new mascot

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We are already being laughed at by other teams' fans. Think this is a mistake.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Landshark only makes sense for football. We're the laughingstock of the SEC. #BringBackTheColonel
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

My question I've been asking since the liberals removed col. Reb is why do we even need a dang mascot? I couldn't care less about an idiot in a costume on the sideline.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Like I said, we will be a laughing stock. And it's already started.

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2017/10 ... ark-mascot
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I would like to see Vitter, Bjork and Luke gone...soon. But I’d also like to still be able to hit my driver 290+ yards like 30 years ago. Don’t see any of those things happening. Which sucks for me!
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

The original Landshark reference was in recognition of our nasty defense at that time. Currently, I believe a Jellyfish would be more appropriate...spineless!
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Could be the Mississippi Pirates instead.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

The Landshark is a fantastic idea for a mascot. It's unique to all of college football and it's already much more popular than the bear. We are going to have one. It is going to be a shark. It is NOT going to be the colonel. Time to move on and support the program.

As for Vitter, you need to research all the ways, and there are many, the University has grown and flourished under his leadership. It is unreal that people want him gone. Bjork...best AD we have had in the history of our school. He has been instrumental in helping turn OM into a national brand as opposed to a regional one. His fundraising ability is unparalleled. If given the chance he will land a coach that will please all of us.

Sometimes I think our fans either do not want to see OM grow and be successful at all levels or they just are oblivious to the things that hurt our image for decades. But hey, that's just my opinion. Maybe we would be better off promoting MS's Grand Dragon to chancellor, giving Pete Boone his job back, putting the Colonel on the sidelines, dressing a student in a confederate general uniform and putting him on a horse with sword drawn to lead our team into glorious battle before each game and unveiling a 50 yard long confederate battle flag at the half to promote our heritage and pride. I'm sure the donations, students, proffesors, coaches and athletes would line up to attend.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:57 pm The Landshark is a fantastic idea for a mascot. It's unique to all of college football and it's already much more popular than the bear. We are going to have one. It is going to be a shark. It is NOT going to be the colonel. Time to move on and support the program.

As for Vitter, you need to research all the ways, and there are many, the University has grown and flourished under his leadership. It is unreal that people want him gone. Bjork...best AD we have had in the history of our school. He has been instrumental in helping turn OM into a national brand as opposed to a regional one. His fundraising ability is unparalleled. If given the chance he will land a coach that will please all of us.

Sometimes I think our fans either do not want to see OM grow and be successful at all levels or they just are oblivious to the things that hurt our image for decades. But hey, that's just my opinion. Maybe we would be better off promoting MS's Grand Dragon to chancellor, giving Pete Boone his job back, putting the Colonel on the sidelines, dressing a student in a confederate general uniform and putting him on a horse with sword drawn to lead our team into glorious battle before each game and unveiling a 50 yard long confederate battle flag at the half to promote our heritage and pride. I'm sure the donations, students, proffesors, coaches and athletes would line up to attend.
Whatever
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:57 pm The Landshark is a fantastic idea for a mascot. It's unique to all of college football and it's already much more popular than the bear. We are going to have one. It is going to be a shark. It is NOT going to be the colonel. Time to move on and support the program.

Uncalled for