Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Goroth

Seriously how bad is this so far.
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

time to make a change in leadership on that side of the ball
Just another day being better than State.
Goroth

Not sure what Freeze is doing now. Why would you go for it at all at right there at this point. You already blew it once.
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

the whole team looks unprepared and scared.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebel556677 wrote:the whole team looks unprepared and scared.
Yep
Goroth

Another second half collapse so far.
Goroth

Guess I can start to hold my breath here.
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

terrible, terrible loss. What did they do for two weeks? we can kiss any kind of reputable recruiting class goodbye.
Goroth

rebel556677 wrote:terrible, terrible loss. What did they do for two weeks? we can kiss any kind of reputable recruiting class goodbye.
Don't know that I would go that far. Still have a top talent waiting to go at QB. Plus all the talent at WR. Just need some defensive help and a new DC.

But it is just embarrassing how much Freeze is out coached in 2nd halves. He completely just blows it sometimes.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

He's good but not prime time yet. So many idiotic mistakes.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Ever since Allen left the defense and is now co-DC at Indiana, our defense recruiting and play has dropped off seriously. Something needs to be done.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:Ever since Allen left the defense and is now co-DC at Indiana, our defense recruiting and play has dropped off seriously. Something needs to be done.

I think you are giving Allen too much credit. I think a lot of it was just having studs in the secondary, who made a scheme look better than it was. I also think Mcgriff is a heck of a DB coach. I think the Arkansas OC, Enos, is quietly one of the best in the conference. He owns DW. Arkansas has our number, and I don't see it changing unless we make some changes. Previous posters are correct, we need some changes on D and OL coaching has to change. We cannot line up and run over juco teams. If you can't control the LOS, finesse only goes so far.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think it's obvious that we need new blood. Both the defense and special teams need new coaches. Also think we need a new oline coach. Doubt Freeze does much, if anything, as for as bringing in new assistants. Freeze needs to take a long look at what happened to Cut when he refused to get rid of any friends on his staff.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I don't think Freeze feels any pressure to make changes at this point. He came in and transformed a 2-10 team into two new years day bowl games in four years. His team has been a constant top twenty five team for the past two to three years and can compete with any team in the nation right now. I may be totally off base but I'm fairly certain he would be in serious consideration for any job he would be interested in. I think in his mind his program is right on schedule and that he only needs for some of his young players to grow up. I think it is some of the Rebel fan base that takes what he has done here for granted. It's easy to second guess a coach over the internet but he is playing the game for real. The coaches being suggested he fire are real people with real families and I'm sure he feels loyalty to them. What CHF has already done in his coaching career is remarkable. Yes, this defense isn't as good as it was last year and yes, it is frustrating to watch them not be able to get off the field on third down but this is still a pretty good football team. I may be in the minority but I don't know who I'd rather have as head coach.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I was calling for this dude's head after Arky game last year......and i got slammed for it.....
To beat Arky you have to stack the box and take away the run....MAKE them beat you with the pass.....these guys were balanced all day setting up the pass with the run and what's worse.....we knew what they would do and didnt have a plan to stop it. The defense is a dumpster fire and needs to be dealt with......fire the old guy, he's past his prime.