New Head Coach

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I feel the same GTown. I have considered many times in my head about maybe no one wanted the job and their hands were tied, BUT money talks. There were plenty of coaches who would’ve accepted a double in salary to come here. It was, IMO, the only way to keep this thing afloat( get the good recruits, keep the fan base interested, seats full, WIN GAMES, etc). It feels like they threw in the white flag and said “the hell with it, were just going to suck”. I just believe a respectable coach could have come here even under the upcoming sanctions. Even if it was just a stepping stone for 3-4 years for someone, at least our program doesn’t tank. A double in salary, Ole MiSs facilities, coach in the SEC, and last but not least, he would come here and not be under a lot of pressure. We know there are sanctions coming and we’re not going to be able to win 9-10 games a year with limited scholarships. Please let me be wrong.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Head coach is settled whether you like it or not. Now for the sanctions whether you like it or not. At least that is what I am being told whether I like it or not.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

So we should just shut up and keep sending money? Everyone will be happy then. I think it’s time for Ole Miss to stop settling.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:12 pm So we should just shut up and keep sending money? Everyone will be happy then. I think it’s time for Ole Miss to stop settling.
That’s what I keep hearing.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Yea me too. They’ve lost my support. Sadly, if enough stop like me they might listen then.

I also keep hearing...”well, shea, aj, and others told the staff they would transfer if Luke wasnt hired.” Really?!! We let student athletes threaten us?? In the words of the Texans Bob McNair....can’t let the inmates run the prison.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It’s a done deal. Now to make the best of it. Please prove me wrong about this