Can't Stop The Run!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Why do we always look like our quarterback looks like his uniform is on fire and the other QB's in the conference play with a cool demenor?
Just another day being better than State.
Goroth

No Oline, no run game, no Pressure, no LB, no solid CB coverage, not able to tackle. Not even close to effective coaching.

This team, that we all had to wach, had absolutely nothing to offer last night. I fear the MSU game at this point.

Someone find out if OM is the worst 2nd half team in the nation. They have to be.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Freeze better make SEVERAL coaching changes after this season. He needs to make whole sale changes to the staff.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

The toughest team we have to play each game is the defensive side of the ball, both the athletes and the staff.
Just another day being better than State.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebeljim wrote:Freeze better make SEVERAL coaching changes after this season. He needs to make whole sale changes to the staff.
This will be the only way we get better. If nothing is done in the offseason then my faith in Freeze will start to leave. I admit, I was probably one of the ones bashing those who complained about some coaches a couple of years ago. I've stood behind them before and used the old look where we were just a short time ago, but that time is passed. We should be getting better and we're not. I listened to Feeze's post game and he was talking about expectations(assumingly from fans) and how they are unrealistic sometimes, but cmon coach, you are a top 10 highest paid coach in all of NCAA football, don't you think that comes with the territory? A 5+ loss season doesn't cut it. I just don't see us being much better in the future either.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

where was Speaks yesterday?
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

WildRebel wrote:
rebeljim wrote:Freeze better make SEVERAL coaching changes after this season. He needs to make whole sale changes to the staff.
This will be the only way we get better. If nothing is done in the offseason then my faith in Freeze will start to leave. I admit, I was probably one of the ones bashing those who complained about some coaches a couple of years ago. I've stood behind them before and used the old look where we were just a short time ago, but that time is passed. We should be getting better and we're not. I listened to Feeze's post game and he was talking about expectations(assumingly from fans) and how they are unrealistic sometimes, but cmon coach, you are a top 10 highest paid coach in all of NCAA football, don't you think that comes with the territory? A 5+ loss season doesn't cut it. I just don't see us being much better in the future either.
Yeah he needs to start putting in the 14 hour days like the other coaches that get paid this much $$
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

:evil:
fenderman wrote:where was Speaks yesterday?
In the dog house along with a couple more.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebel556677 wrote:Why do we always look like our quarterback looks like his uniform is on fire and the other QB's in the conference play with a cool demenor?
I have no problem with CK's demeanor.....they said the same thing about Peyton...."plays with antsy feet" etc....
Our problem is defense and O-line......
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Freeze needs to basically overhaul his entire staff. Need a new DC, and he brings in his own coaches. Need new special team coaches, for obvious reasons. Beginning to think we need a new OC, since we have no idea how to make half time adjustments. Even if we don't get a new OC, definitely need a new oline coach. We haven't been able to run the ball since Freeze arrived. If Freeze refuses to do any of this, then he should be placed on the hot seat, either produce next season, or be gone. And this is coming from someone who said we made a home run hire when we got Freeze. If things aren't turned around in a hurry, between inept coaches and the ncaa bs, we could really fall back quickly.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Easy y'all. There will more than likely be changes but it won't be done with an axe. Don't want that rep. Find them another job and let them decide it's a good idea to take it.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

WildRebel wrote:

As for the unrealistic expectations: I believe it was CHF who said we were ahead of schedule on this journey.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Yes he has said that numerous times. Looks to me like we've gotten lost on our journey.

Speaking on his press conference, every time we lose I hear him blame a lot on injuries. While this may be true in areas(I won't even try to argue it doesn't mean anything) I'm tired of hearing it. This is where recruiting/coaching comes into play. It seems the ones that are behind on the depth chart are clueless when they step in.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:Yes he has said that numerous times. Looks to me like we've gotten lost on our journey.

Speaking on his press conference, every time we lose I hear him blame a lot on injuries. While this may be true in areas(I won't even try to argue it doesn't mean anything) I'm tired of hearing it. This is where recruiting/coaching comes into play. It seems the ones that are behind on the depth chart are clueless when they step in.
Just the ones lower on the depth chart? It seems like no one on defense knows what's going on.

Two words will tell you why we are so bad on defense: Channing Ward. Dude wasn't good enough to start for Ole Miss, but he's good enough to start in the NFL? Either our coaches aren't doing a good job of coaching him in our scheme, or they are HORRIBLE evaluators of talent on that side of the ball.

Some folks on RebelGrove say they have sources that say changes are coming on that side of the ball. Fingers crossed.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
WildRebel wrote:Yes he has said that numerous times. Looks to me like we've gotten lost on our journey.

Just the ones lower on the depth chart? It seems like no one on defense knows what's going on.

Two words will tell you why we are so bad on defense: Channing Ward. Dude wasn't good enough to start for Ole Miss, but he's good enough to start in the NFL? Either our coaches aren't doing a good job of coaching him in our scheme, or they are HORRIBLE evaluators of talent on that side of the ball.

Some folks on RebelGrove say they have sources that say changes are coming on that side of the ball. Fingers crossed.
Hearing on both scout and a private board that Wommack will probably retire after the season. That'll be great news, but more need to leave.