UTM game thoughts

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Its evident that our defense still needs work. Can anyone explain how we cannot execute the fundamentals of tackling. This just amazes me.

WE must get this corrected.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Other than the QB and WR, nothing on our team looks good. And that includes the coaches. Think we should be looking for an established HC.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

This isn't something that is going to be corrected by adjustments or better coaching . If it talks like a duck , it's a duck . We now have 14 games with the majority of these players and the stats say they just aren't talented enough to be an sec defense . Hugh freeze star gazed and went after guys that he knew we may not get and when we didn't get them his backups weren't sec caliber players . He misjudged them and now we are in deep doo doo. Don't get your hopes up man... this defense is bad and it's going to be bad all season long . We will give up 40 plus points a game in the sec .
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

I am very guilty of overrating this team. Midway through the 1st qrt with UTM running straight up the field reality set in. Not so sure we win another game. I was hoping for the best and we might catch a victim here or there but doudt it. Maybe ULLA. Went from a 9-3 to a 3-9 season today in my world. Will still keep the light on.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebeljim wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:36 pm Other than the QB and WR, nothing on our team looks good. And that includes the coaches. Think we should be looking for an established HC.
Agree 100%
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

jrhawki wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:41 pm I am very guilty of overrating this team. Midway through the 1st qrt with UTM running straight up the field reality set in. Not so sure we win another game. I was hoping for the best and we might catch a victim here or there but doudt it. Maybe ULLA. Went from a 9-3 to a 3-9 season today in my world. Will still keep the light on.
First, if you were expecting us to go 9-3, I DON'T want any of what you're smoking. Secondly, our defensive front isn't bad...not very deep, though. Our DBs are young, but there's some talent there. Our LBs, however, are trash...there's not an SEC-caliber LB on our roster. And, since most defenses rely on the D-line to keep blockers off of the LBs so they can make tackles, we're in a world of hurt. Wish we had more depth at DL so we could go to a 5-2 base set...one less liability at LB on the field.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"