WTF

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I've been one of Freeze's biggest supporters but these 2 blown 21+ point leads are inexcusable. There is really no explanation or justification for it. I have never seen this happen to ANY team before. 2 leads against top 5 teams(no, FSU may not be what everyone thought, whatever) and it went away with the blink of an eye. I'm not calling for his head or anything along those lines but this simply is pathetic to say the least. Very embarrassing and dissappointing.

I'm a very optimistic person but my hope and joy is basically deflated at this point. Please NCAA, go easy on us, that could be the dagger.
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

amen
Just another day being better than State.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Dito!
Attachments
IMG_0654.JPG
IMG_0654.JPG (73.45 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

We do not play well in a consevitive play calling mode. Playing at tempo is what this team is built for. We should keep our boots on the throat of all of anylne we are playing. Anything else is unacceptable.
Just another day being better than State.
Goroth

Look at Louisville.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Freeze is no Patrino
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yes things aren't perfect but we are still better than we were just a few years ago. With this sept schedule we knew a 1-3 start was possible which I believe will end up 2-2. I can live with that. We are young at some positions and those young men will only get better as we go. Lots of season to go with more tough games but none tougher than we have played. The Louisville fsu game could be that Louisville, a dang good team, had game film that exposed fsu we didn't have.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

bbqit wrote:Yes things aren't perfect but we are still better than we were just a few years ago. With this sept schedule we knew a 1-3 start was possible which I believe will end up 2-2. I can live with that. We are young at some positions and those young men will only get better as we go. Lots of season to go with more tough games but none tougher than we have played. The Louisville fsu game could be that Louisville, a dang good team, had game film that exposed fsu we didn't have.
That was my take the last couple of years. I think it's time for a new attitude. Why are we still screaming about how young we are? We've been saying that for 2-3 years!! If we can use that, then EVERY college team out there can say that so we're on an even playing field. And cmon man....more tape than us??? I can't even take that serious. We got outplayed and outcoached. There is no conspiracy or mystery about it. Louisville beat the hell out of a mediocre team that we blew a 22 point lead to. I don't think anyone is upset because we lost, especially to BAma. It's the way we lost. It's uncalled for and should never happen at this level 2 times in three weeks.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

You can put the blame where you want to but Freeze didn't turn the ball over once. He hasn't fumbled or thrown a interception yet as far as I can tell. You could see the wheels start falling off right before half time. When you have a lead you have to be able to get your defense off the field especially when the half is ending and you are kicking off the second half. Both games we have lost have been the same. We turn the ball over and give up points just before and just after half time. My dad coached basketball for over thirty years. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard him say the most important time in any game is the first five minutes after half time.OM should be favored in every game left. They can win any game left . They have been beat by two good teams. They are a good team also but they just need to find their way. They are young and will have to learn how to win the big games. The talent is there but the mentality is lagging behind. I think as the season goes on that they will find themselves and by the end of the year will be a fine football team. They are very close right now.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

What turnover before half are you referring to? I saw a bad possession before half. 2 terrible run calls that got us no where and then we punted after we decided to throw on third down. Hence, we gave the ball back to them, exactly what you are saying we shouldn't do. Granted, they run the punt back for a TD. But, it was a terrible possesion, terrible play calling and decision.

Freeze may not make the turnovers himself but he is in charge of preparing our teams to play. He is in charge of his coaching staff making sure we can execute plays, block, and call the right plays. I couldn't tell you the last time an "elite" team at this level has given up two leads like this. I'm sorry man, but if you don't think he is a part of the problem, you are blind and not looking at the same games most everyone else is. I think he is a good coach, I've taken up for him many times in the past and still think he has done a hell of a job here but you call a spade a spade.
I don't blame the turnovers one bit for this loss. Both of our losses are on the coaching staff, point blank period.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:
bbqit wrote:Yes things aren't perfect but we are still better than we were just a few years ago. With this sept schedule we knew a 1-3 start was possible which I believe will end up 2-2. I can live with that. We are young at some positions and those young men will only get better as we go. Lots of season to go with more tough games but none tougher than we have played. The Louisville fsu game could be that Louisville, a dang good team, had game film that exposed fsu we didn't have.
That was my take the last couple of years. I think it's time for a new attitude. Why are we still screaming about how young we are? We've been saying that for 2-3 years!! If we can use that, then EVERY college team out there can say that so we're on an even playing field. And cmon man....more tape than us??? I can't even take that serious. We got outplayed and outcoached. There is no conspiracy or mystery about it. Louisville beat the hell out of a mediocre team that we blew a 22 point lead to. I don't think anyone is upset because we lost, especially to BAma. It's the way we lost. It's uncalled for and should never happen at this level 2 times in three weeks.
We are injury young. Deal with it. Injuries can make any college team young at positions in one play
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

We're not the only team dealing with injuries. There is no excuse for blowing those leads...none.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:We're not the only team dealing with injuries. There is no excuse for blowing those leads...none.
Not arguing that others have injuries but injuries are why we are so young at d back. As for blowing leads I do agree but I have also seen weird plays that caused quick easy Tds for our opponents to cut that lead. All I can say is that has been an Ole Miss problem for longer than freeze. Over the last half century I've seen plenty of strange things happen that didn't go our way. Maybe we have had our share of that for this year so luck will go our way for a while
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We are young and we have injuries, but that's not why we lost. We lost because Freeze put the brakes on. We had a 20 point lead on Bama in Tuscaloosa last year too. But Freeze put on the breaks until Bama got back in it, then we got back on top. He did the same thing this year, but it was too little too late!

Same thing against FSU.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

proud2breb wrote:We are young and we have injuries, but that's not why we lost. We lost because Freeze put the brakes on. We had a 20 point lead on Bama in Tuscaloosa last year too. But Freeze put on the breaks until Bama got back in it, then we got back on top. He did the same thing this year, but it was too little too late!

Same thing against FSU.
It is easy to blame the coach for everything but the players play the game. There is a thing called execution. Any play can work with the right amount of it. Yes, it is frustrating to watch them blow a big lead twice but while you put the blame on the coach I think the inability of the defense to get off the field before half time and the turnovers on our side of the 50 were the major factors in both losses. Add in the punt return for a touchdown and it is really a wonder we were in a one score game at the end. If we don't give up points right before half time and give them a very short field right after half time that lead to a touchdown it is a totally different ball game.
In four years CHF has transformed Ole Miss from the total disaster Nutt left to a team that is a mainstay in the top twenty five programs in the country. He has also improved on his win total every year and has somehow coached his team to back to back new years day bowls. OM can compete with any team in the country right now but still that isn't enough for some.