Houston F'n Nutt

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

My only concern at this moment is Luke. He is running the program so that is where most of my attention is. If our AD puts out a list I will check it twice. Until then I want Luke to keep us informed about the team. I want to know how they will perform on the field as much as they want on the field. This year is only written off if we don't pay attention.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

bbqit wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:27 pm My only concern at this moment is Luke. He is running the program so that is where most of my attention is. If our AD puts out a list I will check it twice. Until then I want Luke to keep us informed about the team. I want to know how they will perform on the field as much as they want on the field. This year is only written off if we don't pay attention.
I respect your opinion but my concern is the future of this football program. I think we all know Luke won't be coaching this team next year. We need someone who can right a VERY wrong ship. With what has happened and what is still happening, Ole Miss could suffer for MANY YEARS if the administration puts the wrong guy at head coach. I'm behind these players and will be cheering them on all year but let's be honest, the head coaching hire is a huge issue that needs lots of attention.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm Nope, I am saying that I saw him lose several games, with far superior talent, because of clock management and woeful offensive execution. Hell, Orgeron won with the talent Les had!
I remember 2, maybe 3, games Miles made bad use of clock and possibly cost LSU the game. I'll take a couple losses over how many years???? 12 years he was at LSU??? let's bring in a coach who is more effiecient with the clock but can get you an average of 7 wins. That team executed their offense. I don't get the arguement that they had poor offense??? Sure, it was a old school power/run heavy offense but it worked! They won LOTS of games!!! Les was fired because they didn't beat Bama, plain and simple...I'm sorry, but no one else is either on a consistent basis. Ok, Freeze did...
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:55 pm
bbqit wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:27 pm My only concern at this moment is Luke. He is running the program so that is where most of my attention is. If our AD puts out a list I will check it twice. Until then I want Luke to keep us informed about the team. I want to know how they will perform on the field as much as they want on the field. This year is only written off if we don't pay attention.
I respect your opinion but my concern is the future of this football program. I think we all know Luke won't be coaching this team next year. We need someone who can right a VERY wrong ship. With what has happened and what is still happening, Ole Miss could suffer for MANY YEARS if the administration puts the wrong guy at head coach. I'm behind these players and will be cheering them on all year but let's be honest, the head coaching hire is a huge issue that needs lots of attention.

Look, I do agree with you but when I don't have any control over something that concerns me I do the most positive thing I can. I've seen my share of bad hires. The 70's were tough. I've seen bad hires at other places too. The right fit is as important as his coaching abilities. Yet until the AD asks for my opinion I'm doing the most positive thing I can.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Understood....this is a message board, it's what fans do, discuss issues and talk football....I'm not waiting on a phone call from the administration....
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Lets play What If....Rebels say win 8 maybe 9 games under Luke's watch this season then what do you do with him????? I think we are looking at 6-6 however, 7-5 very possible and we get lucky catch a team looking ahead then who knows....I think Luke is 1 and done however we have new OC some good talent, kids playing with chip on shoulder. I think we are 3-0 going in to BAMA then it goes down hill. Just looking for other thoughts.....
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

This team has talent, enough talent to win that many games. The question is how will they respond to all the adversity and changes made in the offseason.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

If a second year or third year bowl ban occurs, most players will leave for other schools.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I have a difficult time understanding nutt right now. The hate and greed go deep in him.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrhawki wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:18 pm Lets play What If....Rebels say win 8 maybe 9 games under Luke's watch this season then what do you do with him????? I think we are looking at 6-6 however, 7-5 very possible and we get lucky catch a team looking ahead then who knows....I think Luke is 1 and done however we have new OC some good talent, kids playing with chip on shoulder. I think we are 3-0 going in to BAMA then it goes down hill. Just looking for other thoughts.....
Depends on the defense. I think our offense could be as good as any in the league. Swaggart, I mean Freeze, left us with depth on offense that we haven't had in a long time (if they stay) and our skill players are not only good...a few are potentially great. Defense is the wild card.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Federal court dismisses Nutt's lawsuit. Mars says he'll refile in state court.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... t-ole-miss
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yep as long as it doesn't end up in oktibiha(sp) co I expect the same result. That would be kangaroo