Nov. 12 at Texas A&M
Nov. 19 at Vanderbilt
Nov. 26 MISSISSIPPI STATE
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

It's actually a good schedule for perhaps finally wining the West and going to Atlanta and even beyond. Hear me out:

Florida State: I'm aware of their tradition and recent performance. But they are beatable: If Houston can do it, so can we. Even if we should lose, it's OOC, early on and getting on a roll after that won't hurt our chances for anything. If we win, taking care of business in the SEC will put us in the Playoff conversation every week. But now let's get to the games that count: (Skipping the next game against Wofford. Only a 'show-up for the paycheck' coach like Nutt could *beep* up a 'rep' game like that. Jax State, anyone?)

Alabama: Yeah, I know: Saban will go out to beat us because it's a 'revenge' game. How'd that work out last year? They'll be trying to find the right QB again, and they might. But no way will he have the experience that Chad will have. I give us the edge outright and a great shot at three in a row. We are over the hump about not being able to beat 'Bama.

Georgia: New HC and new system. Very few programs don't experience glitches in the first year of a new system. We'll be playing them with five years under our belt in Hugh's system and continuity across the board with our well-paid coaches. Yes, I'm aware we have fans that question certain position coaches--I've done it myself. But I give us the edge here, too, for the win. And just because Kirby Smart was at Alabama with Saban doesn't mean he is HC material. Do I have to mention how many position/coordinators bumped up to HC's didn't make it? I call this the Brad Scott Syndrome. Anyway, we shouldn't be afraid to handle Georgia.

Memphis (State)--sorry that's who they'll always be to me, and I show respect by not calling them Tiger High: Their little flurry with Fuente and Lynch is over, gone, bye-bye. Yeah, we didn't show up the way we should have last year, Tunsil or no Tunsil. To the extent that our performance last year in Memphis might have cost us the Playoffs if Arkansas hadn't pulled off the 4th and 25, this will be a 'revenge game' for us. But it's right before our open date and we can take care of business in style. New head coach, new QB, new system. Wake me when this one is over.

Open Date: Have to say that we got a way better deal with this than we did last year. I might be correct in saying that NOBODY in the country had to play ten in a row before one of these last year. Certainly no other team in the SEC had the 10-2 split. It was brutal from the standpoint of tired legs and emotional energy. Arkansas benefited from being the 10th of 10 to play us. Ask me, please, which game I want to win MOST this fall. No, don't. You already know the answer. I trust we'll hasten Buffet Bert's departure.

Arkansas: I think I just covered that game in part. But I should mention that Alex Collins came out early, they lost both coordinators and their veteran QB in Brandon Allen. Continuity. Don't ever discount it. Arkansas was lucky they weren't 6-6 last year. This fall, they'll wish they were, and Buffet Bert may be gone.

LSU: Our 41 wins in Tiger Stadium is the most owned by any team except Alabama, and they aren't that far ahead of us. When a good coach 'gets' the Ole Miss-LSU rivalry (Nutt didn't,) we play very well down there. Fournette? Ole Miss, Alabama and Arkansas all showed how to slow him down. Will they forget how this fall? Is Brandon Harris, their QB, a Chad Kelly? Also, here's something worth noting along the Open Date U line: We play LSU the 8th of 8 in a row for them. Don't discount that. Right now, we should be the winners of three in a row against LSU. They managed to upset us 10-7 two years ago and stormed the field. Yeah, they may say they don't want to beat us, but they do. I still think we have the edge and that this might be Miles' last year. I expect him to lose to us and 'Bama again. Reminds me of the Charley McClendon years when he couldn't pull that off either until Johnny Vaught left.

Auburn: The worm has turned in this series. Malzahn is another coach who will suffer from position/coordinator turnover, and I don't think Johnson or White are suddenly going to turn into phenoms. Two fluke plays have likely kept us from going to Atlanta two years in a row. Arkansas owns one and Auburn the other. No, the bad taste in my mouth is not out yet. Auburn will be back at the scene of the crime against Treadwell that cratered us. I want to see us get after them again and help Malzahn find employment elsewhere.

Georgia Southern: If they still had their veteran head coach, I'd say we need to be careful with this 'sandwich' game. But, like Georgia and Memphis State, they''ll have a new HC, staff and system in place. I think the odds favor another 'rep' game like Wofford. (Rep=everybody on the team gets a chance to get reps and play.)

Texas A & M: Now this one strikes no fear in my heart. The Ags thought expanding their stadium to 200,000+ would translate into wins. Stadiums don't win games--coaches and talent do. Johnny Manziel should actually have been called The Band-Aid Kid instead of Johnny Football. He postponed what is happening now at College Station. Sumlin (The Great Pretender) benefited from Case Keenum at Houston and then The Band-Aid Kid, until he was thrown back on ordinary QB leadership and the realization that a 6,000 year-old DC (Chavis) that had been used up by UT and LSU wasn't getting the job done or getting any younger. I see us going into Aggie Land again and getting a win. Aggie has yet to beat ANY ranked team that has gone in there since they joined the SEC. I look for the same-old, same-old, and a farewell to Sumlin.

Vandy: The 'Dores have one thing going for them--the fact that Derek Mason is a good DC, but not a head coach. They can't score, and they can't recruit skill position players fast enough to be a player in the SEC East. Forget the mini-flurry they had when James Franklin was there, and Nutt was again reading the sports page while Ole Miss was supposed to be playing Vandy. We will win our fourth in a row after Vandy's fifteen minutes of fame.

State, Mullen U., Mulligan Stew, Mullett Ewwww (Whatever You Want To Call them): Do you really think Hugh Freeze will lose the Egg Bowl to 'Mr. I Don't Wanna Be Here Anymore' and 'I've Run Out Of Junior-High-School Ways Of Disrespecting Ole Miss Who is 3-1 Against Me Under Freeze?' Yeah, I know that was long-winded, but then so is Mullen. Talks the Talk but doesn't Walk the Walk against Ole Miss, Bama and LSU. Although we may already have clinched the West by the time we play this game, I don't see Freeze and the guys letting the title slip away this year if we need to keep the Egg Bowl trophy at home.

And that is my analysis for an 11-1 regular season. Last year, I said 10-2 and only Hunter Henry's desperation basketball heave kept that from being spot-on. So, who do I see us losing too? Most likely would be FSU. Or maybe Saban will get it done this time.

I also think UT will win the East. Can we beat the Vols in Atlanta if we go? Yes, I'd give us the edge there due to QB play.

BTW, our win progression under Freeze tells the trend analysts in the business something important: 7-6, 8-5, 9-4, 10-3 shows that the system is building a foundation, the type that becomes a reload instead of rebuild situation every year. Model: 'Bama under Saban. Has anyone bested him notably after his first year there? LSU once or twice, but that was BCS-Era stuff. The only team that's solved Saban since the Playoff began is Ole Miss under Freeze. Focus and understand what's happening here. You are looking at history in the making. (Not going to add some covering my ass statement like 'barring injuries'- because it doesn't take away the basics of what we have and what we can do.)

Here endeth my analysis.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Like button. And agreed.