Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

What a thrill it was to watch this guy warm up in the second half and take us to victory! Winning the next two and a bowl game will sure salvage this disappointing season. Making some changes in the defensive staff would put us in great position to challenge the way we did in 2015. Thanks for recruiting this young man, Freeze!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It's nice when we start saying a disappointing season was 7-5. I can deal with that. That 3 win season being called the disappointing season sucks.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:It's nice when we start saying a disappointing season was 7-5. I can deal with that. That 3 win season being called the disappointing season sucks.
No offense, but this is his mediocrity is born. When a fan base is "satisfied" with 6-6 or 7-5, then 5-7 isn't terrible, and soon 4-8 is reasonable, and 3-9 is a rebuilding year.

We all lived through the bad years, and we can't go back there. We have the talent on our roster for a 10-2 or better. Does anyone question that?
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
bbqit wrote:It's nice when we start saying a disappointing season was 7-5. I can deal with that. That 3 win season being called the disappointing season sucks.
No offense, but this is his mediocrity is born. When a fan base is "satisfied" with 6-6 or 7-5, then 5-7 isn't terrible, and soon 4-8 is reasonable, and 3-9 is a rebuilding year.

We all lived through the bad years, and we can't go back there. We have the talent on our roster for a 10-2 or better. Does anyone question that?

You think we have the talent at LB and secondary to go 10-2? The OL was not good starting out and they are decimated with injuries... Bartender, pour me a glass of what this guy is having... You say you remember going through the "bad years".. Did you forget how we got there? We got spoiled with winning with Cutt, wanted to take that "next step", hired a bafoon and paid a stupid tax.. Got a recycled has been with baggage and paid more stupid tax... I agree there needs to be some staff changes, and we have to start winning some recruiting battles or at least recruit need at a couple of positions, but don't act Bama's fan base..
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Some guys aren't going to be satisfied with anything less than wining every game every year. There isn't anything wrong with wanting more but with the O line, secondary and linebacker problems this year I can see where a 7-5 season isn't that terrible. Throw in a bowl win for eight wins and while not what we were hoping for it isn't terrible. I thought Patterson played about as good as could be expected and the future looks bright.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I think the problem with our fan base is some of the things I see here. Were used to losing and settle for mediocrity. I do believe we have the talent to beat anyone on our schedule...yes. There are teams that haven't recruited like us these last few years that can win games, so why are we blowing 21 point leads and losing to teams that I know we can beat? Coaching. Freeze is a likeable guy and has done a tremendous job here. But, to look past the obvious issues we have with coaching is not gonna fix the problem. I can promise you, the people paying that +5 million salary aren't...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm pretty sure we're going to have some coaching changes this off season. U can't argue with the Willie gay interview, and that is being used against us. We also had another decommit last night, Markel Winters. A big loss. We have got to get better coaches on defense and special teams. Wish we would do something about our oline, but Freeze likes Matt to much to fire him. Hoping the rumors of Wommack retiring is true. He HAS to go.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Totally agree. This class is gonna be bad. We may get a few hidden gems and maybe a stud or 2 but this is not what we needed, especially at this point. I'm afraid we may be feeling the effects from this class for a while. Can't afford to miss out on top classes in this league. Recruiting is where the SEC is made.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:

You think we have the talent at LB and secondary to go 10-2? The OL was not good starting out and they are decimated with injuries... Bartender, pour me a glass of what this guy is having... You say you remember going through the "bad years".. Did you forget how we got there? We got spoiled with winning with Cutt, wanted to take that "next step", hired a bafoon and paid a stupid tax.. Got a recycled has been with baggage and paid more stupid tax... I agree there needs to be some staff changes, and we have to start winning some recruiting battles or at least recruit need at a couple of positions, but don't act Bama's fan base..
The OL has not been developed since Luke got here. Conditioning is the reason we've got so many injuries. Coaching cost us at least 3 of our 5 losses so far. And if there are holes in the talent pool, that's entirely this coaching staffs fault.

I think the talent is there, but has not been developed. Cutt sure as hell didn't "spoil" me. My favorite quote from Inception comes to mind... "You've got to dream a little bigger..."
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:I'm pretty sure we're going to have some coaching changes this off season. U can't argue with the Willie gay interview, and that is being used against us. We also had another decommit last night, Markel Winters. A big loss. We have got to get better coaches on defense and special teams. Wish we would do something about our oline, but Freeze likes Matt to much to fire him. Hoping the rumors of Wommack retiring is true. He HAS to go.
Freeze likes all of his "friends" too much to fire them. Heck, he's too nice to fire his enemies, or even let the offense operate with a 3 TD lead (need I remind you of FSU and Bama). I'm ready for a coach that's mean as a snake, that wins football games!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:I think the problem with our fan base is some of the things I see here. Were used to losing and settle for mediocrity. I do believe we have the talent to beat anyone on our schedule...yes. There are teams that haven't recruited like us these last few years that can win games, so why are we blowing 21 point leads and losing to teams that I know we can beat? Coaching. Freeze is a likeable guy and has done a tremendous job here. But, to look past the obvious issues we have with coaching is not gonna fix the problem. I can promise you, the people paying that +5 million salary aren't...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
This is truth!