The clarion ledger seems to think

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

That's there is still a chance that we get anywhere between a 1-3 year bowl ban and it's not just that they're blowing smoke out of their butts . They interviewed a few lawyers that fought on behalf of other schools against the NCAA and know how the NCAA thinks . They both said that they wouldn't be surprised if ole miss received a ban but that they also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't . The rule states that for violations on this level of level one infractions mitigated ( the way we interpreted and announced the violations ) carries a bowl ban of 0-1 year . However , if the NCAA chooses to not accept level one mitigated and changed it to regular level one or level one aggregated then it could go to a bowl ban of 1-4 years . 4 years. A bowl ban of even one year would destroy the program momentum and recruiting wise . The absolute worst part would be if they handed us a ban midseason this year . We wouldn't recover to win anything . I'm hoping they just suspend freeze for a few games and add on a few more scholarship reductions .
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If you read the article it states a lot of hypotheticals, some from different periods of time, and kind of stretches point A bad point K to reach point Z.

Unlike some folks I don't usually get too bent out of shape by the Clarion Ledger...but when I read this one it reeked of the classic "create news" as opposed to "report news". I don't think many folks in the NCAA are as quick to hand out bowl band for stuff as they used to be...nor do I think any of this stuff rises to that level (especially compared to something's that have happened in Auburn, Tuscaloosa and Starkville over the last several years).

Hell, they have enough trouble filling up bowls as it is!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well if they do I hope we schedule a dec 30 game with Tulane in New Orleans
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Quiet in here
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:Quiet in here
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

better? :)
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:
bbqit wrote:Quiet in here
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

better? :)
Much better
cajunrebel

HOLA!
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That's more like it
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sure is hard getting sleep in here with all this racket.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Sawatdee kop! There.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

It came out last week that the NCAA is going to rival schools to interview rival players we recruited. If the NCAA is allowed to use this against us then that proves this is nothing but a witch hunt probably being pushed by BAMA. Of course a rival player will say Ole Miss cheated DUHH. This same tactic could be used to take down any program in the country. Funny thing too I heard on one the sport talk shows in Nashville say that the BAMA coach that was fired, Davis I think was his name, is pleading with the NCAA to stay in college football. Obviously this is wayyy more than just a phone call. Now where is the investigation???????
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

fenderman wrote:It came out last week that the NCAA is going to rival schools to interview rival players we recruited. If the NCAA is allowed to use this against us then that proves this is nothing but a witch hunt probably being pushed by BAMA. Of course a rival player will say Ole Miss cheated DUHH. This same tactic could be used to take down any program in the country. Funny thing too I heard on one the sport talk shows in Nashville say that the BAMA coach that was fired, Davis I think was his name, is pleading with the NCAA to stay in college football. Obviously this is wayyy more than just a phone call. Now where is the investigation???????
It's dirty.

But, guess what? Ole Miss now has players that were recruited heavily by others schools and they know things, too. As I'm sure our coaches do. IF the NCAA turns something up out of these 'immunity' incentivized interviews, I say our side starts singing, too. Basically, if we're going down, burn the house down around us.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
fenderman wrote:It came out last week that the NCAA is going to rival schools to interview rival players we recruited. If the NCAA is allowed to use this against us then that proves this is nothing but a witch hunt probably being pushed by BAMA. Of course a rival player will say Ole Miss cheated DUHH. This same tactic could be used to take down any program in the country. Funny thing too I heard on one the sport talk shows in Nashville say that the BAMA coach that was fired, Davis I think was his name, is pleading with the NCAA to stay in college football. Obviously this is wayyy more than just a phone call. Now where is the investigation???????
It's dirty.

But, guess what? Ole Miss now has players that were recruited heavily by others schools and they know things, too. As I'm sure our coaches do. IF the NCAA turns something up out of these 'immunity' incentivized interviews, I say our side starts singing, too. Basically, if we're going down, burn the house down around us.
Correct, if we are going down, then bring the whole conference down with us. I hear we are no longer cooperating with them. We never should have. Eric, what's the latest being said on rivals about this.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Not much, other then everyone seems to agree this is now a witch hunt. And always has been.

Neal and the others fully admit they just don't know anymore.

The Howell guy that said the investigation was over and these interviews turned up nothing? I don't think Neal believes the guy knows what he's talking about(he didn't say none of that was true, he just insinuated he didn't put much stock in whether that guy knew what he was talking about).

Neal says he knows who Pat Forde's sources are and they are legit. But, I don't necessarily think he agrees with the way Forde has disseminated his info
Some Random Dude
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ya'll know what?!?
We play Florida State in a freaking week!!