Cal thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This is the worst team with talent I ever saw. You understand it when the talent isn't there. I feel sorry for the players, our stadium, my kids, my pets and my tv. Thank goodness Vaught can't see this cause the black ncaa cloud is blocking his view.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Delete
Last edited by WildRebel on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:08 am
Goroth wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:55 am Patterson finished up the bad night of football. Not on the OLine that time. But they let it all get into his head. Guess the 2 fans that went can had back to the hotel.
I am very concerned with how he reacted to pressure all night long... Not just pressure from Cal, but pressure from the situation. It could be a very long night at Bama if he has that deer in the headlights look.

What?? Let's forget he is a sophomore starting only a handful of games for starters. Did you actually notice how many plays he was pressured? Without going back and looking, I would feel confident saying 85% of dropbacks there was someoene in his face or chasing him. If you've ever been in that position, it's very frustrating and a confidence killer to have that happen every d*** time, I don't care what your talent level is, not to mention the energy it takes. It throws your rhythm off(don't think he ever had a chance to get in one though) this kid is one of the best athletes you will see come through this program and his talent is being wasted...he also threw for 360 yards and almost other QBs would have been sacked on half of the plays he escaped the pocket.
Goroth

WildRebel wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:12 pm What?? Let's forget he is a sophomore starting only a handful of games for starters. Did you actually notice how many plays he was pressured? Without going back and looking, I would feel confident saying 85% of dropbacks there was someoene in his face or chasing him. If you've ever been in that position, it's very frustrating and a confidence killer to have that happen every d*** time, I don't care what your talent level is, not to mention the energy it takes. It throws your rhythm off(don't think he ever had a chance to get in one though) this kid is one of the best athletes you will see come through this program and his talent is being wasted...he also threw for 360 yards and almost other QBs would have been sacked on half of the plays he escaped the pocket.
He is a sophomore and the line screwed him all game long. The loss of the center was a huge blow to him and the line too. Cal a poor defensive team and made our offense look even worse.

I agree he is wasting his talent here. I almost wish he would just do what is best for him. But I am glad he stayed with Ole Miss.
Goroth

I feel only running 28 plays on offense will get us killed against the Bama's of the world.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Goroth wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:03 pm I feel only running 28 plays on offense will get us killed against the Bama's of the world.
And the Cal's of the world too apparently.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We all know what needs to be done. Hire a actual HC. The staff we have is a joke.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Goroth wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:50 pm
WildRebel wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:12 pm What?? Let's forget he is a sophomore starting only a handful of games for starters. Did you actually notice how many plays he was pressured? Without going back and looking, I would feel confident saying 85% of dropbacks there was someoene in his face or chasing him. If you've ever been in that position, it's very frustrating and a confidence killer to have that happen every d*** time, I don't care what your talent level is, not to mention the energy it takes. It throws your rhythm off(don't think he ever had a chance to get in one though) this kid is one of the best athletes you will see come through this program and his talent is being wasted...he also threw for 360 yards and almost other QBs would have been sacked on half of the plays he escaped the pocket.
He is a sophomore and the line screwed him all game long. The loss of the center was a huge blow to him and the line too. Cal a poor defensive team and made our offense look even worse.

I agree he is wasting his talent here. I almost wish he would just do what is best for him. But I am glad he stayed with Ole Miss.
I do feel bad for him. He could be at ANY SCHOOL he wants right now but is at Ole Miss. it does show his character that he stayed instead of jumping ship when things started going south. I just hate it that he is stuck in this offense that doesn't showcase his talent like his talent should be. This offense reminds me of high school. Listening to Longo talk about it reminds me of high school. I'm sure the guy knows 100 times more than I do but I'm not sold what he wants to do is going to work in division 1, especially not against the Bamas of football. He got exposed last night and like someone else mentioned, it was Cal, not the most dominant defense we play this year.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Stupid question: If you jump ship before your 4 years are you required to return the Escalade? [emoji848]
Chucky_38
All American
All American

proud2breb wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:21 pm Stupid question: If you jump ship before your 4 years are you required to return the Escalade? [emoji848]
No but you do forfeit your luxury payment package. #TheNetworkislocalonly
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!