Can't Stop The Run!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:
WildRebel wrote:Yes he has said that numerous times. Looks to me like we've gotten lost on our journey.

Speaking on his press conference, every time we lose I hear him blame a lot on injuries. While this may be true in areas(I won't even try to argue it doesn't mean anything) I'm tired of hearing it. This is where recruiting/coaching comes into play. It seems the ones that are behind on the depth chart are clueless when they step in.
Just the ones lower on the depth chart? It seems like no one on defense knows what's going on.

Two words will tell you why we are so bad on defense: Channing Ward. Dude wasn't good enough to start for Ole Miss, but he's good enough to start in the NFL? Either our coaches aren't doing a good job of coaching him in our scheme, or they are HORRIBLE evaluators of talent on that side of the ball.

Some folks on RebelGrove say they have sources that say changes are coming on that side of the ball. Fingers crossed.
Hearing on both scout and a private board that Wommack will probably retire after the season. That'll be great news, but more need to leave.
Whoever is brought in needs to be able to hire their own staff. Of course, those coaches need to buy into what Freeze is selling, but the new DC should be able to decide if the current pos. coaches should stay or others need to be brought in.

Probably new OL and WR coaches are needed. But, I don't see that happening.
Some Random Dude
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:Easy y'all. There will more than likely be changes but it won't be done with an axe. Don't want that rep. Find them another job and let them decide it's a good idea to take it.
Um where? Northeast Junior college? Who would want them?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Totally agree Eric, If we get a new dc, he has to have control over who he brings in, with the stipulation on what kind of person Freeze wants here. Luke either needs to go, or at least moved somewhere else. We need to RUN THE DANG BALL. And don't forget about our non existent special teams unit. Needs fixing. Bout need a whole new staff for Freeze.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

From what I understand, Luke is a heck of a recruiter so maybe Freeze can move him elsewhere and bring in someone to improve our Oline. As others have stated, sounds like Womack will be gone at the end of the year so we'll see what happens.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:From what I understand, Luke is a heck of a recruiter so maybe Freeze can move him elsewhere and bring in someone to improve our Oline. As others have stated, sounds like Womack will be gone at the end of the year so we'll see what happens.
Luke needs to be a recruiting co-coordinator and the Centers coach....and thats it. He's a legacy and an Ole Miss football legend....he will not be fired.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
bbqit wrote:Easy y'all. There will more than likely be changes but it won't be done with an axe. Don't want that rep. Find them another job and let them decide it's a good idea to take it.
Um where? Northeast Junior college? Who would want them?
don't care. give him a job as your yard man.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If Luke were gone tomorrow, we'd be ok.
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Boy we are looking bad tonight, appears we will have to fight those BULLIES next week for a chance at the Weed Eater bowl. Oh well it's football.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrhawki wrote:Boy we are looking bad tonight, appears we will have to fight those BULLIES next week for a chance at the Weed Eater bowl. Oh well it's football.
No my friend, what we're playing right now ain't football! It's a disgrace to the game!
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

proud2breb wrote:Hugh Freeze has lost this team! Commits will start dropping like flies!
Commits have already dropped like flies . We only have a couple of defensive commits and our best 3 de committed the last two weeks .