How much more ineptitude will it take?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Here is the absolute truth : if Hugh freeze refuses to make serious changes to get rid of the multiple coaches that need to be fired and we finish the season 5-7 then he is 100% coaching for his job next season . The fact of the matter is he may already be on his way out because word on the street is the NCAA actually is going to hammer us and when that happens we will face a possible 2017 bowl ban and massive scholarship losses . It takes programs 3-4 years to recover from that and this seasons ineptitude will make it impossible for us to be patient enough to allow him to stick it out all those years . He has made too many bone headed mistakes so no matter the circumstances he dang well better win at least 8 games next season , bowl ban or not . He also better show serious improvement in both game planning and recruiting . The impending probation is no excuse .
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I think its time for Archie to get the search committee together and start looking around, My advice is go to Tom Herman at Houston and give him anything he wants but ain't no coach thats worth anything coming to Ole Miss with the probation thats coming (thanks Freeze).
ITS TIME, HUGH FREEZE HAS GOT TO GO!!!!
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

GeorgiaREB wrote:I think its time for Archie to get the search committee together and start looking around, My advice is go to Tom Herman at Houston and give him anything he wants but ain't no coach thats worth anything coming to Ole Miss with the probation thats coming (thanks Freeze).
If you think Tom Herman would come to Ole Miss for any amount of money if HF was fired tomorrow you must be smoking crack. Cutcliffe had one bad year and was fired and CHF built a 2-10 program into a new years eve bowl followed by a new years day bowl in years three and four. After one bad year if you fire him you deserve exactly what you get in terms of a new coach. Tom Herman is probably going to wind up at LSU if they can't lure Jimbo home. One thing is for certain though, he won't be coming to Ole Miss.
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

55chevy wrote:
GeorgiaREB wrote:I think its time for Archie to get the search committee together and start looking around, My advice is go to Tom Herman at Houston and give him anything he wants but ain't no coach thats worth anything coming to Ole Miss with the probation thats coming (thanks Freeze).
If you think Tom Herman would come to Ole Miss for any amount of money if HF was fired tomorrow you must be smoking crack. Cutcliffe had one bad year and was fired and CHF built a 2-10 program into a new years eve bowl followed by a new years day bowl in years three and four. After one bad year if you fire him you deserve exactly what you get in terms of a new coach. Tom Herman is probably going to wind up at LSU if they can't lure Jimbo home. One thing is for certain though, he won't be coming to Ole Miss.

WTH are you talking about? Do you have the ability to read and understand try rereading
My advice is go to Tom Herman at Houston and give him anything he wants but ain't no coach thats worth anything coming to Ole Miss with the probation thats coming (thanks Freeze).
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I have no problem with CHF ability to coach or recruit its his lack of consistency in doing his job and getting this team ready week in and week out. FOR THIS REASON AND THE PROBATION THATS COMING CHF MUST BE FIRED
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

GeorgiaREB wrote:I have no problem with CHF ability to coach or recruit its his lack of consistency in doing his job and getting this team ready week in and week out. FOR THIS REASON AND THE PROBATION THATS COMING CHF MUST BE FIRED
Well, until the probation is actually administered it is all in doubt. I know my opinion amounts to nothing but I think we would be stupid to fire Freeze at this point. If you fire him he will go on to coach and build another program and we will hire a inferior coach to the one who is leaving. It is a lose lose at this point. And I may not be hi-lee ed u makated but I can read. You said "My advice is go to Tom Herman at Houston and give him anything he wants" to which I said he's not coming. I'll ask again. Who do you think we could actually hire who would be a upgrade to what we have right now. Not who we want but who would actually come.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The "win-win" is fire Freeze today and name Chad Kelly as interim head coach for the Egg Bowl! Release a statement that Freeze's firing is related to the ongoing NCAA Investigation, and maybe they cut us a break or just pack up find another home!
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Please tell me the Chad Kelly remark is a joke. You can't be serious can you. I still haven't heard one name on who anybody thinks would be a upgrade that would actually consider coming.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yes, the "Chad Kelly" remark was a joke! My point is that Hugh Freeze has obviously lost this team,and any breathing primate who can spell "Football" has as good of a chance as Hugh to pull off a win versus Mississippi State.
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

fire hugh freeze before the EGG BOWL is over 27 to 10
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Right now I'm ready to fire the entire staff. This just sucks.

edit to add: Don't want Freeze fired, was just mad. But a lot of staff changes do need to be made.
Last edited by rebeljim on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Goroth

I am still holding my breathe that something positive happens this season.

But I am ready to see a lot of changes either way.
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

55chevy wrote:
GeorgiaREB wrote:I have no problem with CHF ability to coach or recruit its his lack of consistency in doing his job and getting this team ready week in and week out. FOR THIS REASON AND THE PROBATION THATS COMING CHF MUST BE FIRED
Well, until the probation is actually administered it is all in doubt. I know my opinion amounts to nothing but I think we would be stupid to fire Freeze at this point. If you fire him he will go on to coach and build another program and we will hire a inferior coach to the one who is leaving. It is a lose lose at this point. And I may not be hi-lee ed u makated but I can read. You said "My advice is go to Tom Herman at Houston and give him anything he wants" to which I said he's not coming. I'll ask again. Who do you think we could actually hire who would be a upgrade to what we have right now. Not who we want but who would actually come.
I hear Charlie Strong is available, I dont like the idea of hiring a coach that was just fired but I dont think a coach would have to be that good to be a upgrade to Hugh Freeze based on what Freeze has produced on the field this year
Goroth

I told people the last 2 years that HF peaked to fast. That if he has a fall off people will want his head. Now here we are couple years later and that is what it is.

There are only a few teams in the entire country that don't have a fall off some years. I can't just throw away a coach after 1 bad year. If this is a losing season then it looks a lot worse. He really needs to find a way to win this game. He has some changes to make at the end of the year. Hopefully he makes them and the entire staff and team improves.

The possible infractions is the only thing, that I see, that could derail his train early.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Right now I'm ready to fire the entire staff. This just sucks.

edit to add: Don't want Freeze fired, was just mad. But a lot of staff changes do need to be made.

Double edit to add: After watching that second half, wouldn't bother me in the lest if we did fire the whole staff. No excuse, NONE in that performance. We are the worst team in the entire SEC, we are last in the entire SEC in recruiting, and we have the worst assistants in the entire SEC. Freeze looks lost and dis-interested on the sidelines. Getting rid of the whole staff might help out on the ncaa that seems determined to get Freeze. After tonight, nothing should be off the table.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food