Eli tribute to Peyton

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cajunrebel

Mannings - keeping it classy since. . . .forever.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016 ... ing_i.html
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Awesome.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

He's a great person, and he makes funny commercials. But he's a vol, not a Reb. Never pulled for him unless I bet on his team. Again, he's a great human being, but he recruits for the vols, he supports the vols. He's even help get legacy players we were trying to get, become vols. He's not the friend of Ole Miss some think he is. It's not like he hates Ole Miss, I'm sure he has fond feelings for Ole Miss, but he's orange through and through. Ask him what college he supports...... U won't hear Ole Miss out of his lips. Your hear the u of t.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Of course he supports UT. Why wouldn't he?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Jim, I thought Eli did a great job and showed brotherly love. Both are Mannings and I have a deep respect for the Mannings regardless of where they went to school. If where you attended a school dictates whether you like someone, then maybe I need to vacate the site as I went to Memhis State, not Ole Miss. My kids went to Ole Miss for under graduate and graduate. I root for Ole Miss and was a Rebel before most of you were as I went to Overton HS which back then were known as the Rebels. So this crap of not being able to look at the full situation that happened in history is just that...crap. I am a Rebel by heart and always will be, but didn't graduate from Ole Miss so I guess you can ignore me in the future. Personally, I don't care. It is just too petty to worry about.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:Jim, I thought Eli did a great job and showed brotherly love. Both are Mannings and I have a deep respect for the Mannings regardless of where they went to school. If where you attended a school dictates whether you like someone, then maybe I need to vacate the site as I went to Memhis State, not Ole Miss. My kids went to Ole Miss for under graduate and graduate. I root for Ole Miss and was a Rebel before most of you were as I went to Overton HS which back then were known as the Rebels. So this crap of not being able to look at the full situation that happened in history is just that...crap. I am a Rebel by heart and always will be, but didn't graduate from Ole Miss so I guess you can ignore me in the future. Personally, I don't care. It is just too petty to worry about.
U have your right to your opinion. And I have no reason to ignore u. U and Peyton ' s ordeal are entirely different. Peyton is a great human being. He makes fantastic commericals. And he's been a great NFL QB. But, he spurned Ole Miss, which is his right, and I will always hold that against him. And that is my right. And I can assure u I'm not alone in my feelings. Like I said, he's gotten a Rebel legacy to go to UT instead of Ole Miss. The only time I ever pulled for him was when I bet on his team. *beep* him, that's my feelings about him. And I became a Rebel fan in 1962, at age 6. All this makes no difference. I'm sure Peyton doesn't care how I feel. The sun will still come up tomorrow, even though it's raining here. And Peyton will be a first ballot HOF, which he deserves.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

He should have been a Rebel for one reason alone. You see what one big recruit can do for a class. He could have made a difference. However coaching was suspect. But so was it when Eli came. Don't fault him but he should have come home.