Need a new defensive coordinator or a new

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GtownRebel
All American
All American

A new strength coach. Too much cover 2 and prevent defense. DL is worn out halfway through 4th w.r.t. Only saving grace is Kelly and running backs. No real defense playing to me...same old song by Womack.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Disagree to some extent. We're playing a great deal of base defense trying not to expose our young DBs. Problem is, we're not getting pressure by only rushing our front 4. Much of this stems from Freeze's emphasis of not giving up big plays. That's a deadly combination...no pass rush and soft coverage. As for the conditioning, one way or another (3 and out or quick score) our defense is usually off the field for a total of 3-6 plays. If Freeze intends to continue his tempo offense, he'd better recruit DLs 2 to 1 over OLs in the future.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

It seems like every aspect of OM football has improved a lot from when CHF came except for the over all defense. Yes, the defensive line is pretty good but in year four we should have a lot better linebackers than we have and the back of the secondary is too thin. I understand that you have to play who you can recruit but it's hard for me to believe we shouldn't be better in these areas right now. If you are really going to compete in the SEC you have to be strong defensively and over all this group is average at best.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We knew lb wasn't going to be perfect. Our d backs are very young but I see improvement every play. I also think they have stayed in the safest defenses giving our d backs time to learn. I expect a few new things to materialize for the 3 up coming games. Winning all 3 could end up huge. Bama won't go undefeated. We are not out of this yet
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:We knew lb wasn't going to be perfect. Our d backs are very young but I see improvement every play. I also think they have stayed in the safest defenses giving our d backs time to learn. I expect a few new things to materialize for the 3 up coming games. Winning all 3 could end up huge. Bama won't go undefeated. We are not out of this yet

LB is as bad is it has been since I can remember. Think of a worse LB core. That is the weak spot of of the team. Secondary is just young.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
bbqit wrote:We knew lb wasn't going to be perfect. Our d backs are very young but I see improvement every play. I also think they have stayed in the safest defenses giving our d backs time to learn. I expect a few new things to materialize for the 3 up coming games. Winning all 3 could end up huge. Bama won't go undefeated. We are not out of this yet

LB is as bad is it has been since I can remember. Think of a worse LB core. That is the weak spot of of the team. Secondary is just young.
Lb are smart but not as fast as I would wish. Their brains might help over come the speed as season goes
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

Lb are smart but not as fast as I would wish. Their brains might help over come the speed as season goes
If u are banking on that, afraid u might be disappointed. Most our LB'S on our team are plan C guys, cause the ones we were after went elsewhere. I just hope we hang onto gay, cause I have my doubts he sticks with us.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food