This isn't surprising, and very telling

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Tcounty1 wrote:Anyone want to post up next years schedule and pick out the wins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idle looks safe on Sept 23
Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

4-8 is generous

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:
Here's where we are after 5 years. A 19-21 SEC record. We are at the very bottom of the SEC, as in last place, and no doubt the worst team in the SEC.
In the 5 years before Freeze was hired we were 10-30 in SEC play and 2 of those 5 seasons we went 0-8.
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I've heard there are 6 players in the 2 deep that will be released haven't heard anything names but I would expect it may be the trouble maker's
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
Here's where we are after 5 years. A 19-21 SEC record. We are at the very bottom of the SEC, as in last place, and no doubt the worst team in the SEC.
In the 5 years before Freeze was hired we were 10-30 in SEC play and 2 of those 5 seasons we went 0-8.
We didn't go 0-8 2 different years, that's wrong. In my opinion, which means nothing, Freeze has one more year to turn this around. If he can't, he needs to go. What happened Saturday is a firing offense. Worst egg bowl lost in over 100 years. His grace period is over with. I'm beginning to wonder if he survives this ncaa bs. This recruiting class is going to be a joke, probably loaded with jucos. Hope he pulls it out, I'm pulling for him.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

WildRebel wrote:All the names you listed would be awesome but not 1 would come here unless we bring in a dump truck full of money, which doesn't happen for a coordinater, especially at Ole Miss. the first problem is we don't have the funds to bring it top tier coaches and then we have this big black cloud hovering over our program right now. Bjork needs to put his foot down and demand a decision from the NCAA. This has been going on far too long and it will continue to destroy us if they keep dragging their feet.

Read Bjork's 2016 response today.....he says ONE day we will get our say....Really???
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Yea, I read some of it. This whole "investigation" is utter BS. I won't pretend to know all the details and what's being said behind closed doors because none of us really do, but I feel like we've let them push us around. Sure, they are the overseers of college football and they make the rules that colleges must follow, but this is ridiculous. There isn't a program out there that is squeaky clean and they know that. Why in the hell are they going through Ole Miss with a fine tooth comb? We have to some how push the issue and get them off our backs by whatever means necessary. It sickens me that the big schools can basically prance around handing our improper benefits and numerous recruiting violations, but I don't see these years long investigations happening. And even if there is one, well, here's your slap on the wrist. Maybe I'm dead wrong, I don't know, but this is going to potentially set us back for many many years.
Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

WildRebel wrote:Why in the hell are they going through Ole Miss with a fine tooth comb? .

Birmingham. Where is Birmingham? Alabama.

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The NCAA will drop the hammer on us. We need to accept that, and plan for the fallout. Maybe our grandchildren will know what a national championship feels like.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:
rebelbear wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
We didn't go 0-8 2 different years, that's wrong. In my opinion, which means nothing, Freeze has one more year to turn this around. If he can't, he needs to go. What happened Saturday is a firing offense. Worst egg bowl lost in over 100 years. His grace period is over with. I'm beginning to wonder if he survives this ncaa bs. This recruiting class is going to be a joke, probably loaded with jucos. Hope he pulls it out, I'm pulling for him.
You're right. We went 0-7 one of those years (2007) because we played an 11 game schedule, and then we went 0-8 in 2011 the year prior to Freeze's arrival. Either way, the point is that we were in the lowest of lows before he arrived and has had a huge amount of success in a VERY short amount of time.
Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Due to one class that all left early.

55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rebelbear wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
rebelbear wrote:
You're right. We went 0-7 one of those years (2007) because we played an 11 game schedule, and then we went 0-8 in 2011 the year prior to Freeze's arrival. Either way, the point is that we were in the lowest of lows before he arrived and has had a huge amount of success in a VERY short amount of time.
Wait a darn minute. You can't come in here and start using common sense. The only reason everybody is so upset is because of the success he had in years two, three and four. As was stated elsewhere, I think CHF knows that what happened here is unacceptable and I think he probably has a plan to address it. To think we need to up and fire him after one bad season is absurd. Heck, we're still waiting on Andy Kennedy to step up and bring a mediocre program to the next level and he's been here ten years. CHF is coaching in the best division in the best conference in America and inherited a dumpster fire. What he did in his first four years was amazing.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I was wrong rebelbear, we did go 0-8 twice, the 2 years u said. Guess sometimes not having good memory is a good thing, u forget some of those bad seasons.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

A bad year always include 0-3 vs Lsu, ark and msu. Even 9-3 with those losses hurts.
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

FWIW - I'm hearing Marquis Haynes IS considering coming back for his Senior Year. We'll see.....
-----
Go Rebs!!