Tailgating at the Grove for visiting fans

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jakethigpen
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hi Rebel Nation,

My name is Jake from Georgia. I am a lifelong UGA fan, but hear me out: I love the traditions that surround college football more than anything else. One of the traditions I have long coveted a chance to experience is tailgating on a fall Saturday at Ole Miss -- at The Grove. Unless the SEC schedule is changed in the near future, Georgia's visit to Mississippi this fall will be the last for about 12 years.

Myself and some good friends are planning a trip to Oxford for the Ole Miss - Georgia game in late September. I would really appreciate it if some of the Ole Miss faithful could give me some information on how I should plan for visiting Ole Miss as an opposing fan.

A few questions I have:
Is setting up a tailgate a realistic option for opposing fans, if so, what should I plan for?
What restaurants do you recommend?
How is the downtown area/bars?

Thank you in advance for helping me out. Visiting Oxford is high on my football bucket list that I hope you can help me out with accomplishing next fall.

Sincerely,
Jake
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Jake, you guys will be welcomed with open arms. Unless you just insist on it, I wouldn't plan on setting up my own tailgate...just come on over to The Grove, introduce yourself to some Rebels, and you'll be well taken care of. As far as bar/restaurant scene...just follow the crowd down to the square. It's much easier to walk (about a mile or so from the stadium) than to try to find parking. I've included a link that might be helpful. Also, hotel rooms are scarce in Oxford, so your best bet would be Tupelo. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but at my age that's understandable!
http://olemissfb.com/the-grove/
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

jakethigpen wrote:Hi Rebel Nation,

My name is Jake from Georgia. I am a lifelong UGA fan, but hear me out: I love the traditions that surround college football more than anything else. One of the traditions I have long coveted a chance to experience is tailgating on a fall Saturday at Ole Miss -- at The Grove. Unless the SEC schedule is changed in the near future, Georgia's visit to Mississippi this fall will be the last for about 12 years.

Myself and some good friends are planning a trip to Oxford for the Ole Miss - Georgia game in late September. I would really appreciate it if some of the Ole Miss faithful could give me some information on how I should plan for visiting Ole Miss as an opposing fan.

A few questions I have:
Is setting up a tailgate a realistic option for opposing fans, if so, what should I plan for?
What restaurants do you recommend?
How is the downtown area/bars?

Thank you in advance for helping me out. Visiting Oxford is high on my football bucket list that I hope you can help me out with accomplishing next fall.

Sincerely,
Jake
Finding a great tailgaiting spot won't be difficult at all... just durned near every beautiful spot on campus is available and easily found...granted it might not be in the Grove, but it will still be a great picnic location and as intimate or crowded as you want it to be. feel free to interact with rebels everywhere and please be respectful and I can promise you it will be reciprocated in kind. I would almost be willing to bet that just about anyone will feed you all you want at almost any Rebel tailgate. Also, Don't forget to enjoy the local Fauna/Eye Candy... (Sunglasses are a must!)
Later,
Hagar