Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Someone mentioned this name to me today also. Seems as he is one they are/have been talking to. Never heard of him before today but his offense works in FCS, can he translate that to the big boys?
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

his Bio is pretty impressive...I ain't against him in any way.
Later,
Hagar
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Supposely Freeze has someone in mind for OC, but hasn't decided on a DC yet. That's the rumor, and I wouldn't mind Longo from reading his bio. Think the OC will be announced after mid week next week, and the DC no later then the first of the year.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Longo is apparently considered a recruiter and he runs a high octane tempo offense and has youth on his side. I could easily support him I think... I don't see a downside to hiring him myself.
Later,
Hagar
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We could be looking at a Longo/McGriff duo with McGriff bringing in James Willis to coach the LBers. I wish we would get an established DC, but it's Freeze's call.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I could support a Longi hire based off credentials. Outside of looking at stat sheets I know nothing about him but it does look impressive. I would be dissappointed in a Mcgriff/Willis hire.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Pretty unimpressed with Sam Houston's offense so far...eerily similar to ours at times....
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

If this is the same guy we are chasing for OC on ESPN2, I am thinking down 42-0 at the half we might have a plan B. Just my 2cent. Not impressed.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Read up on him.. Very interesting bio... The offense is very intriguing. The QB does not have to make many reads. He has to set protection, then WRs are required to know coverages and adapt their routes. He has rolled up crazy scoring records in FCS, but ole James Madison is blowing the doors off of them at the moment. I won't pretend to know enough about FCS to speak intelligently. I know that the guy has had success at every level. A lot of his stuff supposedly came from the air raid, but it is not typical air raid. 1st in passing 21st in rushing...
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

jrhawki wrote:If this is the same guy we are chasing for OC on ESPN2, I am thinking down 42-0 at the half we might have a plan B. Just my 2cent. Not impressed.
It's now 65-0...
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

apparently I have been mislead by his bio...maybe we need to rethink this again. :lol: :lol:
Later,
Hagar
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Was that a butt kicking or what. Laughing at some on scout complaining about wasting 3 1/2 hours on a Friday night watching Sam Houston State and James Madison. I don't know what to think after that dumpster fire. But it's scary if Freeze has to dip into the FCS for an OC and someone who's never been a DC for that position. The ncaa mess has really poisoned our program right now. If we have another season next year like this one, we'll probably be looking for a HC this time next year. Hopefully it won't come to that.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Classic case of stat sheet lying. Can't say I sat through that whole massacre, but the parts I did see were bad and don't see this type of offense working any better than what we had or against far superior defensive coaches that we face week in/week out. Do not want. I hope Freeze makes the right move.
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Hagar wrote:apparently I have been mislead by his bio...maybe we need to rethink this again. :lol: :lol:
I am not in the know of who the OC is, but I looked at the results. I was reading and it appears the SHS's QB sat out of practice all week because of an injury from the previous Saturday (6 days before the bad game) It would have affected him for that Game. If we are looking at Longo, let's not discount a year's worth of offense b/c of one game with a injured QB. It was a game SHS was not favored to win. Their offense sucked that game though. But so did defense and special teams (they have up a blocked punt for a TD I think, and a long return).
-----
Go Rebs!!