This isn't surprising, and very telling

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Marquis Haynes just told Chuck he was 99% sure he was not coming back for his final season. During the game Kiffin was trying to talk to Haynes, and he was just ignoring Kiffin, shaking his head. Seems the staff has lost this team. I think maybe we should go after Norvell at tiger high. I'd also take Juston Fuentes. Seems the tiger high folks know how to hire a good HC. Maybe we should get some of their office people also.
Last edited by rebeljim on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Derrick Mason, Aranda, Fedora, Norvell, Strong would all be great choices for DC if they are available.
Later,
Hagar
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

All it takes is one person to start ruining a dressing room. One person starts griping/complaining and worse not giving what they have and pretty soon you have a situation that blows the whole team up. No amount of talent can overcome it. If he doesn't want to be at OM he needs to transfer. There is no excuse for not playing hard.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

All the names you listed would be awesome but not 1 would come here unless we bring in a dump truck full of money, which doesn't happen for a coordinater, especially at Ole Miss. the first problem is we don't have the funds to bring it top tier coaches and then we have this big black cloud hovering over our program right now. Bjork needs to put his foot down and demand a decision from the NCAA. This has been going on far too long and it will continue to destroy us if they keep dragging their feet.
Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

I don't think OM will be demanding anything of the NCAA lol.

Freeze lucked out the first year with the class that came in. Most of those left early and what was left wasn't going anywhere fast. Couple that with some of the worst play calling I've ever seen , and you get 5-7. Still can't believe he burned Shea's shirt. Guess he figured he had to in order to save his job.

This gimmick offense he likes to run is over in the SEC.

On the bright side, should be plenty of room at home games next year and plenty of $10 scalper tickets lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Tcounty1 wrote:I don't think OM will be demanding anything of the NCAA lol.

Freeze lucked out the first year with the class that came in. Most of those left early and what was left wasn't going anywhere fast. Couple that with some of the worst play calling I've ever seen , and you get 5-7. Still can't believe he burned Shea's shirt. Guess he figured he had to in order to save his job.

This gimmick offense he likes to run is over in the SEC.

On the bright side, should be plenty of room at home games next year and plenty of $10 scalper tickets lol.

Can we at least demand they fire everyone as part of our punishment?
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:All the names you listed would be awesome but not 1 would come here unless we bring in a dump truck full of money, which doesn't happen for a coordinater, especially at Ole Miss. the first problem is we don't have the funds to bring it top tier coaches and then we have this big black cloud hovering over our program right now. Bjork needs to put his foot down and demand a decision from the NCAA. This has been going on far too long and it will continue to destroy us if they keep dragging their feet.

Agree. The NCAA would hurt us in trying to get a top tier coordinator. Strong is a high character guy that is sincere about his development of men, so he and Freeze would be a logical fit.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Strong would be a great hire that would cure our depression. Until then just sit back and wait. We had a bad year after a good year. Hang in there.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:Strong would be a great hire that would cure our depression. Until then just sit back and wait. We had a bad year after a good year. Hang in there.

Had a bad year after the best year in 40+. The people jumping off a bridge have 0 perspective. If you listen to Freeze post game, I would be shocked if there was not a massive overhaul on the defensive side of the ball and a few changes on O.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I was at a UNC game over the weekend and heard talk that they were suing the NCAA
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
bbqit wrote:Strong would be a great hire that would cure our depression. Until then just sit back and wait. We had a bad year after a good year. Hang in there.

Had a bad year after the best year in 40+. The people jumping off a bridge have 0 perspective. If you listen to Freeze post game, I would be shocked if there was not a massive overhaul on the defensive side of the ball and a few changes on O.
Here's where we are after 5 years. A 19-21 SEC record. We are at the very bottom of the SEC, as in last place, and no doubt the worst team in the SEC. Our recruiting right now is dead last in the SEC. We are in our 4th year of a ncaa probe, with still no end in sight, and the ncaa wants to nail Freeze BADLY. The probe should end either next spring or next fall from what I've gathered. As for as coaches leaving, I've heard at least 4 on defense and 2 on offense. Also was told both Luke and Werner are locks to return, BIG MISTAKE. All season long, Freeze has looked disinterested on the sidelines. As if there was somewhere else he'd rather be. The players are fight amongst themselves. The players are fighting with the coaches. Did u see Haynes shaking his head no, then ignoring Kiffin on the sidelines last night? The last 2 years have been fun, especially from someone who remembers the glory years. But I question if Freeze can handle what's ahead. I fully expect Jason Pellerin to transfer, I would if I was him. Freeze let him know Freeze didn't think he was SEC caliber by the way he lifted Shea's red shirt without even giving Jason a chance to show what he can do in a game. Freeze is showing signs of the probe wearing on him, with his image questioned, and our name being dragged through the mud nation wide. I loved the Freeze hire, but am now questioning if he is right going forward. Plus getting good assistants won't be easy with the ncaa over us. I've already said I'd be talking to Fuentes and Norvell. Fuentes may not be interested, but I bet Norvell would. What happened yesterday is a firing offense, absolutely no excuse in being abused like we was, NONE. Freeze deserves no raise or extension, and if things don't improve next season, then no way he should continue beyond that. This and nutt's last team, are by far the worst Rebel teams I have EVER seen, and that goes back to 1962. The egg bowl loss is the worst in over a 100 years. We also have a rumored, and I said RUMORED, drug problem on the team. So after 5 years, here's where we are. It doesn't look much better than it did when Freeze got here.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebeljim wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

Here's where we are after 5 years. A 19-21 SEC record. We are at the very bottom of the SEC, as in last place, and no doubt the worst team in the SEC. Our recruiting right now is dead last in the SEC. We are in our 4th year of a ncaa probe, with still no end in sight, and the ncaa wants to nail Freeze BADLY. The probe should end either next spring or next fall from what I've gathered. As for as coaches leaving, I've heard at least 4 on defense and 2 on offense. Also was told both Luke and Werner are locks to return, BIG MISTAKE. All season long, Freeze has looked disinterested on the sidelines. As if there was somewhere else he'd rather be. The players are fight amongst themselves. The players are fighting with the coaches. Did u see Haynes shaking his head no, then ignoring Kiffin on the sidelines last night? The last 2 years have been fun, especially from someone who remembers the glory years. But I question if Freeze can handle what's ahead. I fully expect Jason Pellerin to transfer, I would if I was him. Freeze let him know Freeze didn't think he was SEC caliber by the way he lifted Shea's red shirt without even giving Jason a chance to show what he can do in a game. Freeze is showing signs of the probe wearing on him, with his image questioned, and our name being dragged through the mud nation wide. I loved the Freeze hire, but am now questioning if he is right going forward. Plus getting good assistants won't be easy with the ncaa over us. I've already said I'd be talking to Fuentes and Norvell. Fuentes may not be interested, but I bet Norvell would. What happened yesterday is a firing offense, absolutely no excuse in being abused like we was, NONE. Freeze deserves no raise or extension, and if things don't improve next season, then no way he should continue beyond that. This and nutt's last team, are by far the worst Rebel teams I have EVER seen, and that goes back to 1962. The egg bowl loss is the worst in over a 100 years. We also have a rumored, and I said RUMORED, drug problem on the team. So after 5 years, here's where we are. It doesn't look much better than it did when Freeze got here.

Exactly. People get so caught up in a couple bowls and beating Bama that they are blind to every thing else. I didn't like the Freeze hire from the start. That gimmicky brand of football is good for about 2-3 years until the good teams figure it out and then you're done. All season long teams adjusted at halftime and handed out Ass to us and we did nothing.

bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Every coach in the nation should fear what the NCAA is doing to us. They have literally stayed, 5 years now, until they found something. Setting that as the way to do things will get anybody on probation.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Tcounty1 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

Exactly. People get so caught up in a couple bowls and beating Bama that they are blind to every thing else. I didn't like the Freeze hire from the start. That gimmicky brand of football is good for about 2-3 years until the good teams figure it out and then you're done. All season long teams adjusted at halftime and handed out Ass to us and we did nothing.

You're dead on! Most people don't get it, but you do! You can win 9, 10, or even 12 games, and still have problems! Freeze doesn't seem to get that. We won 9 games, but we still needed to improve offensive line, defense, and play calling! We didn't, and this year we only one 5. Who didn't see that coming? Hugh Freeze!
Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Anyone want to post up next years schedule and pick out the wins?