am I hearing wrong and assuming too much

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

is there some talk or rumor that Chris Kiffen is moving on? Am I missing something? I figured there might be coaching changes on our staff but wasn't expecting it to be him.
Later,
Hagar
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:is there some talk or rumor that Chris Kiffen is moving on? Am I missing something? I figured there might be coaching changes on our staff but wasn't expecting it to be him.
Good chance Wommack won't be here next year, may retire. And if he doesn't return, odds are the new DC will bring in his own assistants. Kiffin hasn't shown me much this year, but neither has any of the other coaches. Hope Freeze makes a MAJOR overhaul of his staff.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I hope your wrong about Kiffen. He has been the best DC line coach since I can remember.
Later,
Hagar
umrebel96
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Maybe he thought he was in line to succeed Wommack and now he sees that's not gonna happen. Maybe he's unsure of his role under a new DC. Maybe he thinks Lane will get a head job and wants to go with him.
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

He just bought a larger house this summer so it would be a recent decision and doubt it's true
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

steve nichols wrote:He just bought a larger house this summer so it would be a recent decision and doubt it's true
I know he just bought that house, but I'm telling u all the rumors I've seen have us getting a new DC. And usually the new DC brings in his own coaches. We'll see how this plays out, but I'll be shocked if Wommack is here next year.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Like someone else mentioned, Kiffen hasn't impressed me a ton since he's been here. We've had a bunch of talent at Dline and not much results from them. I've heard the players like him so we'll see how it goes.
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Rumors I've heard are Werner and Womack will retire. Also rumors about 1 to 2 defensive coaches but no names.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

steve nichols wrote:Rumors I've heard are Werner and Womack will retire. Also rumors about 1 to 2 defensive coaches but no names.
Correct, the rumor is both will be gone at season's end. Also look for more coaches to resign to keep from being fired.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This level of meltdown starts at the top! Freeze buys himself 4 more years by effectively cleaning house. I don't think for a minute it was Werner who made the decision to quit scoring when your up 3 TD's. That was Hugh's master plan. I'm not going to shed a tear for Werner or Womack, but unless Hugh's philosophy changes this simply delays the inevitable.