Georgia??

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Goroth

Making another team look like a FCS team. Don't understand this team. Maybe this can be the catalyst?
Goroth

Finally feels good to see a solid weekend of football. A lot of good things to talk about after this game.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yes. They played like enough was enough. Now hang a hundred on Memphis just cause of their fans and get flat out mad about 4th and 25.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Good game today. Not sure how good Georgia really is but thought we played like we thought we could this year. Chad did a great job with the ball and got rid of it when he needed a couple of times. Defense was good but Georgia helped us a few times. Not gonna complain because we came out and took care of business. Proud of Freeze for not letting up until we had 30+ point lead to let some underclass men get quality reps.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Difference in this game and the two losses is we didn't turn the ball over at QB starting the second half, which killed us. Kelly corrected this in this game and only forced one pass that I remember in the game which went for a TD right after the DE tried to take his head off. Memphis is the next undefeated team to play and we will need to be ready for this group which averages over 50 points a game, while giving up only 9 points a game. Of course, they haven't played the competition we have, but no one knows how good they are. We will Saturday.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

We didn't lose those games on turnovers. We were dominated at the line of scrimmage plain and simple. If you can't win the most important battle on the field, you're going to struggle. I agree that turnovers are HUGE but can't blame Kelly one bit for them. He has to get help and not have a 6'4"-280lb +, defender in his face every play. We also ran the ball better against Georgia. I saw improvement in areas against Georgia but I just don't think they're a top 25 team. Hope I'm wrong and we're just getting better.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

As I said without Kelly we would not have been in position without Chad. When you are in a tight game, many are involved in critical stages of the game where the table is turned. Fla. State game was swung in the first 5 minutes of the second half per HF and we couldn't pull it out. True that the OL lost the 2nd half battle, but instead of taking what was given which was short passes where the blitzes were coming from to start the half, we were looking for the 10+ yd pass which with our OL not blocking well did not give the receivers time to get down field to get a pass. Look at the film again. In the Bama game the hit from the right by the DE after our right OT missed the block entirely Chad was passing to an open receiver when the DE hit him causing the flutter passes to the right DT for Bama who ran it back for 7 pts. 76 yds. Which was a potential 14 point swing. In both cases it was some untimely luck. You have your opinion and I have mine. In both cases Chad blamed himself and said so. To me without Chad we would mot have been in the game, pure and simple. We still have the opportunity to have a good season and even win out, but it is true that games are won in the trenches.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Well, after reading that I agree. It's what I'm saying basically. Our Oline play has been terrible and our offense isn't adjusting. Whether it be playcalling(which is what I see) or chads decisions, we can't execute our offense. I don't disagree with simple swing passes and short routes, but eventually good coaches/defenses will adjust, play man and jam our receivers, then we have no offense at all. Like I said, I can't say turnovers didn't play a role in the losses, but Im saying it boils down to Oline problems.