WTF

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

OM can compete with any team in the country right now but still that isn't enough for some.
We are upset because we could have (maybe should have) beaten the BEST team in the country and we it get away from us! And, we still had a chance to win after we gave them 14pts with fumble TD, and Int TD. What does that say about the state of Rebel Football? And that was after we lost our #1 cornerback and 2 of our top 3 RBs. With our youth in the secondary and on the offensive line, we are only going to get better. Go Rebels!!!
-----
Go Rebs!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

darylscook wrote:
OM can compete with any team in the country right now but still that isn't enough for some.
We are upset because we could have (maybe should have) beaten the BEST team in the country and we it get away from us! And, we still had a chance to win after we gave them 14pts with fumble TD, and Int TD. What does that say about the state of Rebel Football? And that was after we lost our #1 cornerback and 2 of our top 3 RBs. With our youth in the secondary and on the offensive line, we are only going to get better. Go Rebels!!!
This
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I'll say this again.im happy to see the transformation Freeze has brought to our football program. He has done a hell of a job and I am very thankful for the games we've gotten to enjoy instead of dreading another losing season. im not upset we lost, I'm upset with the way we lost. There is NO excuse for it and any D1 program should and would feel the same way. Changes need to be made so we keep heading in the right direction and not show glimmers of times past. It starts with a winning attitude on our part just as much as the players themselves.

It's fine and dandy to pump sunshine till the cows come home, but there are continuous problems with certain areas of this team that have been since Freeze arrived and it's time to correct them.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think Freeze needs to stop letting friendship get in the way and bring in some assistants that belong in the SEC. Right now we have some coaches that have no business coaching in this league, they are in way over their head. Both defensive and special teams are a disaster. Just look at the stats, we are near the bottom in EVERY defensive catagory. Ranked 100 something in every catagory. And our special teams are as bad as they come. Our recruiting on the defensive side of the ball is sorry, not much talent on that side of the ball. Way to many misses and not enough hits. We are really is missing Tom Allen. And we had the chance to maybe get McGriff back, bit didn't. He's now at awbarn. Needs new blood badly in the coaching front.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeljim wrote:I think Freeze needs to stop letting friendship get in the way and bring in some assistants that belong in the SEC. Right now we have some coaches that have no business coaching in this league, they are in way over their head. Both defensive and special teams are a disaster. Just look at the stats, we are near the bottom in EVERY defensive catagory. Ranked 100 something in every catagory. And our special teams are as bad as they come. Our recruiting on the defensive side of the ball is sorry, not much talent on that side of the ball. Way to many misses and not enough hits. We are really is missing Tom Allen. And we had the chance to maybe get McGriff back, bit didn't. He's now at awbarn. Needs new blood badly in the coaching front.
Special teams haven't been the same since Tom Allen left. Our run blocking problems are more "philosophical" than physical or coaching. Kids aren't use to being in a 3-point stance and drive blocking. I say put in a triple-option package for Pellerin for short yardage situations.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"