FIRE HUGH FREEZE

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Heath wrote:As upset as I am, I would not want to get rid of Freeze. He, really and truly, has done pretty well at a school that is known for being a powerhouse. And, I definitely don't want to be like LSU and Georgia, and fire good coaches, to hire inferior ones, just because we can't win the West with Saban at Alabama. However, some changes do need to be made, and with Wommack "retiring", those changes are starting.
^^this^^ is a fair statement. We had as tough a schedule as could be laid out. Then the injuries. I still expected at least 7-5 but didn't happen. Let the man do his job. Trust me, even if we only lost 3 games and those games were Lsu, ark and msu he would still catch heat and know it was coming. Well we lost that and more so don't think for a second he isn't already working on next year. This is a good year to enjoy the holidays without worrying about anything. Freeze doesn't want to lose a $4 mil dream job so he will do what he can.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:
Heath wrote:As upset as I am, I would not want to get rid of Freeze. He, really and truly, has done pretty well at a school that is known for being a powerhouse. And, I definitely don't want to be like LSU and Georgia, and fire good coaches, to hire inferior ones, just because we can't win the West with Saban at Alabama. However, some changes do need to be made, and with Wommack "retiring", those changes are starting.
^^this^^ is a fair statement. We had as tough a schedule as could be laid out. Then the injuries. I still expected at least 7-5 but didn't happen. Let the man do his job. Trust me, even if we only lost 3 games and those games were Lsu, ark and msu he would still catch heat and know it was coming. Well we lost that and more so don't think for a second he isn't already working on next year. This is a good year to enjoy the holidays without worrying about anything. Freeze doesn't want to lose a $4 mil dream job so he will do what he can.
it's basically a $5 million "dream job".... That's $1 Million per win.

If anyone thinks Wommack was the only problem on our coaching staff, your kidding yourself. Freeze doesn't fire friends! Matt Luke must go or be reassigned. He's not going to accept a demotion, and Freeze won't fire him, so get used to our offensive line coach/assistant offense coordinator! Werner if he's really calling our plays needs to go. IMO, we need some youth on the coaching staff.
Goroth

At least we aren't Notre Dame.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:At least we aren't Notre Dame.
High five
Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lol nope, we ain't even Vandy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

State is going to a bowl game.

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Tcounty1 wrote:State is going to a bowl game.

Last night the rumors have them playing Navy in the Armed Forces Bowl. Navy will kill them.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:

Last night the rumors have them playing Navy in the Armed Forces Bowl. Navy will kill them.
Because Navy is so much more awesome than us? [emoji15] I know we're bad, but I don't see Navy dominating this game.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
rebeljim wrote:

Because Navy is so much more awesome than us? [emoji15] I know we're bad, but I don't see Navy dominating this game.
Navy would run our butts off the field, and they will run state's butt off the field. They scored 66 and 75 points the last 2 games they played. We could no more stop their running attack than a man in the moon. I hope they do play state, that should be fun to watch. They would beat us by double figures, and they'll beat state by double figures. They would probably get around 600 yards rushing against either one of us.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Last game Navy played they flashed the score across the screen and I thought it was a basketball score until I looked again. I also think Navy will run all over them. There's no way MSU handles the triple option Navy will throw at them.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think any thread stating fire freeze should be deleted until further losses multiply
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

bbqit wrote:I think any thread stating fire freeze should be deleted until further losses multiply
Ask and ye shall recieve!
Later,
Hagar