2018 season opener

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

According to Brett McMurphy of ESPN, Ole Miss has agreed to open the 2018 season against Texas Tech in Houston.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:According to Brett McMurphy of ESPN, Ole Miss has agreed to open the 2018 season against Texas Tech in Houston.
Jokes on Texas Tech #deathPenalty
Some Random Dude
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Well, at least we know that won't happen. But I like the match up. Works for me.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
rebeljim wrote:According to Brett McMurphy of ESPN, Ole Miss has agreed to open the 2018 season against Texas Tech in Houston.
Jokes on Texas Tech #deathPenalty
I wasn't expecting us to field another team til 2021, with all the different bans and show causes we're headed for.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

5 years? Man, that's optimistic ;)
Some Random Dude
cajunrebel

Also note that in 2020 we will play Baylor in Houston, same scenario.

I think I can make these two games. . . . . .
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Maybe we should schedule SMU
cajunrebel

Baylor is in dumpster fire mode right now and I do not mean just the football team. Baylor is a baptist school that is losing quite a few rich/influential alumni who feel that they have been led astray from the main goals of the university. I know of a few wealthy donors who have moved their allegiance back to Houston Baptist University (HBU). TCU and UTX fans are enjoying the hell out of this. It will be interesting to see how things progress over the next few years.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cajunrebel wrote:Baylor is in dumpster fire mode right now and I do not mean just the football team. Baylor is a baptist school that is losing quite a few rich/influential alumni who feel that they have been led astray from the main goals of the university. I know of a few wealthy donors who have moved their allegiance back to Houston Baptist University (HBU). TCU and UTX fans are enjoying the hell out of this. It will be interesting to see how things progress over the next few years.
I can imagine. A Christian school where employees are helping to cover up rape allegations? I can't believe that hasn't gotten more headlines the way organized religion(outside of Islam) are ridiculed and attacked these days.
Some Random Dude