to showing NFL personnel that this is not representative of my true character. I want to thank my coaches, my teammates and Rebel Nation for their support these past three years, and I look forward to making them proud for years to come."

Freeze said in a statement that he and athletic director Ross Bjork told Nkemdiche of the suspension last week and that Ole Miss "will continue to support him as he prepares for the next chapter in his life."

The Ole Miss Spirit first reported the suspension.

Guess we all Knew this was coming.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
cajunrebel

Unfortunately it was the best thing for both parties in my opinion. He gave himself and OM a black eye right before our long awaited return to the Sugar Bowl. He would have been a negative headline throughout the coverage. I have also heard that his blood work was taken at the hospital and whatever was found was a violation of team policy. Who knows if it is true. I wish him the best. He and Denzel will always be family but I am disappointed that they both went out with a fizzle instead of a bang. I hope they turn it around.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

I hate it but the right decision was made.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Speakes seemed to get more done. May have lost depth but talent is still there
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

He will play the game of his life. This is his chance to show what he's got. If he doesn't, everyone will know. My bet is he plays his heart out and shows the nation what he is capable of. LANDSHARKS!!!
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I really don't see where Freeze had any choice. If you let him play you are telling everybody on the team and possible recruits that there are no consequences for their actions. It would have hurt the program and I know we have all heard Freeze talk about protecting the family and program. I think he did what he had to do and I'm glad to see him do it.
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

the right decision was made. Hate it turned out this way but it was the right thing.

I'm getting tired of these people saying that he declared for the draft because he was mad about the suspension...pretty sure he was gone anyway....
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

CMB wrote:the right decision was made. Hate it turned out this way but it was the right thing.

I'm getting tired of these people saying that he declared for the draft because he was mad about the suspension...pretty sure he was gone anyway....
No doubt, he was out of here. Maybe he announced it now because of the suspension rather than after the bowl game. Either way he was gone.