Wofford game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Any thoughts from any who were able to make it to the game today? I was at work with limited access, did we ever establish a consistent running game today? Glad to see that lots of young guys got some playing time
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Caught most of the game today. Our running game wasn't bad today. Judd showed flashes where we needed it. Oline play has to improve to help. We seemed out of sync at times today. Hopefully we can polish up this week for the big one.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Any word on Metcalf?
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I heard broken foot. Most likely season ending.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:Any word on Metcalf?
Broke foot, out for year, and will red shirt.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:Any word on Metcalf?
Broke foot, out for year, and will red shirt.

Deepest position by far, but it still sucks for him and us... Hate that.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

When is Jeremy Liggins going to be back?
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Not gonna complain. Defense had a really short time to prepare for the option. O line tried hard. A couple dropped passes. Kelly made better decisions. They know it's on this week. They know the game with bama is gonna be watched. It's where their mind was. Most polls dropped us to 19 but cbs moved us to 10. Why? To keep their game more interesting. Will watch for difference in polls again this week
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

After the first two weeks, the only thing I'm sure of is FSU and Bama are good. After that, who knows.

I don't have much confidence against Bama. But, I haven't had too much the last two years.
Some Random Dude
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

No way to know just how good Alabama is at this point. If we play and can keep our defense from having to play 40-45 minutes I think we can compete. We were just as good as FSU until turnovers and playing defense all night took it's toll. We need to find a way to have a chance of winning in the end.
Grenada Reb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

We didn't show much at all, threw it wide and Evan set down in the middle. Longest play was a catch and run. They threw it deep once to Van but Chad overthrew him. Nothing fancy in the run game either, just business like ground and pound. Conyers had about 4 of those high snaps that he is famous for...Youngblood looked slow to the edge but basically a base 4-3 look. Jalen Julius and Jaylon Jones played a good bit.

They did what a superior team should do, went to work and seized the momentum. Played a bunch of young players and didn't show any more wrinkles other than what they showed against Florida State. I was wanting a bunch of explosive plays but they just came out and went to work.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Grenada Reb wrote:We didn't show much at all, threw it wide and Evan set down in the middle. Longest play was a catch and run. They threw it deep once to Van but Chad overthrew him. Nothing fancy in the run game either, just business like ground and pound. Conyers had about 4 of those high snaps that he is famous for...Youngblood looked slow to the edge but basically a base 4-3 look. Jalen Julius and Jaylon Jones played a good bit.

They did what a superior team should do, went to work and seized the momentum. Played a bunch of young players and didn't show any more wrinkles other than what they showed against Florida State. I was wanting a bunch of explosive plays but they just came out and went to work.

My thoughts as well!, Maybe CHF and company were holding their cards close for this week....hmmmm