University of south ala game thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Band pregame had no dixie
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Goroth

looks like an ole miss game so far.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Yep sure does. Sloppy play. I think we've had a missed tackle on every play so far. Poor communication on both sides too. Shea is very athletic....
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Hope we get some adjustments in the 2nd half
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

AJ is a monster. Defense still can't tackle.
Goroth

Going to be fun watching teams pass all over this secondary.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Sloppy, but glad for the win for this team!!!
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I cringe everytime I see A J Brown field a punt... he is way too imp[ortant a cog to this team to play Special teams. If he gets hurt I am going to just be sick. Whose bright idea was it to let him field punts. Bad coaching
Later,
Hagar
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Hagar wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:19 pm I cringe everytime I see A J Brown field a punt... he is way too imp[ortant a cog to this team to play Special teams. If he gets hurt I am going to just be sick. Whose bright idea was it to let him field punts. Bad coaching
Meh, it's part of the game. If you feel he is valuable at that position, let him return punts. Our players not making tackles is bad coaching....how are you at a division 1 program and still don't know how to tackle??? it blows my mind.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hagar wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:19 pm I cringe everytime I see A J Brown field a punt... he is way too imp[ortant a cog to this team to play Special teams. If he gets hurt I am going to just be sick. Whose bright idea was it to let him field punts. Bad coaching
I made the comment a couple of years ago that, if Robert Nkemdiche gets hurt being a goal-line battering ram, there's going to be some upset Rebel fans. Remember what happened against Memphis??
I agree...someone else needs to return punts.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Remember at the end its all about the W & L's not the Pretty & Ugly's. Just go out next week, improve on what we did wrong and we are at 2-0.
Caught some of the Cal game against NC. We go play our game, see no reason why we can't be 3-0. Then it gets tough, still like 9-3 or 8-4 with us
winning our bowl game with the Bullies. Hotty Toddy
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Let him fair catch every punt if he has to. He can actually catch the ball. That's an upgrade over years past at punt returner.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

the most dangerous position on the field is special teams punt returner...anyone can take a player out of the game with only the cost of a penalty...just a bad risk putting him back there. Kinda like leading with your queen in chess...just not wise.
Later,
Hagar
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I don't agree with the strategy of not playing a player because of injury scare...of course unless that player is injury prone or has a previous injury:...i understand your views on it, but I disagree. I think you always put the best player at that position in the game. It's a contact sport and shouldn't be pasified....
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

WildRebel wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:14 am I don't agree with the strategy of not playing a player because of injury scare...of course unless that player is injury prone or has a previous injury:...i understand your views on it, but I disagree. I think you always put the best player at that position in the game. It's a contact sport and shouldn't be pasified....
Not into all the analytical "metrics" or anything, but let's say there's the chance that he'll take a punt return to the house 1 of every 100 receptions. I'd say the odds are MUCH higher of that happening on a pass reception. On a punt return, he is the defensive focus of 11 men. In a pass route, 2-3 at most. I say remove ANY chance of him being injured on punt returns...he'll score double-digit TDs receiving this year.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"