Moderator: Rebel Security

bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I smell troll dung
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ballboy85 wrote:I knew it was a matter of time before we got the big hammer. We just don't get the classes we get without something behind the scenes. I had a bad feeling the last few years. Too bad Freeze couldn't have used those classes to make something happen before this came to light.
If I throw a ball, will u run after it???
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
ballboy85
Water Boy
Water Boy

I think Freeze already fell for that one!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

ballboy85 wrote:I knew it was a matter of time before we got the big hammer. We just don't get the classes we get without something behind the scenes. I had a bad feeling the last few years. Too bad Freeze couldn't have used those classes to make something happen before this came to light.
Thanks for the insight dawgboy, er I mean ballboy.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
If I throw a ball, will u run after it???
that sounds painful
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Lets not kid ourselves, we knew that it was coming. Think it was Dale Earnhardt that said if you aren't cheating your not trying to win. If Tubbyville doesn't get elected gov of AL maybe he will step in and save our bacon again. We can spin this anyway you wish and I think it still comes out UGLY. It already is going to cost with bowl band, returned $$$, recruiting and the list goes on. Yes I believe Freeze and the powers in charge knew what was going on. Anyway it is what it is...Maybe we can make Omaha and a good run in the NIT.....
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Article about the bagmen, It's a couple of years old, but interesting. By Steven Godfrey.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... -interview
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rebeljim wrote:SaturdayDownSouth reporting Ole Miss has turned over evidence of illegal recruiting by Mississippi State to the NCAA during the course of the investigation.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-mi ... stigation/
It won't matter because Moo U hasn't beat Alabama in the past couple of years. The NCAA is more corrupt than any school it over sees. Cam Newton was paid to play, they knew it and not one thing was done. Just watch the video of the Alabama players. Ole Miss may have infractions but let's face it. What they are really guilty of is beating Alabama two out of three and improving their recruiting classes. It upset the apple cart and upset some people who decided to make a example out of them. As long as we were flying under the radar and taking regular beatings against the top tier teams in the SEC all was good. There isn't a major college in America who hasn't done as much as OM or more.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

$34K over 4 years is not a lot of cheating. Look at what Cam was paid, what they were paying out at USC. Hell Marcus Dupree was getting new cars when he turned 15. The NCAA has just way over legislated. If guy with season tickets has some players over to his house for hotdogs its a level 1 violation. Come on, that's ridiculous
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

fenderman wrote:$34K over 4 years is not a lot of cheating. Look at what Cam was paid, what they were paying out at USC. Hell Marcus Dupree was getting new cars when he turned 15. The NCAA has just way over legislated. If guy with season tickets has some players over to his house for hotdogs its a level 1 violation. Come on, that's ridiculous
State paid close to that for Will Redmond. ONE. PLAYER.
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We are in line to receive similar punishment to a school who covered up child molestation... At worst, we paid players vs child rape... Let that sink in for a minute.

UNC created fake classes. Louisville coaches paid for prostitutes and stripper on campus, but hey if a kid goes hunting, gets some food, or money, HAMMER THEM!
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Yeah Sandusky was raping kids in the shower at high noon and the school let him do it. Bama pics of stars and their cars are all over the place on the net and nothing is done. The game of CFB is rigged
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

There is no level playing field. Period.
ballboy85
Water Boy
Water Boy

It is all corrupt. Ole Miss does not get top recruiting classes without something going on. Alabama players don't drive new cars without something going on. Even when I was in college in the 80's, the ball players were driving new Camaro Z28's around campus. I knew a couple of them and they were dirt poor in high school. To get top players in the country to move to Oxford, MS when they could go anywhere? Hugh is a good friend and a good guy but for him not to know what was going on. BS!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ballboy85 wrote:It is all corrupt. Ole Miss does not get top recruiting classes without something going on. Alabama players don't drive new cars without something going on. Even when I was in college in the 80's, the ball players were driving new Camaro Z28's around campus. I knew a couple of them and they were dirt poor in high school. To get top players in the country to move to Oxford, MS when they could go anywhere? Hugh is a good friend and a good guy but for him not to know what was going on. BS!

1. 0% Chance you are friends with Hugh Freeze.
2. Cars have been given away for a long time. I have a relative who was offered a car by State and Ole Miss in the 60s.
3. To say that you can't get top talent at Ole Miss is moronic. Why can't they? Are they not in the SEC? Are elite guys not capable of getting drafted out of Ole Miss? Go to Alabama and be a big fish in the biggest pond, or go to Ole Miss and be a big fish in a smaller pond. Nigel Knott from Germantown for example, he will be a back up at Bama this year at best. He would more than likely start for us this year.
4. Since Ole Miss pays all these players how are they losing a player here or there to State? Did Ole Miss not want Leo Lewis, Jeffrey Simmons, Willie gay? But only OLE MISS could POSSSIBLLYYYY cheat.

Here is the way I look at recruiting. Any Power 5 school has boosters capable of paying players, some more than others. Recruiting is ultimately about relationships. Could Cam Akers have gotten paid by a bunch of people? Absolutely!! It is naive to think that these elite players are only capable of getting paid by the school they chose to go to. I have seen guys get $1,000 to sign with Juco teams.