How about Coach Phil Longo for OC???

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

lewindha wrote:
Kats89 wrote:
Tcounty1 wrote:That type of offense will not work in the SEC. You HAVE to be able to run the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can run the ball effectively in Longo's offense.

2016..... Avg 179 yds per game, 5.2 yds per carry
2015..... Avg 253 yds per game, 5.3 yds per carry

I know a lot of teams that would take that average any day ... I would hate to lose Longo, but cant fault a man that wants to move on up. But, personally I think it is a big jump from FCS to a Power 5 conference. Its Freeze's call though.

I honestly thought Sterling Gilbert would have the inside track. He did have a running back that led the nation in rushing with 2000+ yds rushing at Texas this year.
Hasn't SHS rushed for close to 10,000 yards the last 3 years? Man, that just won't work.

Edit: 10,010 yards in three years. d*** pass happy mf'er.

Yea and who did they get all those yards rushing against?

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:A name to keep an eye on as a possible replacement for Kiffin.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =209966230

Gonna come down to who they Mcgriff/Freeze has relationships with.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Tcounty1 wrote:
lewindha wrote:
Kats89 wrote:

You can run the ball effectively in Longo's offense.

2016..... Avg 179 yds per game, 5.2 yds per carry
2015..... Avg 253 yds per game, 5.3 yds per carry

I know a lot of teams that would take that average any day ... I would hate to lose Longo, but cant fault a man that wants to move on up. But, personally I think it is a big jump from FCS to a Power 5 conference. Its Freeze's call though.

I honestly thought Sterling Gilbert would have the inside track. He did have a running back that led the nation in rushing with 2000+ yds rushing at Texas this year.
Hasn't SHS rushed for close to 10,000 yards the last 3 years? Man, that just won't work.

Um, the competition. You seem to forget that while Sam Houston's competition wasn't near the caliber Long will be facing in the SEC, the athletes he had to run that offense won't come close to the caliber of athletes he'll have at Ole Miss to run that offense.
Some Random Dude
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

lewindha wrote:
Tcounty1 wrote:

Um, the competition. You seem to forget that while Sam Houston's competition wasn't near the caliber Long will be facing in the SEC, the athletes he had to run that offense won't come close to the caliber of athletes he'll have at Ole Miss to run that offense.
Yup. This seems to be the thing everybody leaves out when talking about Longo. Maybe his system works, maybe it don't but there's only way to know for sure.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
Tcounty1 wrote:
lewindha wrote:

I am with you. Both of us had concerns about Freeze as the head guy, and less than a year removed from a Sugar Bowl win we are *beep* and moaning about a coordinator from a lower level. You reach a certain point where football is football. The athletes change, but football is still played on a 100 yard rectangle.
Kats89
Water Boy
Water Boy

lewindha wrote:
Tcounty1 wrote:
lewindha wrote:

:lol: There are several that could play at Ole Miss and in the SEC.

And Longo with this offense put up 637 total yds and 317 rushing yards on Texas Tech last year. :roll:
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Kats89 wrote:
lewindha wrote:
Tcounty1 wrote:

:lol: There are several that could play at Ole Miss and in the SEC.

And Longo with this offense put up 637 total yds and 317 rushing yards on Texas Tech last year. :roll:

I'm excited... I encourage everybody who is not to back away from the ledge and give him a shot... Hiring an OC not named Matt Luke makes me believe Freeze will take more of a CEO role and let him call his O.
Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

We'll see. It's just everyone's opinion right now. I think if we go 6-6 next year would be a good year. Hope I'm wrong.

Tcounty1
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:A name to keep an eye on as a possible replacement for Kiffin.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =209966230

Gonna come down to who they Mcgriff/Freeze has relationships with.
It's looking like Scott will get the dline job. Hoping so.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food