We need to consider a self imposed ban this year

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Before you go nuts let me explain : despite what many rebel fans like to think , the NCAA can very much impose a ban for the 2017 season . That penalty is absolutely in the cards and if there's even a small chance that happens we must be prepared and go ahead and self impose a ban for this year . And here's the good news : it won't matter at all. This team is a 7-5 or 6-6 football team . We are going to get skull screwed in Baton rogue next week to the tune of 400 yards rushing . We will likewise get hammered in college station . We then have to somehow defeat a better auburn team and then go on the road to beat a vandy team that is much improved and has the type of defense that can force turnover Kelly to commit turnovers to lose is the game like he has all season long . Why in the heck would we risk a 2017 ban when we can save our players and fans from going to a crappy music city or liberty bowl this year ? Our program is past crappy bowls like that . It's embarrassing to even consider going to a bowl like that when we should be in a New Years bowl. We can save recruiting by taking the ban because no big name guys will sign with us if we have a bowl ban next year . None . We will just have a bunch of 3 star guys that take two years to turn into starters .
Goroth

I think it is still possible to see the team win out. Texas A&M is the biggest question. If they do the New Years bowl is still open.

But we are now projected for the Music City Bowl. Which isn't something I will be going to again.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Goroth let me ask you this : if we lose to Lsu next week we will be 3-4, 1-3 in the conference . Would you then be in favor of self imposing a ban if it meant avoiding one next year ?
Goroth

I don't see a ban coming myself, anything is possible. But if the powers that be know that one is coming. Then I am in favor of it this year versus next year.

But the whole point of the comment was to assume this team still has a chance. It's hard to not believe when you have to wait so long for next season. Every game is winnable....
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

$300 and a loaner car should not get a bowl ban. If it does then let the lawyers get fat from suing the hell out of the NCAA. Hell Bama clearly bribed a DA over the summer and what was it 180K shelled out by Auby to get Cam
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

fenderman wrote:$300 and a loaner car should not get a bowl ban. If it does then let the lawyers get fat from suing the hell out of the NCAA. Hell Bama clearly bribed a DA over the summer and what was it 180K shelled out by Auby to get Cam
Sorry to say what u said is not all of it. We are facing more than that.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Other than Nutt fixing ACT scores, which we should not be penalized for, I have not seen anything credible that should amount to much. The conspiracy theories by the MooU fans are pretty funny. I did hear on local ESPN radio here that the asst that Bama fired was pleading with the NCAA keep his job, so that was much more than a phone call.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We had Freeze and a booster go to a recruits home at the same time. Also gave recruits rides. These were over some church activities. It's all a bunch of petty crap. Not sure which instance, get them confused, but the recruits that were listed in one of the infractions was a 2* and a walk on. We'll see what happens, hopefully not much, but the ncaa sure is trying.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The sanctions are being imposed RIGHT NOW. In the form of holding the program hostage and ruining recruiting. They don't have anything of substance, so this is what they CAN and WILL do. That's my opinion of this mess.
Some Random Dude
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Yes that's what I see too. They are holding us hostage and killing recruiting now. Its a sham
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:The sanctions are being imposed RIGHT NOW. In the form of holding the program hostage and ruining recruiting. They don't have anything of substance, so this is what they CAN and WILL do. That's my opinion of this mess.
I agree 100%. the ncaa knows exactly what they're doing. They can't prove much of anything, so they'll just drag this on until next year.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

However if I we could trade the 12 schollies for a Birmingham Bowl bid ban, that would work fine