Turnovers!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bbolden
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

If we stop the turnovers we would probably win every game!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

No. We took care of the ball. Yes we had a big one but the one at the end, you can't help. Well, let me correct, it wasn't an interception that was a bad read, it was our biggest problem's fault....Oline play. The only time we moved the ball was on explosive plays. We had a bunch, but could never establish a solid drive. Just like against FSU, chad had someone hit him in the chin seemed like every play.
bbolden
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Everything that you are saying is true but we have to stop the turnovers. No turnovers we win.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Well, I just don't think that was the problem today at all. I think we had 2 today. The fumble by kelly at their goaline, which I really can't place blame on because he was hit from behind trying to make a play. A hit that is probably a fumble by anyone 90% of the time and then the interception when Chad was hit on a sack.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1. First down play calling was not good.. We needed to run enough to keep them honest, that did not mean we had to run every 1st down and pass every 2nd and 3rd.. It is ok to pass on first down...
2. Turnovers were killers. The fumble with Chad he has to eat.
3. OL is not good, we all knew that would probably be the case, but they have to try to get some movement.
4. We are awful at LB and thin in the secondary. I thought the secondary played better at times today, but we had no QB or run support.
5. Bama scored 3 non offensive touchdowns. ( punt return, fumble recovery for td, pick 6)
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

GEEZ!!! I wanted to throw my tv every time I saw that same draw play on first down!!! If it didn't work the first 12 times, why keep on doing it? d***, I sound like an LSU fan.

I keep beating a dead horse but I really believe there has to be some kind of change at OLine. Whether it's coaching, personal, or just different blocking schemes, try something because we won't be winning unless it improves. We've had this problem for a while and I'm not seeing much improvement, tired of hearing the same we are young and inexperienced year after year.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Freeze needs to get rid of some friends and bring in some SEC caliber asststants. Wommack has no business being here. He had us in a 4 man front most downs, with some 3 man fronts thrown in for good measure. Bama's last drive to run out the clock, our LB"s were at least 4 yards of the los. And we were in a 4 man front. Our special teams are a joke. So other than Kiffin, we need to replace special team and defensive coaches. Luke need's to go also. And Freeze needs to be told to quit sitting on a lead. If he doesn't change assistants, it could cost him.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Freeze needs to get rid of some friends and bring in some SEC caliber asststants. Wommack has no business being here. He had us in a 4 man front most downs, with some 3 man fronts thrown in for good measure. Bama's last drive to run out the clock, our LB"s were at least 4 yards of the los. And we were in a 4 man front. Our special teams are a joke. So other than Kiffin, we need to replace special team and defensive coaches. Luke need's to go also. And Freeze needs to be told to quit sitting on a lead. If he doesn't change assistants, it could cost him.
I think he's Losing a lot of "friends", just none of the ones you mentioned.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Turnovers will beat you. They have been a major contribution to both losses so far. Freeze can take his pick of any available coaching job he is interested in. I would say that there probably isn't a half dozen teams in the nation that have shown the improvement OM has in the four short years he's been here. Turnovers and time of possession is the reason for both losses. You have to run the ball even if you don't make a yard. It gives your defense a little more time before they have to come back on the field.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:Turnovers will beat you. They have been a major contribution to both losses so far. Freeze can take his pick of any available coaching job he is interested in. I would say that there probably isn't a half dozen teams in the nation that have shown the improvement OM has in the four short years he's been here. Turnovers and time of possession is the reason for both losses. You have to run the ball even if you don't make a yard. It gives your defense a little more time before they have to come back on the field.

I'm still waiting on how that works. The problem with time of possession with us is 3 and outs. Running the ball won't help. Why? Watch the play clock. Normally it's below 12 seconds when the ball is snapped. That is not hurry up. It is no huddle so their d must be ready but it's not hurry up offense. Too many consecutive 3 and outs kills our actual playing time